Lim Chye Ing
Ir. Lim Chye Ing
MSc. BEng (Hons), PEng, MIEM
Telephone: +60 85 443939 Extn: 2477
Fax: +60 85 443837
Location: Skylark 3 (SK3) Room 309
Ir. Lim Chye Ing worked as a Mechanical Engineer with the national utility company, Tenaga Nasional Berhad for 7 years before she joined Curtin University of Sarawak in December 2009. Her experience is related to the operation, maintenance, project management, quality, staff training, occupational safety, health and environment aspects of the power industry. Being a certified trainer in her previous jobs, Ir.. Lim Chye Ing has experience in teaching, coaching, facilitating technicians and undergraduates in both classroom and hands-on environments.
- 2001 – 2002, Engineering Trainee, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
- 2002 – 2004, Safety and Training Engineer, Tuanku Ja’afar Power Station, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
- 2004 – 2008, Gas Turbine Maintenance Engineer, Tuanku Ja’afar Power Station, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
- 2010 – present, Lecturer, Curtin University Sarawak Malaysia
- 2001 – Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons.), Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN), Malaysia
- 2009 – MSc Engineering Design, Loughborough University, United Kingdom
- 2009- School Merit Prize for Best MSc student, Wolfson School of Mechanical and Manufacturing, Loughborough University, UK.
- Sustainable Development in Manufacturing
- Renewable Energy
- Energy efficiency and plant optimisation
- Woldemichael, D.E, Hoe, K. C., Woldeyohannes, A.D, and Lim, C. I., Design Support System for Parabolic Trough Solar Collector, International Conference on Plant Equipment and Reliability (ICPER2012), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Abraham D.W., Dereje E.W. and C. I. Lim, Fishbone Diagram Approach for Improving the Passing rate for Basic Engineering Subjects, In Enhancing Learning: Teaching & Learning Conference 2011, An international conference on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Sarawak Malaysia.
- C. T. Lee and C. I. Lim, Redesigning a Small Electrical and Electronic Appliance for Improved Sustainability , 3rd CUTSE International Conference 2011, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- S. W. Fam and C. I. Lim, Techno-economic Study of a Combined Heat and Power Unit (CHP) with Absorption Chiller for CSM Campus , 2nd CUTSE International Conference 2010, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Woldemichael, D.E, Hoe, K. C., Woldeyohannes, A.D, and Lim, C. I., Design Support System for Parabolic Trough Solar Collector, selected for publication in ‘Journal of Applied Science’ under Science Alert
- Woldeyohannes, A. D, Woldemichael, D.E., Lim, C.I. and Eng, Z.R., Optimization of Renewable Energy Resources Utilization in Rural Areas, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, (Submitted in June 2012 and under review).
Research Resource Funding
- Title of Project: Numerical and Experimental Analysis of Parabolic Trough Collector for Steam Generation
Source of Funding: Curtin Sarawak Research Fund (CSRF) Project Duration: May 2011 – April 2012 Principal Investigator: Dr. Dereje Engida Woldemichael Co Investigators: Dr. Abraham Debebe Woldeyohannes & Lim Chye Ing
- Title of Project: Optimized Renewable Energy Resources Utilization Model for Rural areas in Sarawak
Source of Funding: Curtin Sarawak Research Fund (CSRF) Project Duration: June 2011 – May 2012 Principal Investigator: Dr. Abraham Debebe Woldeyohannes Co Investigator: Dr. Dereje Engida Woldemichael & Lim Chye Ing
- Professional Engineer, Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Corporate Member of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM)
- Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Member of Technology and Engineering Association (TEA) Northern Sarawak
- International Personnel Certification Association certified ISO9001:2000 Series Auditor/ Lead Auditor.
- NIOSH certified OHSAS18001 Occupation Safety & Health Management Systems Lead Auditor.