Timothy Ting Zhi Hong
Dr. Timothy Ting Zhi Hong
Ph.D., B.Eng (Hons.)
Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
Telephone: +60 85 630 100 Ext: 2481
Location: Skylark 3 Room 415
Scopus Profile: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=57205351676
ORCID Profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2300-6574
- Sustainable construction material
- Structural engineering
- Numerical modelling
Dr. Timothy Ting Zhi Hong joined Curtin Malaysia in 2020. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Doctor of Philosophy from Curtin University. His research focuses on concrete structure and numerical modelling.
- PhD in Civil Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia, 2016 – 2019
- BEng (First Class Honours) in Civil and Construction Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia, 2012 – 2015
- Associate Lecturer, Curtin University Malaysia, 2020 – present
- Research Assistant, Curtin University Malaysia, 2019
- Tutor/Laboratory Instructor, Curtin University Malaysia, 2016 – 2018
- Graduate Engineer, Board of Engineers Malaysia (Registration number: G1177840A)
- Graduate Member, Institution of Engineers Malaysia (Membership number: 108025 )
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- T.Z.H. Ting, M.E. Rahman, H.H. Lau and M.Z.Y. Ting. 2019. Recent development and perspective of lightweight aggregates based self-compacting concrete. Construction and Building Materials Volume 201 Pages 763-777. ISSN 0950-0618. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.12.128.
- Timothy Z.H. Ting, Muhammad E. Rahman, Hieng H. Lau, Matthew Z.Y. Ting and Vikram Pakrashi. 2019. Oil Palm Kernel Shell – A Potential Sustainable Construction Material. Reference Module in Materials Science and Materials Engineering. Elsevier. ISBN 9780128035818, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-803581-8.11541-3.
- Timothy Z.H. Ting, Matthew Z.Y. Ting, Muhammad E. Rahman and Vikram Pakrashi. 2019. Palm Oil Fuel Ash: Innovative Potential Applications as Sustainable Materials in Concrete. Reference Module in Materials Science and Materials Engineering. Elsevier. ISBN 9780128035818, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-803581-8.11317-7
- T.Z.H. Ting, M.E. Rahman and H.H. Lau. 2019. Lightweight Self-compacting Concrete Incorporating Oil Palm Shell. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 95 012096
- T.Z.H. Ting, M.E. Rahman and H.H. Lau. 2019. Compressive Strength of OPS based Self-compacting Concrete Incorporated with Fly Ash under Elevated Temperature. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 95 012086
- Lau, H.H. and Ting, T. and Quach, W. and Tie, D. and Fairuz, S. and Ahmadi, A. 2016. A Study on Performances of Screw Connection for Cold-Formed Steel Structures, 8th International Conference on Steel and Aluminium Structures (ICSAS): UNIV HONG KONG, DEPT CIVIL ENGINEERING.