Foundation in Engineering and Science
Curtin University Malaysia offers foundation courses that prepare students for undergraduate study. They also challenge students to become active learners who can acquire, interpret, communicate and apply knowledge within and across disciplines to cultivate the integrated thinking required in a complex and rapidly changing world.
Curtin Foundation in Engineering and Science programme is awarded self-accreditation status under MQA/SA/006: Certificate of Programme accreditation.
Why Foundation Studies?
- Low student-lecturer ratio in classrooms
- Academic support in the form of additional Teaching & Learning workshops, tutorials and mentorship with lecturers
- Modern, diversified teaching methods: workshops, introduction to research methods, modern laboratory projects, group projects, oral and multimedia presentations
- Advanced technological support: library, well-equipped laboratories, ample supplies of learning materials and internet access
- Highly qualified and dedicated academic staff
Foundation studies include two semester courses in Foundation Engineering and Science. The courses are aimed at developing academic diligence, critical analysis, and a raft of generic skills in students. They provide a solid foundation for the students to adapt to university education more confidently, both in terms of level and style of education.
Applicants are required to meet the University’s minimum level of entry and must demonstrate competence in English by meeting the Curtin English Language requirement. Credit towards a Curtin qualification may be granted to applicants with qualifications from other accredited educational institutions. Click here for more details on admission requirements.