Han Yi Chiew
Ph.D., B. Eng (Hons)
ACP Cloud Computing, ACP Cloud Security
Program Coordinator of Bachelor of Technology (Computer Systems and Networking)
Lecturer | Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Telephone: +60 85 630100 Ext: 2508
Facsimile: +60 85 630088
Dr. Han Yi Chiew completed his B.Eng. (Hons.) degree in electronic and communication engineering from Curtin University Australia in December 2015, and Ph.D. in electrical and computer engineering from Curtin University Malaysia in February 2020. The title of his Ph.D. thesis is “Gait Analysis using Inertial Measurement Units for Rehabilitation”. He joined Curtin University Malaysia in March 2020.
Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia
B. Eng (First Class Honours) in Electronic and Communication Engineering, Curtin University, Perth, Australia
- Signals and Systems (2022 – present)
- Data Communications and Network Management (2021 – present)
- Computer Communications (2021 – present)
- Embedded Systems Engineering (2020 – present)
- Wireless Data Networks (2020 – present)
- Electrical Plant (2020)
- Electrical Circuit (2020)
- Electrical System (2018 – 2019)
- Linear Algebra & Statistics (2017)
- Gait analysis using inertial sensors
- Trading bot using artificial intelligence
- Funder: SDEC Translational Research Grant 2021 (Principal Investigator)
Project title: Home Physiotherapy Monitoring using Inertial Measurement Units
- T.U. Siaw, Y. C. Han and K. I. Wong, “A Low-Cost Marker-Based Optical Motion Capture System to Validate Inertial Measurement Units,” in IEEE Sensors Letters, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 1-4, Feb. 2023.
- Y.C. Han and C. H. Lai, “Walking Distance Estimation Using a Shank-Mounted Inertial Measurement Unit and Vertical Distance Sensor,” in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 21, no. 15, pp. 17219-17226, 1 Aug.1, 2021.
- Y.C. Han, K. I. Wong and I. Murray, “Comparison of Machine Learning Methods for the Construction of a Standalone Gait Diagnosis Device,” in IET Signal Processing, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 3439-3448, Mar.3, 2020.
- Y.C. Han, K. I. Wong and I. Murray, “Accurate gait modelling based on waveform scaling before DFT,” in IET Signal Processing, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 533-540, Oct., 2020.
- Y.C. Han, K. I. Wong and I. Murray, “Gait Phase Detection for Normal and Abnormal Gaits Using IMU,” in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 3439-3448, May.1, 2019.
- Y.C. Han, K. I. Wong and I. Murray, “Automatic Synchronization of Markerless Video and Wearable Sensors for Walking Assessment,” in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 19, no. 17, pp. 7583-7590, Sept.1, 2019.
- Y.C. Han, K. I. Wong and I. Murray, “Stride Length Estimation Based on a Single Shank’s Gyroscope,” in IEEE Sensors Letters, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 1-4, Oct., 2019.
- Y.C. Han, K. I. Wong and I. Murray, “2-Point Error Estimation Algorithm for 3-D Thigh and Shank Angles Estimation Using IMU,” in IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 18, no. 20, pp. 8525-8531, Oct.15, 2018.
- Y. K. Tee and Y. C. Han, “Lidar-Based 2D SLAM for Mobile Robot in an Indoor Environment: A Review,” 2021 International Conference on Green Energy, Computing and Sustainable Technology (GECOST), 2021, pp. 1-7, doi: 10.1109/GECOST52368.2021.9538731.