Tiong Teck Chai
MSc, SMIEEE, MIET, CEng(UK), Eur Ing, IntPE(UK)
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Telephone: +60 85 443939 Extn: 2496
Fax: +60 85 443837
Tiong Teck Chai has passed The Engineering Council Part 2 Examination, UK in 1998 and received MSc in Electrical Engineering from USA in 2000. He joined Curtin Malaysia as a Lecturer in July 2005. Prior to joining Curtin Malaysia, he has extensive years of teaching experience with Monash University Malaysia.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, USA
- Wireless communications and signal processing
- S. S. Hadi and T. C. Tiong, “Adaptive Modulation and Coding for LTE Wireless Communication,” IOP Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 78, Apr. 2015.
- A. F. Nabilla and T. C. Tiong, “Adaptive Precoded MIMO for LTE Wireless Communication,” IOP Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 78, Apr. 2015.
- S. Tholhath and T. C. Tiong, “Performance Analysis for LTE Wireless Communication,” IOP Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 78, Apr. 2015.
- T. C. Tiong, “Multiuser MIMO Precoding and User Scheduling for Mobile Communications,” in IEEE 10th Asian Control Conference Sabah, Malaysia: IEEE, Jun. 1-3, 2015.
- T.C. Tiong, “Adaptive Transceivers for Mobile Communications,” in IEEE 2014 4th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence with Applications in Engineering and Technology, Sabah, Malaysia, Dec. 3-5, 2014.
- Y.K. Ting and T.C. Tiong, “WCDMA Network Planning and Optimisation,” in Proceedings IEEE 2008 6th National Conference on Telecommunication Technologies and IEEE 2008 2nd Malaysia Conference on Photonics, Putrajaya, Malaysia, Aug. 26-28, 2008, pages 317-322.
- International Professional Engineer, United Kingdom
- European Engineer, European Federation of National Engineering Associations (FEANI)
- Chartered Engineer, United Kingdom
- Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET) UK
- Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (SMIEEE) USA with societies :
- Antenna and Propagation, Communications, Power and Energy, Signal Processing
- The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM) Electronic Engineering Technical Division committee
- IEEE Technical Committee on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Editorial Board Member, Global Journal of Technology and Optimisation
- Reviewer for IEEE 4th International Symposium on Information Technology (ITSim ’10), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Reviewer for Global Conferences on Power, Control and Optimization