Dr. Tan Yee Yong
Dr. Tan Yee Yong
Ph.D., B. Eng (Hons.)
Telephone: +60 85 443939 Ext: 2461
Location: Skylark 3 Room 334
Tan Yee Yong joined Curtin Malaysia in 2017. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Doctorate of Philosophy from Curtin University. His research focuses on the area of mathematical modelling and optimisation of wastewater and faecal sludge treatment.
- PhD Civil and Construction Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia, 2017
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Civil and Construction Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia, 2013
- Vertical flow constructed wetland
- Faecal sludge management
- Reactive transport modelling
- Wastewater treatment process modelling
- Nitrogen dynamics in wastewater and sludge treatment
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Carrie Lee Ing Ho, Valerie Siaw Wee Jong. 2017. “Dewatering and Treatment of Septage Using Vertical Flow Constructed Wetlands”. Technologies 5,70. doi:10.3390/technologies5040070
- Bui, Jason Jie Xiang, Yee Yong Tan, Fu Ee Tang, Carrie Lee Ing Ho. 2017. “A Tracer Study in a Vertical Flow Constructed Wetland Treating Septage.” World Journal of Engineering (accepted)
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Agus Saptoro, Ee Huey Khor. 2017. The Interaction between Outflow Dynamics and Removal of NH4+-N in a Vertical Flow Constructed Wetlands Treating Septage. In: Civil, Architecture and Environment Engineering, Volume 2 (Eds: Jimmy C.M. Kao and Wen-Pei Sung), CRC Press/Balkema, pp. 1141-1146.
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Agus Saptoro, Ee Huey Khor. 2015. “Septage Treatment Using Vertical-Flow Engineered Wetalnd: A Critical Review.” Chemical Engineering Transaction 45: 1531-1536. Doi: 10.3303/CET1545256
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Valerie Siaw Wee Jong. 2014. “A Conceptual Model for Simulating the Variably-saturated Flow of a Vertical Flow Engineered Wetland-based Septage Treatment System.” In 14th International Conference Wetland Systems for Water Pollution Control, 12 -14 Oct, Shanghai, People Republic of China.