Lim Chye Ing
Ir. Lim Chye Ing
PhD, MSc, BEng, PEng, MIEM, PMP
Senior Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Science, Curtin University, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 85 630100 ext.: 2450,
Location: Skylark 3 (SK3) Room 315
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=FDPq2JEAAAAJ&hl=en
ORCID Profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9870-7757
Sustainability, Cleaner Production, Eco-design, Life Cycle Assessment, Energy Efficiency, Engineering Management
Ir. Dr. Lim Chye Ing is a Professional Engineer in Mechanical discipline with more than 10-year-working experience in power and O&G industry. She is familiar with operation, maintenance, project management, quality, technical training, occupational safety, health and environment practices of the industry. She is currently the Chair for Industrial and External Relations Committee, Faculty of Engineering and Science.
She graduated with a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons.) from Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia under full scholarship from the national utility company, Tenaga Nasional Berhad, and an MSc in Engineering Design from Loughborough University, United Kingdom, where she was awarded the Merit Prize by Wolfson School of Mechanical Engineering. She completed her Doctor of Philosophy – Engineering with Curtin University, Australia under the Curtin Offshore Partners Research Scholarship.
• Senior Lecturer, Curtin University Malaysia (January, 2014 – current)
• Lecturer, Curtin University Malaysia (December, 2009 to December, 2013)
• Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, Tuanku Ja’afar Power Station, Tenaga Nasional Berhad (November 2001 to July 2008)
• Project Manager, Petronas LNG Train 9 Project, Colour Case Sdn Bhd (July 2014 – Jun 2017)
Awards and Appointments
- School Merit Prize, Wolfson School of Mechanical Engineering (2009)
- Appointments: Chair – Industrial and External Relations Committee, Faculty of Engineering and Science, Curtin University (2011- 2014; 2017 – current)
- Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate (Mechanical), Board of Engineer Malaysia
- Corporate Member, Institution of Engineers, Malaysia
- Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute (USA)
- Honorary Secretary, Institution of Engineers Malaysia, Miri Branch, Session 2017-2018
- Vice Chairman II, Institution of Engineers Malaysia, Miri Branch, Session 2018-2019
- Honorary Treasurer, Institution of Engineers Malaysia, Miri Branch, Session 2019-2020
- Reviewer, Journal of Cleaner Production
Engineering Design Methodology
Design for Manufacturing
Engineering Foundation: Design and Processes
Engineering Sustainable Development
Law for Engineers
- 2001 – 2002, Engineering Trainee, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
- 2002 – 2004, Safety and Training Engineer, Tuanku Ja’afar Power Station, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
- 2004 – 2008, Gas Turbine Maintenance Engineer, Tuanku Ja’afar Power Station, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
- 2010 – present, Lecturer, Curtin University Sarawak Malaysia
1. Lim, Chye Ing, and K. Biswas Wahidul. 2017. Palm Oil Sustainability Assessment (POSA) Framework. edited by Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia. Malaysia. PI 2017704083 (Filled)
1. Woldemichael, D.; Hoe, K.C.; Woldeyohannes, A.; Lim, C.I. Design support system for parabolic trough solar collector. Journal of applied sciences 2012, 12, 2474.
2. Woldeyohannes, A.D.; Woldemichael, D.E.; Ing, L.C.; Ru, E.Z. Transportation algorithm for optimizing renewable energy resources utilization at rural areas. Applied Mechanics and Materials 2014, 699, 853-857.
3. Lim, C. I., Biswas, W., & Samyudia, Y. (2015). Review of Existing Sustainability Assessment Methods for Malaysian Palm Oil Production. Procedia CIRP, 26, 13-18. doi:10.1016/j.procir.2014.08.020
4. Lim, C. I., & Biswas, W. (2015). An Evaluation of Holistic Sustainability Assessment Framework for Palm Oil Production in Malaysia. Sustainability, 7(12), 16561-16587. doi:10.3390/su71215833
5. Lim, C. I., & Biswas, W. K. (2017). Development of triple bottom line indicators for sustainability assessment framework of Malaysian palm oil industry. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 1-22. doi:10.1007/s10098-017-1453-7
6. Lim, C.I., & Biswas W.K. (2018). Sustainability assessment for crude palm oil production in Malaysia using the palm oil sustainability assessment framework. Sustainable Development, 1–17. doi.org/10.1002/sd.1872
7. Lim, C. I., & Biswas, W. (2019). Sustainability Implications of the Incorporation of a Biogas Trapping System into a Conventional Crude Palm Oil Supply Chain. Sustainability, 11(3), 792; doi: 10.3390/su11030792
- Woldemichael, D.E, Hoe, K. C., Woldeyohannes, A.D, and Lim, C. I., Design Support System for Parabolic Trough Solar Collector, International Conference on Plant Equipment and Reliability (ICPER2012), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Abraham D.W., Dereje E.W. and C. I. Lim, Fishbone Diagram Approach for Improving the Passing rate for Basic Engineering Subjects, In Enhancing Learning: Teaching & Learning Conference 2011, An international conference on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Sarawak Malaysia.
- C. T. Lee and C. I. Lim, Redesigning a Small Electrical and Electronic Appliance for Improved Sustainability , 3rd CUTSE International Conference 2011, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- S. W. Fam and C. I. Lim, Techno-economic Study of a Combined Heat and Power Unit (CHP) with Absorption Chiller for CSM Campus , 2nd CUTSE International Conference 2010, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Research Grants and Consultancy Projects
- MySabrix – App based brix reflectometer to measure Brix Index for Fruits and Vegetables in Sarawak, funded by Sarawak Multimedia Authority Research Grant 2018 (Co-investigator), RM150,000 (on-going)
- Microwave Kiln for Beads Production, Ministry of Education Public-Private Research Network Fund 2018 (Co-investigator), RM30,200 (on-going)
- Industry 4.0 Awareness Programme, Sarawak Multimedia Authority Grant 2018 (Organiser), RM20,600 (completed)