Ir. Meheron Selowara Joo
Ir. Meheron Selowara Joo
BEng (Hons), M.Sc., P. Eng., MIEM, CPEng. MIEAust.
Lecturer (Civil & Construction Engineering)
Program Coordinator (Construction Management)
Telephone: +60 85 443939 extn: 2433
Fax: +60 85 443837
Location: Skylark 3 (SK3) Room 422
Meheron joined Curtin Sarawak in 2015 as Lecturer at the Department of Civil and Construction Engineering. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from University of Malaya and Master of Engineering degree from University Putra Malaysia. He is a registered Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate, Chartered Professional Engineer with Engineers Australia, member of Road Engineering Association Malaysia (REAM), Asia & Australasia (REAAA) and a Professional Member of Malaysian Green Building Confederation. He is also a certified trainer by the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB Malaysia). Prior to joining academics, he has gained extensive industrial experience as project engineer, design engineer and project manager in various fields of civil engineering.
IGC, Occupational Safety & Health, NEBOSH UK, 2011
M. Sc. (Eng.) Highway and Transportation, UPM, 2009
B. Eng. (Hons) in Civil Engineering, University Malaya, 2002
- 2015- Present Lecturer
Department of Civil and Construction Engineering, Curtin University Sarawak Campus
- 2014-2015 Lecturer
Department of Civil Engineering, SEGi University, Kota Damansara Campus
- 2014-2015 Part Time Lecturer
Department of Civil Engineering, Monash University, Sunway Campus, Malaysia
- 2011- 2013 Manager – Training and Academics
VTD Learnings Sdn. Bhd., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 2011- 2014 Part Time Lecturer
Department of Civil Engineering, University Putra Malaysia.
Professional Contributions to Educational Development
Development and updating of syllabus for Traffic and Transportation Engineering to suit to revised design standards and current industrial needs, SEGi University 2014
Highway and Transportation Engineering
- Geometric Design
- Engineering Education
- Sustainable Development
Member of Curtin Highway and Infrastructure Research Innovation Hub (CHIRI) – a Research and consultancy cluster of Faculty of Engineering and Science, Curtin University Malaysia.
Previous Industry Appointment
- Project Manager
Oct 2010 – Oct 2012
Alpine Engineering Sdn. Bhd., Kuala Lumpur.
- Civil Design Engineer and Resident Engineer
April 2007 – Oct 2010
Snowy Mountains Engineering Cooperation (SMEC), Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
- Project Engineer
Jan 2003 – April 2007
Road Builder Holdings Berhad, Kuala Lumpur.
Professional Development Activities
- EAC Panel of Evaluators for Civil Engineering Degree Programs – Board of Engineers Malaysia
- ETAC Panel of Evaluators for Civil Engineering Diploma Programs – Board of Engineers Malaysia
- Honorary Secretary, The Institution of Engineers Malaysia Miri Branch, 2018-2020
- Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM) – Technical Committee Member in Highway & Transportation Technical Division (Term 2014/15)
- Malaysian Green Building Confederation (MGBC) – Committee Member of Education Division (Term 2013/14)
- Certified Trainer – Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) Malaysia
- OSHAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management System by NIOSH, 2012
- Managing a Safe and Healthy Workplace at Construction Sites – OSHA 1994 & FMA 1967
- Green Building Assessment GreenRE Malaysia Tool, REHDA-UTM, March 2014
- Facilitator for CIDB Malaysia – ICTAD Sri Lanka Train the Trainer certification program (2013)
- Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate (PEPC) Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Corporate Member, Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM)
- Professional Member, Malaysian Green Building Confederation (MGBC)
- Member, Road Engineering Association of Asia and Australasia (MREAAA)
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) Australia
- Member of Institution of Engineers Australia (MIEAust)
- International Professional Engineer (IntPE)
- Member of APEC Engineer Register