Evelyn Chiong Tung
Dr. Evelyn Chiong Tung
Foundation in Engineering and Science (Physics)
Telephone: +60 85 630100 Extn: 2451
Location: Skylark 3 (SK3).L3.435
- PhD. in Chemical Engineering , Curtin University Malaysia
- B.Eng in Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Water treatment, separation and reaction
- Chiong, T., S. Y. Lau, Z. H. Lek, B. Y. Koh, and M. K. Danquah. 2016. “Enzymatic
Treatment of Methyl Orange Dye in Synthetic Wastewater by Plant-Based Peroxidase Enzymes.”
Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 4 (2): 2500-2509.
- Chiong, T., S. Y. Lau, X. H. Zeng, and M. K. Danquah. 2019. “Synthesis of peroxidaseencapsulated
sodium cellulose sulphate/poly-dimethyl-diallyl-ammonium chloride biopolymer via
polyelectrolyte complexation for enhanced removal of phenol.” Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical
- Chiong, T., C. Acquah, S. Y. Lau, E. H. Khor, and M. K. Danquah. 2016. “Chapter 12:
Microalgal-Based Protein By-Products: Extraction, Purification, and Applications.” Protein
Byproducts: Transformation from Environmental Burden into Value-Added Products. Elsevier
Science and Technology. Pages 213-234.
- Chiong, T., S.Y. Lau, E.H. Khor, and M.K. Danquah. Peroxidase extraction from JP skin
peels for phenol removal. 5th International Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering
(ICCBPE 2015), Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, 9-12 December, 2015.
- Chiong, T., E.H. Khor, M.K. Danquah, and S.Y. Lau. Comparison of Two Agricultural Wastes
for Phenol Removal via Peroxidase-Catalyzed Enzymatic Approach. 5th International Conference on
Chemical and Process Engineering (ICCPE 2016), Jeju, Korea, 23-25 May 2016. MATEC Web of
Conferences 69, 01002 (2016).