Moola Mohan Reddy
Associate Prof. Dr. Mohan Reddy. M.
Ph.D (Curtin University), MTech (I.I.T. Kharagpur), CEng (India), FHEA (UK)
Head of Department | Department of Mechanical Engineering | Faculty of Engineering and Science
Contact Details Telephone: +60 85 63 0100 Extn: 2473 | Location: Skylark (SK3)-317 | Email: email@example.com
Research Interests: Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering Science, Curtin University Malaysia (12/2015 – Till date)
- Senior Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, School of Engineering and Science, Curtin University Malaysia (2011 –2015)
- Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, School of Engineering and Science, Curtin University Malaysia (2004 – 2010)
- Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, Jimma University, Jimma, Ethiopia (2002 – 2004)
- Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, SRM University, Chennai, India (1999 – 2002)
- Chartered Engineer (India)
- Member, Engineers Australia
- Member, Institution of Engineers (India)
- Graduate Engineer, Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM)
- Fellow, Advance HE (UK)
- MM Reddy, Sim Lih Shenq, Prabhu Sethuramalingam, 2022, “Fuzzy logic expert system-based machinability analysis in end milling of aluminium nitride ceramic” International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials, Vol 24, issue 1-2, 92-109, Inderscience.
- Suen Ji Wei, Naveen Kumar Elumalai, Sujan Debnath, Lim Chye, Moola Mohan Reddy, Nabisab Mujawar Mubarak, Alokesh Pramanik 2022, “Effect of Concentration of Electrolyte Solution on the Electrochemical Stability of Ionogel” Materials Science Forum, Vol 1064, 65-70, Trans Tech Publications.
- CY Sim, MM Reddy, P Sethuramalingam, 2022, “Fuzzy logic expert system based machinability simulation analysis on nickel based alloy steel” International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing 1063-1077, Springer.
- GWA Kui, S Islam, MM Reddy, N Khandoker, VLC Chen, 2021 “Recent progress and evolution of coolant usages in conventional machining methods: a comprehensive review”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing 1-38, Springer
- UMR Paturi, NS Reddy, S Cheruku, SKR Narala, KK Cho, MM Reddy, 2021“ Estimation of coating thickness in electrostatic spray deposition by machine learning and response surface methodology” Surface and Coatings Technology 422, Elsevier
- MM Reddy, LCS William, 2020 “Finite element analysis : Predicting cutting force in turning of Inconel 625 using ceramic tools”, Materials Science and Engineering 943 (1), 012019
- AWT An, S Debnath, VLC Chen, MM Reddy, A Pramanik, 2020 “Degradation Behaviour of Nanosilica Enhanced Oil Palm Empty Fruit Bunch Fiber Epoxy Composites” Solid State Phenomena 305, 28-35
- MM Reddy, S. R. Kostka, NS Reddy, 2020 “dentifying Optimal Cutting Parameters in Drilling of Titanium Aluminum Vanadium Using Finite Element Analysis”, Journal of Surface Engineered Materials and Advanced Technology 10, 55-62
- MM Reddy, NS Reddy, JN Evan, 2020 “Experimental Evaluation in Dry Machining of Inconel 718 Using Coated Carbides”, Journal of Engineering Research and Reports, 1-11
- MM Reddy, WS Sng, 2019 “Temperature and Cutting Force Analysis in Turning of Steel AISI 4140 using Advanced Ceramics tools”, Materials Science and Engineering 495 (1), 012090
- YS Dambatta, M Sayuti, AAD Sarhan, M Hamdi, SM Manladan, MM Reddy, 2019 “Tribological performance of SiO2-based nanofluids in minimum quantity lubrication grinding of Si3N4 ceramic”, Journal of Manufacturing Processes 41, 135-147
- B Sarkar, MM Reddy, S Debnath, 2019 “Experimental investigation of the influence of cutting parameters on surface roughness in machining Inconel 718”, Automatic Control, Mechatronics and Industrial Engineering, 239-244.
- MM Reddy, VYC Nie, 2019 “Evaluation of Surface Roughness and Tool Wear in High Speed Machining of Inconel 718”, Materials Science Forum 943, 66-71
- S Debnath, MM Reddy, A Pramanik, 2019 “Dry and Near-Dry Machining Techniques for Green Manufacturing”, Innovations in Manufacturing for Sustainability, 1-27
- CH Hoe, Reddy M M, Lee V C C and Debnath S, 2018 “Chatter behavior in the Milling Process of Inconel 718: Effects of Tool Edge Radius”, MATEC Web of Conferences, 202, 02006
- Chien S E M, Reddy M M, Lee V C C and Debnath S, 2017. “The Study of Coated Carbide Ball End Milling Tools on Inconel 718 Using Numerical Simulation Analysis to Attain Cutting Force and Temperature Predictive Models at the Cutting Zone”, Materials Science Forum, 882, pp 28-35
- Sujan, D., Reddy, M.M. and Qua S.Y. (2016) “Influence of cutting fluid conditions and cutting parameters on surface roughness and tool wear in turning process using Taguchi method”, Measurement, Vol 78, pp 111-119
- Reddy, M.M., Joshua, C.X.H. (2016) “Performance of Silicon carbide whisker reinforced ceramic inserts on Inconel 718 in end milling process”, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 121, 012005
- Reddy, M.M., Sujan, D. and Lee L.C. (2015) “Modeling of Temperature Distribution when Machining Inconel 718 in Turning process”, Power Electronics and Energy Engineering, pp 207-210
- Reddy, M.M., Alexander, G., Abou El, H.K.A. and Sujan, D. (2014) “Machinability of Aluminum Nitride Ceramic using TiAlN and TiN Coated Carbide Tool Insert”, Materials Science Forum, 773-774: 445-455
- Sujan, D, Pang, X.B., Rahman, M.E., and Reddy, M.M. (2014) “Performance of Solder Bond on Thermal Mismatch Stresses in Electronic Packaging Assembly”, Materials Science Forum, 773-774: 242-249
- Alexander, G. and Reddy, M.M. (2014) “Advanced Ceramics: Some Challenges and Solutions in Machining by Conventional Methods”, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 624: 42-47
- Ng Samuel, D., Sujan, D., Rahman, M.E., Nabinejad, O., and Reddy, M.M. (2014). “Oil Palm Fibre and Nano-Silica Reinforced Epoxy Composite Material”, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 980: 23-27
- Sujan, D., Reddy, M.M. and Qua S.Y. (2014) “Environmental friendly cutting fluids and cooling techniques in machining: a review” Journal of Cleaner Production, 83:33-47
- Nabinejad, O., Sujan, D., Rahman, M.E., Reddy, M.M., Liew, W.Y.H., Davies, IJ. (2014) “The effect of alkali treatment of OPKS filler on mechanical property of polyester-composite”, Advanced Materials Research, 980, 86-90
- Reddy, M.M., Alexander, G., Abou El, H.K.A. and Sujan, D. (2013) “Surface Roughness Model when Machining Aluminum Nitride Ceramic with Two Flute Square end Micro Grain Solid Carbide end Mill”, Advanced Materials Research, 747 :282-286
- Reddy, M.M., Alexander, G., and Abou El, H.K.A. (2012) “Optimization of various cutting parameters on the surface roughness of the machinable glass ceramic with two flute square end mills of micro grain solid carbide”, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, 13(9), 1549-1554
- Reddy, M.M., Alexander, G., Abou El H.K.A., Sujan, D., Ali, M.Y. and Malique, M.A. (2012) “Tool wear analysis in end milling of advanced ceramics with TiAlN and TiN coated carbide insert”, Advanced Materials Research, 576:76-79
- Sujan, D., Yeo, C.W., Rahman, M.E., Reddy, M.M., Maleque, M.A. and Ali, M.Y. (2012) “Aluminum-Silicon Carbide Composites for Enhanced Physio-Mechanical Properties” Advanced Materials Research, 576:370-373
- Reddy, M.M., Alexander, G. and Abou El, H.K.A. (2011) “Influence of cutting parameters on Machinable Glass ceramic processed by end milling”, Advanced Materials Research, 264-265:825-830
- Reddy, M.M., Alexander, G. and Abou El, H.K.A. (2011) “Development of cutting force model for aluminum nitride ceramic processed by micro end milling”, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 87:223-229
- Reddy, M.M., Alexander, G. and Abou El, H.K.A. (2011) “Surface roughness prediction in end milling of machinable glass ceramic and optimization by response surface methodology”, Advanced Materials Research, 189:1376-1381
- Reddy, M.M., Alexander, G. and Abou El, H.K.A. (2011) “Predictive surface roughness model for end milling of machinable glass ceramic”, IOP Science conference: Materials Science and Engineering, 17, 012002
- Reddy, M.M., Alexander, G. and Abou El, H.K.A. (2011) “Surface roughness prediction in the end milling parameters of aluminum nitride ceramic by response surface methodology”, Advanced Materials Research, 154-155:626-633
Research Grants/Consultancy Projects
- FRGS Grant (2019-2021): Project Leader
Project Title: “Impact of palm oil based minimum quantity of lubrication on machinability of Ti and its alloy (Ti-6Al-4V)s” (completed).
- FRGS Grant (2014-2017): Project Leader
Project Title: “Enhancing machining of Nickel superalloys using advanced tools in end milling operations” (compleated).
- MOSTI (e – science fund) Grant (2007 – 2010): Project Leader
Project Title: “Micromachining of advanced Ceramics by Conventional and Non-Conventional Methods” (completed).
- CSCR Grant (2010-2012): Co- Investigator
Project Title: “Innovation design and fabrication of car gear rotor by using Al2TiO5–Based functional graded materials” (completed).
- CSRF Grant (2006 – 2007): Co- Investigator
Project Title: “Predictive Modeling of Surface roughness when End Milling of mould Steels using Carbide cutting inserts” (completed).
- CSRF Grant (2006 – 2007): Co- Investigator
Project Title: “Modeling and analysis of a thermal storage Air conditioning system: The energy cost saving effect in Malaysia” (completed).