Wee Siaw Khur
Dr. Wee Siaw Khur
Head of Department
Telephone: +60 85 443939 Extn: 2513
Fax: +60 85 443837
Location: Skylark 3.L2.355
Dr. Wee Siaw Khur graduated with a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering from Curtin University of Technology in 2004. She joined the Oil & Gas inspection company as Inspection Analyst cum Planner in year 2005. After that, she pursued with her PhD studies at Curtin University under scholarship. She worked on the numerical and experimental study of hydrodynamics in a compartmented fluidized bed oil palm shell biomass gasifier. She obtained her PhD degree in 2012. She then employed as a lecturer under the Mechanical Engineering Department in Curtin Sarawak campus. In year 2015, she joined Universiti Malaysia Sabah as a senior lecturer. Currently, she is the senior lecturer in Petroleum Engineering Department at Curtin Sarawak.
- Senior Lecturer, Petroleum Engineering Department, Curtin University, Sarawak, Malaysia, 2016-present
- Senior Lecturer, Chemical Engineering programme, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia, 2015
- Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, Curtin University, Sarawak, Malaysia, 2011 – 2014
- Inspection analyst cum planner, Velosi Sdn. Bhd., Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 2005
- Industry internship as student engineer, Dayang Enterprise Sdn, Bhd., Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 2003
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Hydrodynamics of multiphase flow
- Gas-solid fluidized bed
- Gasification of Biomass
- Renewable energy applications
- Enhanced oil recovery (EOR)
- Reservoir Engineering
- C.C. Lee, C. H. Chai, M. C. Law, S.K. Wee, “Experimental Analysis of Impedance-Driven Reverse Flow Dynamics”, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 819, pp. 305-308, 2016.
- Lee V.C.C., Chai C.H., Law M.C. and Wee S.K. “On the analysis of impedance-driven reverse flow dynamics”, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, 2016.
- Chan H.B., Yong T. H., Kumar P., Wee S.K. and Dol S.S. “ The numerical investigation on the effects of aspect ratio and cross-sectional shape on the wake structure behind a cantilever”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 11, No. 16, pp. 9922-9932, August 2016.
- Lee V C C, Law M C and Wee S K. “Theory to Practice on Computer-Aided Engineering Tools”, Australasian Journal of Engineering Education, 20 (2): pp. 123-133, 2016.
- Nasir, M., Chong, K.W., Osman, S., & Wee, S.K. 2015. “Bad Actors Criticality Assessment for Pipeline System.” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 78: 012026.
- Law, M.C., Liang, G.V.Y., Lee, V.C.C., & Wee, S.K. 2015. “Temperature and voltage responses of a molten carbonate fuel cell in the presence of a hydrogen fuel leakage.” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 78: 012022.
- Wee, S.K., Gorin, A., & Chua, H.B. 2013. “Preliminary Hydrodynamics Modeling of Fluidized Beds of Single Component and Binary Particle System in Compartmented Gasifier.” Particulate Science & Technology, Vol. 31 (5): 515 – 523.
- Wee, S.K., Gorin, A., Chua, H.B. & Yan, H.M. 2011. “Hydrodynamic Modeling of Single Particle and Binary Component System in Compartmented Fluidized Bed Gasifier.” American J Appl. Sciences 7(6). (In press)
- Wee, S.K., Chok, V.S., Gorin, A., Chua, H.B. & Yan, H.M. 2009. “The Effect of Effective Diameter on Fluidization Quality in Compartmented Fluidized Bed Gasifier.” Pertanika Journal of Science & Technology 17 (2): 343-350.
- Wee, S.K., Chok, V.S., Srinivasakannan, C., Chua, H.B. & Yan, H.M. 2008. “Fluidization Quality Study in Compartmented Fluidized Bed Gasifier (CFBG).” Journal of Energy and Fuels 22: 61-66.
- Wee, S.K., Pok, Y. W., Law, M.C. and Lee, V.C.C. “The Study of Solid Circulation Rate in a Compartmented Fluidized Bed Gasifier (CFBG)”, IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 36, conference 1.
- Law, M.C., Vung, G.Y.L., Lee, V.C.C., & Wee, S.K. 2014. “Temperature and Voltage Responces of a Molten Carbonate Fuel Cell in the Presence of Hydrogen Fuel Leakage”, 9th CUTSE International Conference, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 3-4th
- Nasir, M., Kon, K.W., Osman, S., & Wee, S.K. 2014. “Bad Actors Criticality Assessment for Pipeline System”, 9th CUTSE International Conference, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 3-4th
- Chok, V. S., Wee, S.K., M. Z., Gorin, A. & Chua, H. B. 2009. “Effect of Particle and Bed Diameter on Characteristic Velocities in Compartmented Fluidized Bed Gasifier”, 2nd CUTSE International Conference: Progress in Science & Engineering for Sustainable Development, Miri, Malaysia.
- Wee, S.K., Gorin, A. Chua, H.B. & Yan, H.M. 2009. “Hydrodynamics Modeling of Single Component and Binary Mixture Compartmented Fluidized Bed Gasifier (CFBG).” CUTSE 2009, Malaysia, 24 – 26th November.
- Wee, S.K., Chang, H.W., Gorin, A. Chua, H.B. & Yan, H.M. 2008. “Computational Modeling of Compartmented Fluidized Bed Gasifier (CFBG).” ENCON 2008, Malaysia, December.
- Gorin, A., Chok, V. S., Wee, S.K., Chua, H. B. & Yan, H. M. 2008. “Hydrodynamics of binary mixture fluidization in a compartmented fluidized bed.” 18th International Congress of Chemical and Process Engineering: CHISA 2008, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Chok, V. S., Wee, S.K., Mohd Ariffin, M. Z., Gorin, A., Chua, H. B. & Yan, H. M. 2008. “Optimization of Solid Circulation Rate in Compartmented Fluidized Bed Gasifier for Power Generation.” International Conference on Power Control and Optimization: Innovation in Power Control for Optimal Industry. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1052, 301-304, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Chok, V.S., Wee, S.K., Gorin, A., Chua, H.B., & Yan, H.M. 2008. “Compartmented Fluidized Bed Gasifier For Syngas and Power Generation Using Biomass”, 7th High Temperature Air Combustion and Gasification Symposium: HiTACG 2008, Sustainable Bioenergy Development, Thailand, 13-16 January.
- Wee, S.K., Chok, V.S., Gorin, A. Chua, H.B. & Yan, H.M. 2008. “Experimental and Computational Study of Compartmented Fluidized Bed Gasifier (CFBG).” HiTACG 2008, Thailand, January.
- Chin, B.L.F, Gorin, A. & Wee, S. K., “Hydrodynamic Behavior in Palm Shells and Sand Mixtures Fluidization”, LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2015.
- Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS) 2014 – Development, numerical modelling and experimental verification of a microwave-heated and cavitation-induced distillation vessel to improve the cold flow properties of palm oil biodiesel (RM 122,000)
- Curtin Sarawak Teaching Innovation Project (CSTIP) 2014 – Advanced Lecture Series: Application of Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling and Simulation to Engineering Practice and Research (RM 2,000)
- Malaysia Palm Oil Board 2006 – Development of a Compartmented Fluidized-Bed Gasifier (CFBG) for Syngas Production and Power Generation from Biomass (Palm Wastes) (RM 298, 000)
- Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovative – IRPA Grant 2005 – Development of a Compartmented Fluidized-Bed Gasifier (CFBG) for Syngas Production and Power Generation from Biomass (Palm Wastes) (RM 570, 000)
- CFD Service Consultant, provide service to Platinum Energy Sdn. Bhd. Title: Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Simulation for Cavitation Reactor
- External Moderator for HEC3651 Transport Phenomena, Swinburne University of Technology, 2015
- Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)