Engineering First Year Curtin University Malaysia Summer School 2018Posted date:
Important Update: If you have decided to enroll for Summer 2018. Click here to read an important notice.
Engineering First Year in Curtin University Malaysia will be conducting summer school in 2018 with the aim to provide an on-track completion of the Engineering First Year. The summer school will be commencing on the 2rd January 2018 and ending on 9th February 2018. The academic calendar for this summer school is as shown in Appendix A.
4 units will be offered during the summer school as follows:
- MATH 1019 Linear Algebra and Statistic for Engineers
- MATH 1020 Calculus for Engineers
- MCEN 1000 Engineering Mechanics
- MAEN 1000 Engineering Materials
These units are STRICTLY offered to students who are repeating this unit due to failing in the regular semesters which affect the on-track completion in Engineering First Year.
Students are only allowed to enroll a maximum of TWO (2) units.
Are you interested?
Students who are interested to enroll and meet the entry requirements:
Please fill up the form here: https://goo.gl/forms/lOPCqyaVyjQAkqYI3
These units are offered to students from Curtin University Australia and Curtin University Malaysia.
Students must have fulfilled the university entry requirement as stated below for enrolment.
Each specific unit has its own unique requirements, please email Dr Stephanie Chan (email@example.com) to check if you meet the requirements for the units you want to enroll in.
Tuition fees for students from Sarawak Campus: http://fees.curtin.edu.my/course-fee/
Tuition fees for Bentley students will be the same as the semester version of every unit
On/off campus accommodation are available. On campus accommodation in Lakeside Apartment II will be provided for students coming from Curtin University Australia.
Enrolment of summer school can be done through eStudent in Oasis http://estudent.curtin.edu.my/eStudentProd/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2feStudentProd%2fdefault.aspx
These steps are walked through in the Streamlined Enrolment Demonstration video.
- Click on the My Enrolment
- Click on Enrol in Unitsin the left hand menu.
- You may be required to agree to the terms and conditions before continuing. If so, the only button you will see is View the Terms & Conditions. Click this button and review the terms and conditions. If you agree to the terms and conditions, check I accept these terms and conditions, and then click
- On the screen will be a list of the units available for enrolment. This is called your Study Plan.
- Units are marked as Core, Optional, or Elective. The process for enrolling in core units, options and electives is slightly different, so please read the instructions for each unit type below.
- In order to enrol in a unit, it must be “planned”. This means that it must appear on the Study Plan. Core units automatically appear on your Study Plan, but you must follow the instructions below to add options and electives to your Study Plan.
Note: Only units highlighted Teal are available for enrolment.
Enrolling in Core Units
- Core units are indicated by the C icon
- To enrol in a unit you first need to firstly choose your availability for the unit from the dropdown beneath the unit name. The availability is when, where and how you will study the unit (for example “2014, Semester One, Miri Campus, Internal”). (See Attendance Modes Explained)
- If only one availability exists it is automatically selected.
- Check the “Enrol?” checkbox on the right hand side of the unit.
- Repeat these steps for the other core units you wish to enrol in, then click Proceed to Enrol.
- You will now be taken to a Confirm Enrolment Details screen. If all enrolment details are correct, click Enrol.
- If you have been enrolled successfully, you will now see a green success message confirming you have successfully enrolled. A green tick will also appear next to your enrolled units.
- It is recommended that you print your enrolment adviceonce you have finished enrolling as proof of your successful enrolment.
- Select Enrol in more units to return to your study plan.
Available Facilities & Services
Curtin offers a wide range of services and support to accommodate all your everyday and extracurricular needs, as embracing the experience of university life is just as important as the degree itself.
- Services : http://www.curtin.edu.my/future/facilities/Services.htm
- Study support: http://www.curtin.edu.my/future/facilities/studySupport.htm
- University Counseling Services: http://www.curtin.edu.my/future/facilities/counseling.htm
- Sports and Recreation Services: http://housing-recreation.curtin.edu.my/sports-recreation-services/
Appendix A: Academic Calendar