Construction managers work across a broad range of interrelated disciplines on residential, commercial and infrastructure projects.
This degree is management-oriented and prepares you for a range of professional roles in the building and infrastructure construction industry. You will be taught by a dedicated team of professionals with qualifications and experience in construction-related disciplines.
You will study subjects relating to:
- construction technology
- quantity measurement and cost estimating
- project planning and management
- strategy and financial management
- contract administration
- building law
- cost planning
- cost management
- implementation of IT in construction (including building information modelling)
- professional communication and interpersonal skills.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in supervised visits to construction sites and international study trips. In addition to your study, you will be strongly encouraged to undertake work experience within the industry prior to graduating.