Tan Yie Hua
Dr. Tan Yie Hua
Ph.D., B.Eng. Lecturer
Telephone: +60 85 630 0100 extn: 2434
Location: Skylark 3 Room 451
Dr. Tan is a lecturer in the Department of Chemical Engineering at Curtin University, Sarawak Campus. She obtained her Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM). She worked as a customer project engineer in X-FAB Sarawak for two years before pursuing her postgraduate studies in chemical engineering at UNIMAS.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- BEng(Hons) in Chemical Engineering, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Customer Project Engineer (2 years), X-FAB Sarawak
- Part Time Academic Staff (2 years), Swinburne Sarawak
- Research Assistant (3 years), Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Biofuel conversion technology
- Process optimization and modelling
- Catalysis development
- Yie Hua Tan, Mohammad Omar Abdullah, Cirilo Nolasco-Hipolito, Nur Syuhada Ahmad Zauzi. Application of RSM and Taguchi methods for optimizing the transesterification of waste cooking oil catalyzed by solid ostrich and chicken-eggshell derived CaO. Renewable Energy, Volume 114, Part B (December 2017), Pages 437-447.
- Jor Jee Wong, Mohammad Omar Abdullah, Rubiyah Baini, Yie Hua Tan. Performance monitoring: A study on ISO 14001 certified power plant in Malaysia, Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 147, (March 2017), Pages 165-174.
- Yie Hua Tan, Mohammad Omar Abdullah, Cirilo Nolasco-Hipolito, Nur Syuhada Ahmad Zauzi, Georgie Wong Abdullah. Engine performance and emissions characteristics of a diesel engine fueled with diesel-biodiesel-bioethanol emulsions. Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 132, (January 2017), Pages 54–64.
- Yie Hua Tan, Mohammad Omar Abdullah, Cirilo Nolasco-Hipolito. Comparison of Biodiesel Production between Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Base Catalysts. Innovative Engineering and Technology, Volume 833. April 2016. doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.833.71
- Yie Hua Tan, Mohammad Omar Abdullah, Cirilo Nolasco-Hipolito. The potential of waste cooking oil-based biodiesel using heterogeneous catalyst derived from various calcined eggshells coupled with an emulsification technique: A review on the emission reduction and engine performance, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 47 (July 2015), Pages 589–603.
- Yie Hua Tan, Mohammad Omar Abdullah, Cirilo Nolasco-Hipolito, Yun Hin Taufiq-Yap. Waste ostrich- and chicken-eggshells as heterogeneous base catalyst for biodiesel production from used cooking oil: Catalyst characterization and biodiesel yield performance. Applied Energy, Volume 160 (December 2015), Pages 58–70.
- Yie Hua Tan, Mohammad Omar Abdullah, Cirilo Nolasco-Hipolito. Biodiesel Production using Calcium Oxide as Catalyst: A Review. Proceedings of the International Engineering Conference (ENCON 2014). doi: 10.3850/978-981-09-4587-9_P22.
- Mohammad Omar Abdullah, Cirilo Nolasco Hipolito, Nur Syuhada Bt Ahmad Zauzi, Yie Hua Tan. A Study of Biodiesel from Waste Cooking Oil Catalyzed by Sarawak Novel Ostrich-Eggshell Based Catalyst. FENG Research Bulletin 2016, (2016), Pages 13.
- Biodiesel and Biodiesel-Emulsion Production using Heterogeneous Catalyst derived from Ostrich Eggshells coupled with an Emulsion Technique, Fundamental Research Grant, Ministry of Education Malaysia, 2016 – ongoing (FRGS/1/2016/TK07/UNIMAS/01/2).
- Associate Member, Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
- Graduate Engineer, Board of Engineer Malaysia (BEM)