Terence Tan Peng Lian
Program Coordinator of Bachelor of Computing (Cyber Security)
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Telephone: +60 85 443939 Extn: 2493
Fax: +60 85 443837
Terence completed his MEng Computing at Imperial College London with the thesis title, “Genetic Algorithm Timetable Scheduler.” At City University London, he completed the MSc International Business Economics with the thesis “Low Cost Carrier Industry in Europe and ASEAN: A Comparative and Strategic Analysis.” His students have in the past achieved great success in Sarawak Open Source Competition (1st, 2nd in 2006; 1st, consolation in 2007) and SCOPE ICT Competition (2nd in 2007). In addition to teaching and research, Terence is passionate on the development of students as individuals. Terence is one of the organizer and facilitator for the John Curtin Leadership Academy which aims to instill Vision, Leadership and Community Service amongst the next generation of leaders.
- Master of Engineering in Computing, Imperial College London, 2004
- Master of Science in International Business Economics, City University London, 2005
- Curtin Excellence and Innovation in Teaching Award 2008
- Student Choice Award: School of Engineering category finalist 2006, 2007, 2008
- Genetic Algorithms Timetable Scheduling
- Research in Education
- Waseem Ahmed, Doug Meyer, Terence Tan, “Lessons for Requirements Engineering:Building on the Success of Discussion Groups in Open-Source Projects”, mySEC Conference 2006, Malaysia
- John Lau Kah Soon, Terence Tan, “Randomized Improved Correlation Matrix Memory In Ann-Based Semi-Autonomous Robotic System”, Proceedings of the 12th IASTED Artificial Intelligence Soft Computing 2008, Spain.
- IEEE Society member
- IEEE Computational Intelligence society member
- Curtin University of Technology Sarawak Engineering (CUTSE2007) Conference Secretary.