Abdul Hamid Bin Abdullah
Mr. Abdul Hamid Bin Abdullah
BEng Hons (Polymer Engineering), MSc (Polymer Engineering), MIEAust, TAE Cert IV
Lecturer | Department of Mechanical Engineering | Faculty of Engineering and Science
Telephone: +60 85 630100 Extn: 2515
Location: Skylark (SK3)-350
ORCID Profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0178-4508
ResearchGate Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Abdul_Hamid_Abdullah
Mr. Abdul Hamid was graduated with Bachelor of Engineering from Universiti Sains Malaysia in 2008. After that he continued his MSc under the supervision of Prof Hanafi Ismail from USM in the area of polymer composite materials. He was appointed as a research officer in USM from 2008 until 2011. He obtained his MSc in polymer composites field and after that he worked with Tokuyama Corporation, Japan as a DCS Engineer and Radiation Protection Officer. Then he came back to Malaysia to work with Tokuyama Malaysia to train new field engineers and operators on the new technology transfer for polycrystalline silicon manufacturing plant operation. He recruited by Curtin Malaysia and had served in three different departments. Currently he is a lecturer in the Mechanical Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering and Science. His current research focuses polymeric composite materials, materials characterization and testing of materials.
Polymers, Composites, Materials Characterization, Biomaterials, Green Materials, Rubber, Recycled Materials, Bio-Waste
- Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering, Curtin Malaysia (July 2018 – Current)
- Lecturer, Petroleum Engineering, Curtin Malaysia (Jan 2015 – Jun 2018)
- Lecturer, Process Plant Technology, Curtin Malaysia (Jun 2012 – Dec 2014)
- Engineer, Tokuyama Malaysia Sdn. Bhd (Mar 2012 – Jun 2012)
- Engineer, Tokuyama Corporation, Japan (Mar 2011 – Feb 2012)
- Research Officer, Universiti Sains Malaysia (May 2008 – Feb 2011)
- Internship, Hokuetsu Seishi Paper Mills Ltd, Japan (May 2007 – July 2007)
- Best Paper Award – One Curtin International Postgraduate Conference 2018
- Member, Engineers Australia (EA ID: 8780005)
- Graduate Engineer, Board of Engineers Malaysia (GE-69869A)
- Graduate Member, Institute of Engineers Malaysia (Membership No. 112331)
- Head, Faculty’s IP and Commercialization Working Group (2022)
- Board of Studies, Engineering First Year, Faculty of Engineering (2021-Current)
- Committee Member, Students and Alumni Relation Committee (SARC) (2022)
- Committee Member, Faculty’s Safety and Health (2016-2022)
- Committee Member, Faculty’s Website and Marketing (2015-2016)
- Committee Member, Student Staff Consultative Committee (SSCC) (2015-2016)
- Internal Academic Auditor for Diploma of Instrumentation and Control Engineering (2014)
- Management Committee for Azman Islamic Centre, Curtin Malaysia (2016-2018)
- Committee Member, Curtin Malaysia Open Day (2012-2015)
- Unit Leader for Teaching Units (2012-2022)
- Board of Examiners (2012-2022)
- Chief Invigilator for Final Exams (2012-2022)
- Curtin Malaysia Representative for Sarawak Education Expo (2022)
- Engineering Materials
- Resources, Processes and Materials Engineering
- Engineering Foundations: Principles, Design and Communication
- Fundamentals of Strength of Materials
- Advanced Strength of Materials
- Machine Dynamics
- Diploma Subjects/Units
- Engineering Foundation Subjects/Units
- Dominick Wong, Mahmood Anwar, Sujan Debnath, Abdul Hamid, Sudin Izman, A.K. Basak, Alokesh Pramani (2022) Tensile Strength and Morphological Behavior of Treated Oil Pam Empty Fruit Bunch Particle Reinforced Polymeric Composite, Materials Science Forum, 1064 MSF, pp. 27-37.
- Wong, D., Anwar, M., Debnath, S., Hamid, A., Izman, S. (2021) A Review: Recent Development of Natural Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Nanocomposites, JOM, 73 (8), pp. 2504-2515.
- Wong, D., Anwar, M., Debnath, S., Hamid, A., Izman, S., Pramanik, A. (2021) Degassing process influence on tensile strength of neat e132 epoxy polymeric materials, Materials Science Forum, 1026 MSF, pp. 129-135.
- H. Abdullah, A. A. Bakar, H. Ismail, A. W. M. Kahar and S. Debnath (2019) The Effects Of Accelerated Weathering On The Tensile Properties Of Kenaf Reinforced Biocomposites, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, doi:10.1088/1757-899X/495/1/012110
- T. Oo, A.H. Abdullah, M. Anwar, N. A. N. Khandoker, S. Islam and S. Debnath (2019) IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, doi:10.1088/1757-899X/495/1/012094
- W. Kai, A.H. Abdullah and S. Debnath (2019) Mechanical Properties of Hybrid Polymer Composite Using Natural Fiber and Nanoparticle, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, doi:10.1088/1757-899X/495/1/012095
- Faisal Amri Tanjung, Yalun Arifin, Abdul Hamid Abdullah, and Iqmal Tahir (2017) Bilayer-Structured Regenerated Cellulose/Chitosan Films Prepared with Ionic Liquid, Indones. J. Chem., 17 (3), pp. 351 – 359
- Kahar AWM, Ismail H, Abdul Hamid A. (2016). The correlation between crosslink density and thermal properties of high-density polyethylene/natural rubber/thermoplastic tapioca starch blends prepared via dynamic vulcanisation approach, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 123(1) pp. 301-308.
- Ismail, A. Hamid Abdullah, A. Abu Bakar (2010) Kenaf Core Reinforced High-Density Polyethylene/Soya Powder Composites: The Effects of Filler Loading and Compatibilizer, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 29 (16) pp. 2489-2497.
- Ismail, A. Hamid Abdullah, A. Abu Bakar (2010) Effects of Silane Based Coupling Agent on the Properties of Kenaf Core Reinforced High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)/Soya Powder Composites, Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, 49 (11) pp. 1095-1100.
- Ismail, A. Hamid Abdullah, A. Abu Bakar (2010) Influence of Acetylation on the Tensile Properties, Water Absorption and Thermal Stability on High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)/Soya Powder/Kenaf Core Composites, Journal of Vinyl and Additive Technology, 17(2) pp.132-137.
- Felix Wong Wei Zie, Sujan Debnath, Mahmood Anwar and Abdul Hamid Abdullah, Enhancing Mechanical Performance of Bagasse Fiber-Epoxy Composite by Surface Treatment, 10th International Conference on Manufacturing Science and Technology (ICMST 2019), Sabah, August 9-11, 2019
- Abdul Hamid Bin Abdullah, Hanafi Ismail, Azhar Abu Bakar, Sujan Debnath, The Effects of Oxidized Polyethylene as a Compatibilizer on the Tensile and Water Absortion Properties of Biocomposites, 7th International Conference on Manufacturing Science and Technology, Curtin Sarawak, Miri, Sarawak, July 16-18th 2016
- Abdul Hamid bin Abdullah, Jaffrey Naan, Chew Ing Ming, Natallee Faith Kwan, An overview: Developing the minds through practical support for Diploma of Process Plant Technology Students in Curtin Sarawak, 2ndInternational Higher Education Teaching and Learning Conference 2013, Parkcity Everly Hotel, Miri, Sarawak, December 9-10th 2013
Research Grants and Consultancy Projects
- Performance of green composite material incorporating of cockle-shells and polypropylene fiber, Curtin Sarawak (Curtin Sarawak Research Fund), Principal Investigator, RM10,000 (Completed, 2016)
- Matrix Density Influence on Dispersion Behaviour of Oil Palm Filler Reinforced Epoxy Green Nanocomposite, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme of the Ministry of Education (FRGS), Co-Investigator, RM103,200 (On-going)