Dr. Ramasamy Nagarajan
Dr. Ramasamy Nagarajan
Dean, Research and Development
Director, Curtin Malaysia Research Institute
Tel: +60 85 630100 Ext:2550
Fax: +60 85 630 130
- REE & Isotope Geochemistry of Carbonates and Siliciclastic Rocks
- Diagenesis of Carbonates & Paleo-Climate.
- Provenance, Paleoweathring and Tectonic Setting.
- Environmental Geochemistry (Sediments/ Soil/ Water)
- Best Research Paper award (CUTSE International Conference – 2008 & 2011, Malaysia)
- Curtin University – Students Choice Award 2009
- Editorial Board member – Sustainable Water Resources Management (Springer)
- Member – American Association of Petroleum Geologist (AAPG)
- Member – European Association of Geologist and Engineer (EAGE)
- Life Member – Association of Geoscientists for International Development (AGID).
- Fellow – Society Earth Scientists (SES): Earth Science India
- Life Member – Indian Association of Sedimentologists (IAS).
- Full Member – Geological Society of Malaysia
- Visiting Professor: Anna University, Chennai, India
Journal Publications (Recent/Selected)
- Nagarajan, J. S. Armstrong-Altrin, F. L.Kessler, J. Jong (2017) Petrological and geochemical constraints on provenance, paleo-weathering and tectonic setting of clastic sediments from the Neogene Lambir and Sibuti Formations, NW Borneo (Chapter 7). In: Sediment Provenance: influences on compositional change from source to sink (Ed. Rajat Mazumder) Elsevier Amsterdam, Netherlands. Pp.123-153. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-803386-9.00007-1.
- Raza , A., Gholami, R., Sarmadivaleh, M., Tarom, N., Rezaee, R., Bing, C.H., Nagarajan, R., Hamid, M.A., Elochukwu, H., (2016) Integrity analysis of CO2 storage sites concerning geochemical-geomechanical interactions in saline aquifers. Journal of Natural Gas Science & Engineering, 36:224-240. Elsevier.
- Retama, M. P. Jonathan, P. D. Roy, P.F. Rodríguez-Espinosa, R. Nagarajan, S.K. Sarkar and S.S. Morales-García, N.P. Muñoz-Sevilla (2015) Metal concentrations in sediments from tourist beaches of Huatulco, Oaxaca, Mexico: An evaluation of post-Easter week vacation. Environmental Earth Sciences. 75(5): article No.375. DOI 10.1007/s12665-016-5281-6.
- Raza, A., R. Rezaee, R, C.H. Bing, R. Gholami, R. Nagarajan, and M.A. Hamid. (2016) A screening criterion for selection of suitable CO2 storage sites. Journal of Natural Gas Science & Engineering. 28:317-327. Elsevier.
- Dominique Dodge-Wan and R.Nagarajan (2016) Runnel development on granitic boulders on the foothills of Mount Kinabalu (Pinosuk Gravel Formation, Sabah, N Borneo). Journal of Mountain Science. 13 (1): 46-58. Springer.
- J.S.Armstrong-Altrin, R.Nagarajan, V.Balaram, O.Natalhy-Pineda (2015) Petrography and geochemistry of sands from the Chachalacas and Veracruz beach area, Western Gulf of Mexico, Mexico: Constraints on provenance and tectonic setting. South American Journal of Earth Sciences. 64 (1): 199-216. doi:10.1016/j.jsames.2015.10.012. Elsevier
- Nagarajan, J.S. Armstrong-Altrin, Franz L. Kessler, Elisa L. Hidalgo-Moral, Dominique Dodge-Wan, and Nur Iskandar Taib (2015b) Provenance and tectonic setting of Miocene siliciclastic sediments, Sibuti Formation, northwestern Borneo. Arabian Journal of Geosciences. 8(10), pp.8549-8565. DOI: 10.1007/s12517-015-1833-4. Springer.
- R Nagarajan, M.P Jonathan, Priyadarsi D Roy, G Muthusankar, C Lakshumanan, (2015a) Decadal evaluation of a spit in the Baram River mouth in Eastern Malaysia: Continental Shelf Research, 105(15): 18-25. Elsevier.
- Principal Investigator: Geochemistry and distribution of trace metals in river sediments. (2014-2017)
- Co- Principal Investigator: Mapping of Soil Erosion Risk in the Catchment Area of the Baram River using Landsat and GIS (2014-2017)
- Co-investigator Reservoir Characterisation for CO2 injectivity and flooding: Offshore Malaysia (2014-2017)
- Co-investigator: A study on the status of salt water intrusion along the Miri coast, East Malaysia using Geoelectrical, Remote sensing and GIS techniques (2015-2017)