Dr. Tan Yee Yong
Dr. Tan Yee Yong
Ph.D., B. Eng (Hons.), MIWA
Telephone: +60 85 443939 Ext: 2461
Location: Skylark 3 Room 334
Dr. Tan Yee Yong joined Curtin Malaysia in 2017. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Doctorate of Philosophy from Curtin University. His research focuses on the area of mathematical modelling and optimisation of wastewater and faecal sludge treatment.
- PhD Civil and Construction Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia, 2017
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Civil and Construction Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia, 2013
- Aerial Emission and Abatement
- Water Quality and Resource Engineering
- Water System and Structure
- Environmental Hydraulics and Hydrology
3 UG (Completed), 3 UG (Ongoing)
- Vertical flow constructed wetland
- Faecal sludge management
- Reactive transport modelling
- Wastewater treatment process modelling
- Nitrogen dynamics in wastewater and sludge treatment
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Carrie Lee Ing Ho. 2019. “Constructed Wetlands: Sustainable Solution to Managing Domestic Wastewater in the Rural Areas of Sarawak.” In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 495, no. 1, p. 012063. IOP Publishing.
- Bui, Jason Jie Xiang, Fu Ee Tang, Yee Yong Tan, Kwong Soon Wong, Agus Saptoro. 2019. “Dewatering and Mineralization of Sludge in Vertical Flow Constructed Wetlands: A Review.” In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 495, no. 1, p. 012069. IOP Publishing.
- Bui, Jason Jie Xiang, Yee Yong Tan, Fu Ee Tang, Carrie Lee Ing Ho. 2018. “A Tracer Study in a Vertical Flow Constructed Wetland Treating Septage.” World Journal of Engineering Vol. 15 Issue: 3, pp.345-353, https://doi.org/10.1108/WJE-09-2017-0306
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Carrie Lee Ing Ho, Valerie Siaw Wee Jong. 2017. “Dewatering and Treatment of Septage Using Vertical Flow Constructed Wetlands”. Technologies 5,70. doi:10.3390/technologies5040070
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Agus Saptoro, Ee Huey Khor. 2017. The Interaction between Outflow Dynamics and Removal of NH4+-N in a Vertical Flow Constructed Wetlands Treating Septage. In: Civil, Architecture and Environment Engineering, Volume 2 (Eds: Jimmy C.M. Kao and Wen-Pei Sung), CRC Press/Balkema, pp. 1141-1146.
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Agus Saptoro, Ee Huey Khor. 2015. “Septage Treatment Using Vertical-Flow Engineered Wetalnd: A Critical Review.” Chemical Engineering Transaction 45: 1531-1536. Doi: 10.3303/CET1545256
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Valerie Siaw Wee Jong. 2014. “A Conceptual Model for Simulating the Variably-saturated Flow of a Vertical Flow Engineered Wetland-based Septage Treatment System.” In 14th International Conference Wetland Systems for Water Pollution Control, 12 -14 Oct, Shanghai, People Republic of China.
Research Grants and Consultancy Project
- A study on municipal solid waste management in Northern Sarawak, Eco-Ideal Consulting Sdn Bhd, Consultant/ Team Leader, RM50,000, Feb 2018 – Feb 2019, Completed
- Development of Sarawak e-Agrifinance in transforming the agricultural sector, Sarawak Multimedia Authority, Co-investigator, RM300,000, on-going