Ph.D. (Mechatronics Engineering), B.Eng. (Electronic and Communication Engineering, Hons)
Lecturer | Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Young Professionals Committee Chair | IEEE Region 10
Student to Young Professionals Transitions Committee Chair | IEEE MGA Student Activities Committee
Telephone: +60 85 630 100 Ext: 2444
Facsimile: +60 85 630254
Saaveethya completed her PhD in Mechatronics Engineering at Monash University in 2020 and B.Eng. Electronic and Communication Engineering at Curtin University in 2014. Her research interest includes, Machine Learning, Signal Processing, Computer Vision, Instrumentation and Biomechanics. Saaveethya is currently the IEEE Region 10 (Asia Pacific) Young Professionals Committee Chair for 2021-2022 and Student to Young Professionals Transitions Committee Chair at IEEE MGA Student Activities Committee for 2021. She is strongly interested and motivated in developing STEM skills of students at their early learning stages providing university and pre-university students with interactive learning and collaborative research. As such, her future perspective is to create better wellbeing for existing social needs especially in the field of healthcare technology.
Ph.D. in Mechatronics Engineering, Monash University 2020
B.Eng. (First Class Honours) in Electronic and Communication Engineering, Curtin University 2014
- Machine Learning
- Signal Processing
- Computer Vision
Member, Institute of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Awards & Grants
- Monash Vice-Chancellor’s International Inter-Campus PhD Mobility Grant 2018
- Monash University Malaysia Engineering & IT Women’s Leadership Award 2018
- IEEE Malaysia Section Women In Engineering Outstanding Volunteer Award 2016
- Monash University Malaysia Merit Scholarship 2015
- Keysight Best Electronic and Communication Graduate Award 2015, a joint award from Keysight Technologies and SIRIM Measurements Technology Sdn Bhd.
- Outstanding Technical Paper Award, 2013 IEEE Exhibition on Technology of New Era Technical Proceeding, Awarded for the project Autonomous Vacuum Cleaner.
- Member of the Vice-Chancellor’s (VC) list Curtin University.
- 2012 Pro Vice-Chancellors Scholarship holder towards the Bachelor of Engineering (Electronic and Communications Engineering) program at Curtin University Malaysia.
Sivakumar, S., Gopalai, A. A., Lim, K. H., Gouwanda, D., & Chauhan, S. (2021). Joint angle estimation with wavelet neural networks. Scientific reports, 11(1), 1-15.
Sivakumar, S., Gopalai, A. A., Lim, K. H., & Gouwanda, D. (2019). Artificial neural network based ankle joint angle estimation using instrumented foot insoles. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 54, 101614.
Sivakumar, S., Kun, Y. J., & Gopalai, A. A. (2021, March). High-Intensity Interval Training Exercise Recognition using Smartwatch. In 2020 IEEE-EMBS Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (IECBES) (pp. 206-211). IEEE.
Nee, J. L. C., Agape, A., & Sivakumar, S. (2021, March). Cloud-based Nocturnal Blood Pressure Monitoring System for Detecting Potential Hypertensive Individuals. In 2020 IEEE-EMBS Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (IECBES) (pp. 271-275). IEEE.
Sivakumar, S., Gopalai, A. A., Gouwanda, D., & Lim, K. H. (2018, December). Estimation Of Joint Angle From Ground Reaction Force In Human Gait. In 2018 IEEE-EMBS Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (IECBES) (pp. 623-628). IEEE.
Sivakumar, S., Gopalai, A. A., Gouwanda, D., & Hann, L. K. (2016, December). ANN for gait estimations: a review on current trends and future applications. In 2016 IEEE EMBS Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (IECBES) (pp. 311-316). IEEE.