Program Objectives and Program Outcomes
- Work productively as Electronic or Communication Engineers, including supportive and leadership roles on multidisciplinary teams.
- Communicate effectively, recognize and incorporate societal needs and constraints in their professional endeavours, and practice their profession with high regard to legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Engage in life-long learning, such as graduate study, to remain current in their profession and be leaders in our technological society.
Graduates shall able to
- Apply the theory of mathematics, science and telecommunications engineering fundamentals for solving the complex engineering problems.
- Identify, define and formulate a complex telecommunication engineering problems using the principles of mathematics, science and telecommunications engineering.
- Apply creative thinking to solve the complex telecommunication engineering problems; verify and implement the solution with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, environmental considerations.
- Investigate complex telecommunication engineering problems to acquire conclusions by design of experiments, analysis of data, and synthesis of information using research-based knowledge and methods
- Select and apply appropriate modern telecommunication engineering tools, including prediction and modelling, to design, analyse and verify the telecommunication systems and their components.
- Apply international standards, practices and conventions appropriate to telecommunications engineering;
- Understand the impact of telecommunication engineering towards the social and environment and develop sustainable solutions to telecommunication engineering problems.
- Commit to and behave in accordance with the professional and ethical responsibilities of engineers.
- Document telecommunications information to meet technical and legal requirements; communicate concepts and technical information to lay and professional personnel in written, oral and electronic forms.
- Function effectively within a typical multidisciplinary and multi-cultural engineering design team as a team member, manager or team leader, recognising individual human rights.
- Recognise that the telecommunications industry changes rapidly, and maintain currency via a spirit of inquiry and relevant further study.
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, in managing multidisciplinary environments.
The PO performance indicators can be seen here .