Dr. Sivaraman Eswaran
Dr. Sivaraman Eswaran
PhD, ME, MCA, BSc, SMIEEE, MACM
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Location: Skylark 3 Room 309
Tel: +60 85 630 100 Ext: 2477
Fax: +60 85 630 254
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=rdVnrRoAAAAJ
Dr. Sivaraman Eswaran received Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Bharathiar University, India, in 2019. He is currently working as Senior Lecturer with the Electrical and Computer Engineering department, Curtin University, Malaysia. He is a CompTIA Security+ certified professional and EC-Council Certified Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator. He is also a Microsoft Certified Professional and EMC Academic Associate. He is a Senior member of IEEE and a member of ACM. His research interests include cyber security and cloud computing. He has published several research papers in refereed journals and conferences.
- Senior Lecturer, Curtin University, Malaysia Dates (July, 2022 to Present)
- Associate Professor, PES University, Dates (August, 2018 to June, 2022)
- Technical Instructor, IBM Career Education, Dates (June, 2017 to July, 2018)
- Assistant Professor, Dr.N.G.P. Institute of Technology, Dates (June, 2011 to May 2017)
- Elevated to Senior Member Grade of IEEE in 2021.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) for Assistant Professor, Computer Science and Application, July 2018 conducted by University Grants Commission.
- Qualified Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test (TN SET) for Assistant Professor, Computer Science and Application, April 2017 conducted by Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Certified Professional CE “Security+” by CompTIA on 30th July 2020 (Code: 22D27EME8CB1QW9Y).
- Certified as “Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator v9.0” by EC-Council on 13th June 2020 (Certificate Number: ECC0267543189).
- Certified as “EMC Academic Associate – Cloud Infrastructure and Services” by EMC2 Corporation on 8th February 2014 (Verification Code: HR12QV3YNNBQQD0T).
- Cloud computing
- Big data
- Network Security
- Information Security
- Applied Cryptography
- Computer Networks
- Computer Network Design
Research Funding & Research Projects
- “Similarity Mapping of Substantial Metadata for Sustainable Cyber Crime Investigation”, PES University, Principal Investigator, INR 15.89 Lakhs, June 2022
- Eswaran, S., Srinivasan, A., & Honnavalli, P. (2021). A threshold-based, real-time analysis in early detection of endpoint anomalies using SIEM expertise. Network Security, 2021(4), 7–16. https://doi.org/10.1016/s1353-4858(21)00039-8.
- Eswaran, S., Rani, V., D., D., Ramakrishnan, J., & Selvakumar, S. (2021). An enhanced network intrusion detection system for malicious crawler detection and security event correlations in ubiquitous banking infrastructure. International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications, 18(1), 59–78. https://doi.org/10.1108/ijpcc-04-2021-0102.
- Daniel D., Preethi N., Jakka, A., & Eswaran, S. (2021). Collaborative Intrusion Detection System in Cognitive Smart City Network (CSC-Net). International Journal of Knowledge and Systems Science, 12(1), pp.60–73, https://doi.org/10.4018/ijkss.2021010105.
- Eswaran, S., Dominic, D., Natarajan, J., & Honnavalli, P. B. (2020). Augmented intelligent water drops optimisation model for virtual machine placement in cloud environment. IET Networks, 9(5), pp.215–222, https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-net.2019.0165.
- Sivaraman, E., & Manickachezian, R. (2019). Efficient multimedia content storage and allocation in multidimensional cloud computing resources. International Journal of Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications, 18(1/2), pp.20-33, https://doi.org/10.1504/ijista.2019.097745.
- Sivaraman, E., & Manickachezian, R. (2019). Intelligent decision-making service framework based on analytic hierarchy process in cloud environment. International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations, 21(2), pp.221-236, https://doi.org/10.1504/ijnvo.2019.101787.
- Eswaran, S., & Rajakannu, M. (2017). Multiservice Load Balancing with Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimization in Cloud-Based Multimedia Storage System with QoS Provision. Mobile Networks and Applications, 22(4), pp.760–770, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11036-017-0840-y (Impact Factor: 3.077).
- Mani, R. G., Parthasarathy, R., Eswaran, S., & Honnavalli, P. (2022). A Survey on Digital Image Forensics: Metadata and Image forgeries. WAC-2022: Workshop on Applied Computing, India, pp.22–55, http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-3142/PAPER_03.pdf.
- Koushik, R. M., Perichiappan, A., Om, H., Banerji, A., Eswaran, S., & Honnavalli, P. (2021). Generation of True Random Numbers using Entropy Sources Present within Portable Computers. 2021 IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Computing and Communication Technologies (CONECCT), pp.1–6, https://doi.org/10.1109/conecct52877.2021.9622734.
- Magdum, A., Sivaraman, E., & Honnavalli, P. B. (2021). Contactless Transaction Using Wearable Ring with Biometric Fingerprint Security Feature. Computer Networks and Inventive Communication Technologies, pp.653–666. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-9647-6_51.
- Archana, H P, C., Khushi, Nandini, P., Sivaraman, & Honnavalli, P. (2021). Cloud-based Network Intrusion Detection System using Deep Learning. ArabWIC 2021: The 7th Annual International Conference on Arab Women in Computing in Conjunction with the 2nd Forum of Women in Research, Sharjah, UAE, No.5, pp.1–6, https://doi.org/10.1145/3485557.3485562.
- Khan, S., Sivaraman, E., & Honnavalli, P. B. (2020). Performance Evaluation of Advanced Machine Learning Algorithms for Network Intrusion Detection System. Proceedings of International Conference on IoT Inclusive Life (ICIIL 2019), NITTTR Chandigarh, India, pp.51–59. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-3020-3_6.
- Nisha, D., Sivaraman, E., & Honnavalli, P. B. (2019). Predicting and Preventing Malware in Machine Learning Model. 2019 10th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), pp.1–7, https://doi.org/10.1109/icccnt45670.2019.8944462.
- Sanjith, S., Sivaraman, E., & Honnavalli, P. B. (2019). Runtime Malware Detection using Hardware Features. 2019 10th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), pp.1–7, https://doi.org/10.1109/icccnt45670.2019.8944510.
- Sivaraman, E., & Manickachezian, R. (2014). High Performance and Fault Tolerant Distributed File System for Big Data Storage and Processing Using Hadoop. 2014 International Conference on Intelligent Computing Applications, pp.32–36, https://doi.org/10.1109/icica.2014.16.
- Sivaraman E. (2010). Dynamic cluster broadcasting for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. 2010 International Conference on Communication and Computational Intelligence (INCOCCI), pp. 123-127, https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/5738720.
- S.Balamurugan, Preethi N, Vathsala M K, Bhuvaneshwari Patil, Sarala S M, Vakula Rani J, Aishwarya Jakka, Sivaraman E, 2020, “Humanoid Robot System for Assisting Elder People”, App. No. 202041027734, Filed and published, Under examination.
- IEEE Senior Member (No. 96395190)
- ACM Professional Member (No. 6668830)
- Guest Editor: International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics (IGI-Global publisher), Special Issue on ‘Advanced Digital Forensic Techniques for Digital Traces’, 2021 (Vol. 13, No. 5).
- Reviewer: Journals: IEEE Systems Journal, Journal of Computer Security, Computing and Informatics