2017 Research Grants and Awards
Outstanding Scientist Award for Publication Excellence by I Proclaim Malaysia, 31December ,2017
Associate Professor Dr. Mubarak Mujawar
Outstanding Scientist Award for Publication Citation by I-Proclaim Malaysia, 31 December, 2017
Associate Professor Dr. Mubarak Mujawar
A Continuous Fouling–free Dye Removal Process via Incorporation of Auto-Regenerated Enzymatic Buckypaper
Research Team: Dr. John Lau Sie Yon, Dr. Mubarak Mujawar, Dr. Chua Han Bing and Ms. Sheena Lau Yien Jun.
Malaysian Patent File Number : PI 2017704294
American Chemical Society (ACS) Global Innovation Imperatives (Gii) Forum 2017 Young Scientist Travel Grant
Dr. Zeinab Abbas Jawad
American Chemical Society (ACS) Global Innovation Imperatives (Gii) Forum 2017 Young Scientist Travel Grant
Dr. Stephanie Chan
Hyogo Overseas Research Network (HORN) Fellowship
Dr. Lau Shiew Wei
Curtin Sarawak Teaching Innovation Project (CSTIP)
Project title: Collaborative Classroom Learning Using Kahoot Game based Student Response System ( GSRS) in Curtin’s Engineering Education
Research Team: Dr. Bridgid Chin, Dr Zeinab , Dr. Wendy Ng and Ms. Hii Kiew Ling
International Foundation for Science-Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (IFS-SEARCA) Collaborative Research Grant 2016
Project title: Catalytic fast pyrolysis of rice husk for syngas production
Research Team: Dr. Bridgid Chin (Curtin Malaysia), Prof. Menandro Acda (University of the Philippines Los Banos, Philippines), Dr. Pornkamol Unrean (National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Thailand), and Ms. Elisabeth Rianawati (Resilience Development Initiative, Indonesia)
- Raza, A., Gholami, R., Rezaee, R., Bing, C.H., Nagarajan, R. and Hamid, M.A., 2017. Preliminary assessments for CO2 storage in carbonate formations: a case study from Malaysia. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, IOP, 14: 535–556 (22pp).
- Raza, A., Gholami, R., Rezaee, R., Bing, C.H., Nagarajan, R. and Hamid, M.A., 2017. Well selection in depleted oil and gas fields for a safe CO2 storage practice: a case study from Malaysia. Petroleum, KeAi, 3/1: 167-177.
- Raza, A., Gholami, R., Rezaee, R., Bing, C.H., Nagarajan, R. and Hamid, M.A., 2017. Preliminary assessment of CO2 injectivity potential in carbonate storage sites. Petroleum, KeAi, 3/1: 144-154.
- Raza, A., Gholami, R., Rezaee, R., Bing, C.H., Nagarajan, R. and Hamid, M.A., 2017. Assessment of CO2 residual trapping in depleted reservoirs used for geosequestration. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 43C: 137-155.
- Spatial analysis of the wake behind a flexible cantilever vortex generator, Chan Hiang Bin, Sharul Sham Bin Dol, Wee Siaw Khur and Perumal Kumar, Submitted to the Journal of Fluids Engineering, 2017
- Analysis of solar water heater with parabolic dish concentrator and conical absorber, G Rajamohan, P Kumar, M Anwar and T Mohanraj, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Volume 206, conference 1 , 2017
- The flow dynamics behind a flexible finite cylinder as a flexible agitator, T H Yong, H B Chan, S S Dol, S K Wee and P Kumar , IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Volume 206, conference 1 , 2017
- Development of adaptive soft sensor using locally weighted kernel partial least square model, Wan Sieng Yeo, Agus Saptoro, Perumal Kumar, Accepted in Chemical Product and Process Modeling, 2017
- Comparison of turbulence models for single sphere simulation study under supercritical fluid condition, Jameson Malang, PKumar and Agus Saptoro, Accepted in Chemical Product and Process Modeling, 2017
- Numerical studies on the laminar thermal-hydraulic efficiency of water-based Al2O3 nanofluid in circular and non-circular ducts, A Tiong, PKumar and Agus Saptoro, Accepted in Chemical Product and Process Modeling, 2017
- Combined effect of mixed convection and surface radiation heat transfer for thermally developing flow in vertical channels, Rajamohan Ganesan, Ramesh Narayanaswamy, Kumar Perumal, Heat Transfer Engineering, 2017 (ISI Indexed)
- Seer, Qiu Han, and Jobrun Nandong. “Stabilization and PID tuning algorithms for second-order unstable processes with time-delays.” ISA transactions 67 (2017): 233-245.
- SY Rong, N.M. Mubarak, FA Tanjung (2017). Structure-Property Relationship of Cellulose Nanowhiskers Reinforced Chitosan Biocomposite Films, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering. Article in Press, (ISI-Cited Publication)
- TE Kumar, SZ Shamshuddin, N.M. Mubarak (2017). Simple and efficient synthesis of jasminaldehyde over modified forms of zirconia: Acid-base bifunctional catalysis. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology (IJCT) 24, 548-554. ISI: Q4; IF 0.568. (ISI-Cited Publication)
- Sabzoi Nizamuddin, M. T.H Siddiqui, N M. Mubarak, Humair Ahmed Baloch, Shaukat Ali Mazari, M. M Tunio, G. J. Griffin, M.P Srinivasan, Akshat Tanksale, Sajid Riaz (2017). Advanced nanomaterials synthesis from pyrolysis and hydrothermal carbonization: A review. Current organic chemistry. Article In Press (ISI: Q2; IF 1.924 (ISI-Cited Publication).
- M.T.H Siddiqui, Sabzoi Nizamuddin, N. M. Mubarak, Khaula Shirin, Muhammad Aijaz, Munir Hussain (2017). Characterization and process optimization of biochar produced using novel biomass, waste pomegranate peel: a response surface methodology approach. waste and biomass valorization. Accepted on 18 September (ISI: Q3; IF 1.337. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- M.Ruthiraan, E.C.Abdullah, N. M. Mubarak, Sabzoi Nizamuddin (2017).Adsorptive removal of methylene blue using magnetic biochar derived from agricultural waste biomass: Equilibrium, Isotherm, Kinetic study. International Journal of Nanoscience. Accepted on 30 June. (Scopus cited publication.)
- G K Gill, N. M. Mubarak, S Nizamuddin, H S Al-Salim and J. N Sahu (2017). Column performance of carbon nanotube packed bed for methylene blue and orange red dye removal from waste water. IOP Publishing IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 206, 012081. (Scopus cited publication.)
- R.K. Thines, E.C. Abdullah, N.M. Mubarak (2017). Effect of process parameters for production of microporous magnetic biochar derived from agriculture waste biomass. Microporous & Mesoporous. 253, 29-39. (ISI: Q1; IF 3.615. (ISI-Cited Publication)
- Noraini Mohamed Noor, Raihan Othman, N.M. Mubarak, Ezzat Chan Abdullah (2017). Agricultural biomass-derived magnetic adsorbents: Preparation and application for heavy metals removal”. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers. 78, 168-177. (ISI: Q1; IF 4.217. (ISI-Cited Publication)
- Ruthiraan, E.C. Abdullah, N.M. Mubarak, M.N. Noraini (2017). A promosing route of magnetic based materials for removal of Cadmium and methylene blue from waste water. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 5, 1447-1455. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- Sabzoi Nizamuddin, Humair Ahmed Baloch, G. J. Griffin, N. M. Mubarak, Abdul Waheed Bhutto, Rashid Abro , Shaukat Ali Mazari, Brahim Si Ali (2017). An overview of effect of process parameters on hydrothermal carbonization of biomass, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 73,1289-1299. ISI: Q1; IF: 6.798. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- K.R. Thines, E.C. Abdullah, N.M. Mubarak, M. Ruthiraan (2017). Synthesis of magnetic biochar from agricultural waste biomass to enhancing route for waste water and polymer application: A review, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 67,257-276. ISI: Q1; IF: 6.798. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- K.R. Thines, E.C. Abdullah, N.M. Mubarak, M.Ruthiraan (2017). In-situ polymerization of magnetic biochar – polypyrrole composite: A novel application in supercapacitor. Biomass and Bioenergy. 98, 95-111. ISI: Q1; IF: 3.249. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- K.R. Thines, N.M, Mubarak, Sabzoi Nizamuddin, J.N. Sahu, E.C. Abdullah (2017). Application potential of carbon nanomaterials in water and wastewater treatment: a review”. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers. 72,116-133. ISI: Q1; IF 2.848. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- Ruthiraan, E.C. Abdullah, N.M. Mubarak, K.R. Thines (2017). New generation of magnetic microporus material for enhancing route for methylene blue removal from waste water. Journal of Environment and Biotechnology Research. 6 (1), 105-116.
- N.M. Mubarak, A. Faghihzadeh, K.W. Tan, J.N. Sahu E.C. Abdullah, N.S. Jayakumar (2017). Microwave assisted carbon nanofibers for removal of zinc and copper from waste water. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 17 (3), 1847-1856. ISI: Q2; IF 1.556. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- M.W. Yap, N.M. Mubarak, J.N. Sahu, E.C. Abdullah (2017). Microwave induced synthesis of magnetic biochar from agricultural biomass for removal of lead and cadmium from, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. 45, 287-295. ISI: Q1; IF 4.179. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- Tan Y. Y., Tang F. E., Saptoro A., Khor E. H., 2017, The interaction between outflow dynamics and removal of NH4+-N in a vertical flow constructed wetlands treating septage. In: Civil, Architecture and Environmental Engineering, Volume 2 (Eds: Jimmy C.M. Kao and Wen-Pei Sung), CRC Press/Balkema, pp. 1141-1146.
- Asakuma, Y., Nakata, R., Saptoro, A., 2017, Bubble formation in water with magnetite nanoparticles during microwave irradiation Chemical Engineering & Processing: Process Intensification, 119, 101-105 (Thomson Reuters Web of Science cited-publication, 2016 Impact Factor: 2.234).
- Asakuma, Y., Takahashi, S., Maeda, Y., Araki, N., Saptoro, A., 2017. Chemical reaction behavior in a liquid-liquid system under non-contact microwave irradiation, Journal of the Japan Petroleum Institute, accpted (Thomson Reuters Web of Science cited-publication, 2016 Impact Factor: 0.649).
- Asakuma, Y., Matsumura, S., Saptoro, A., 2017, In-Situ Observation of Nanoparticle Formation Under Different Power of Microwave Irradiation, Crystal Research & Technology, DOI: 10.1002/crat.201700108 (Thomson Reuters Web of Science cited-publication cited-publication, 2016 Impact Factor: 1.0).
- Yeo, C.W.S, Saptoro, A., Kumar, P., 2017, Development of Adaptive Soft Sensor using Locally Weighted Kernel Partial Least Square Model, Chemical Product and Process Modeling, In press, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/cppm-2017-0022 (SCOPUS cited journal).
- Tiong, N. T .A., Saptoro, A., Kumar, P., 2017, Numerical studies on the laminar thermal-hydraulic efficiency of water-based Al2O3 nanofluid in circular and non-circular ducts, Chemical Product and Process Modeling, In press, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/cppm-2017-0019 (SCOPUS cited journal).
- Malang, J., Kumar, P., Saptoro, A., Tadé, M.O., 2017, Comparison of Turbulence Models for Single Sphere Simulation Study under Supercritical Fluid Condition, Chemical Product and Process Modeling, In press, DOI: https://doi-org.dbgw.lis.curtin.edu.au/10.1515/cppm-2017-0026.
- Tanaka, K., Asakuma, Y., Saptoro, A., Phan, C., 2017, Surface tension profiles of nanofluid containing surfactant during microwave irradiation, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 206, 012011 doi:10.1088/1757-899X/206/1/012011 (SCOPUS and Thomson Reuters Web of Science indexed publication)
- Nishijima, S., Matsumura, S., Asakuma, Y., Saptoro, A., 2017, Promotion of nucleation for nano-particle formation by two-stage microwave irradiation, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 206, 012055 doi:10.1088/1757-899X/206/1/012055 (SCOPUS and Thomson Reuters Web of Science indexed publication)
- Lai, C.M.T., Chua, H.B., Danquah, M.K., Saptoro, A., 2017, Isolation of Thermophilic Lignin Degrading Bacteria from Oil-Palm Empty Fruit Bunch (EFB) Compost, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 206, 012016 doi:10.1088/1757-899X/206/1/012016 (SCOPUS and Thomson Reuters Web of Science indexed publication)
- Tan, K. X., Danquah, M. K., Sidhu, A., Lau, S. Y. and Ongkudon, C. M. (2017), Biophysical characterization of layer-by-layer synthesis of aptamer-drug microparticles for enhanced cell targeting. Biotechnol Progress. doi:10.1002/btpr.2524.
- Jeevanandam, J., Chan, YS., Danquah, MK (2017). Biosynthesis and characterization of MgO nanoparticles from plant extracts via induced molecular nucleation. New Journal of Chemistry 41: 2800-2814.
- Jeevanandam, J., Chan, YS., Danquah, MK (2017). Calcination-Dependent Morphology Transformation of Sol-Gel Synthesized MgO Nanoparticles. Chemistry Select 2: 10393-10404
- Jessie S.L, Chang, Chan, YS., Law, MC, Leo, CP (2017).Comparative microstructure study of oil palm fruit bunch fibre, mesocarp and kernels after microwave pre-treatment. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 217:012026. (Doi:10.1088/1757-899X/217/1/012026)
- Yeong, SP., Law, MC, Vincent Lee, CC., Chan, YS (2017). Modelling batch microwave heating of water. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 217:012035 (Doi:10.1088/1757-899X/217/1/012035).
- Jeevanandam, J., Aing, YS., Chan, YS., Pan, S., Danquah, MK (2016) Chapter 3: Nano-formulation and application of phytochemicals as antimicrobial agents. Antimicrobial nanoarchitectonics (1st Edition): From synthesis to application. Elservier.
- Nnaji, OC., Jeevanandam, J., Chan, YS, Danquah, MK, Pan, S., Barhoum, A. (2017) Chapter 13: Engineered nanomaterials for wastewater treatment-Current and future trends. Fundamentals of nanoparticles (1st edition) Elsevier.
- A. L. Ahmad, Y.O. Salaudeen, Z. A. Jawad (2017) Membrane separation of CO2 using an improved phase inversion process. Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering. Submitted on 24th June 2017. (ISI Indexed, Impact factor: 2.007)
- R.J. Lee, Z.A. Jawad, A.L. Ahmad, J.Q. Ngo, H.B. Chua (2017) Improvement of CO2/N2 separation performance by polymer matrix of cellulose acetate butyrate. IOP Conference Science:Materials Science and Engineering. In Press. (Scopus Indexed).
- A. L. Ahmad, Y.O. Salaudeen, Z. A. Jawad (2017) Synthesis of Asymmetric Polyetherimide (PEI) Membrane For CO2/N2 Separation. IOP Conference Science:Materials Science and Engineering. In Press. (Scopus Indexed).
- Z. A. Jawad, A. L. Ahmad, S. C. Low, C. F. B. Soh, E. W. T. Seng, L. Sugu, T. L. Chew (2017) Enhancing the Physical Stability of MWCNTS via β-CD Coating: Role of Washing Cycle on the β-CD Binding. Journal of Physics Science. 28, 145-153. (Scopus Indexed).
- A. L. Ahmad, Y.O. Salaudeen, Z. A. Jawad, (2017) Thickness Effect on the Morphology and Permeability of CO2/N2 Gases in Asymmetric Polyetherimide Membrane. Journal of Physics Science. 28, 201-213. (Scopus Indexed).
- R.J. Lee, Z.A. Jawad, A.L. Ahmad, H.B. Chua (2017) A novel mixed matrix membrane of Cellulose Acetate Butyrate /functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes for CO2/N2 separation. The 30th Symposium of Malaysia Chemical Engineers (SOMCHE 2017), 6th-7th December, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- R.J. Lee, Z.A. Jawad, A.L. Ahmad, H.B. Chua (2017) Incorporation of functionalized MWCNTs into cellulose acetate butyrate polymeric matrix to enhance CO2/N2 separation. One Curtin International Postgraduate Conference (OCPC 2017), 10th-12th December, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Lakshmi G.J.S., Tay, C.L., Pang, S.C. & Chin, S.F. (2017, Oct). Electrochemical reduction and deposition of reduced graphene oxide/manganese oxide composite for supercapacitor applications via Pulse-Chronoamperometry. 3rd International Conference on the Application of Science and Mathematics (SCIEMATHIC 2017), Pagoh, Johor, Malaysia.
- Yeo, Wan Sieng, Agus Saptoro and Perumal Kumar. 2017. Development of Adaptive Soft Sensor Using Locally Weighted Kernel Partial Least Square Model. Chemical Product and Process Modeling. 12(4). Retrieved 2 Aug. 2017, from doi:10.1515/cppm-2017-0022
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Agus Saptoro and Perumal Kumar. 2017. “Adaptive Soft Sensor based on modified locally weighted partial least square algorithm for non-Gaussian and nonlinear processes.” Proceeding of one Curtin international postgraduate conference (OCPC) 2017, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 10 – 12 December 2017.
- Tey, X.Y., Ng, W.P.Q., Lam, H.L., Au, P.I., Law, K.H., 2017, Optimisation and Debottlenecking of Biomass Processing Network, 6th Conference on Emerging Energy and Process Technology (CONCEPT) 2017, 28-29 November 2017, Johor, Malaysia.
- Chong, M.Y., Ng, W.P.Q., Lam, H.L., Ng, D.K.S., Lim, D.L.K., Law, K.H., 2017, A mini review of palm based fertiliser production in Malaysia, Chemical Engineering Transactions, 61, 1585-1590, DOI: 10.3303/CET1761262
- Lim, C.H., Lam, H.L., Ng, W.P.Q. A novel HAZOP approach for literature review on biomass supply chain optimisation model, Energy, DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2017.11.033
- Asakuma, Y., Nakata, R., Matsumura, S., Saptoro, A., 2016, Mechanism of microwave heating through molecular orbital method and bubble size profiles, Procedia Engineering (accepted, SCOPUS cited-publication)
- Saptoro, A., Kanazawa, Y., Asada, M., Asakuma, Y., Phan, C., 2016, Microwave Irradiation based Non-Chemical Method to Manipulate Surface Tension of Nanofluids, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 72, 228-234 (ISI cited-publication, 2014 Impact Factor: 1.99).
- Chiong T, Acquah C, Lau S. Y, Khor E. H, Danquah M. K. (2016). Microalgal-Based Protein Byproducts: Extraction, Purification and Applications. In “Waste-derived proteins: Transformation from environmental burden into value-added products”, GS Dhillon (Editor), Elsevier publishers (In press).
- Zeng X, Guo X, Su G, Danquah M. K, Chen X. D, Lin L, Lu Y. (2016). Harvesting of microalgal biomass. In “Algae Biotechnology: Products and Processes”, F. Bux and Y. Chisti (Editors). Springer (In press).
- N.M. Mubarak, J.N. Sahu, E.C. Abdullah, N.S. Jayakumar (2016). Palm oil empty fruit bunch based magnetic biochar composite comparison for synthesis by microwave-assisted and conventional heating, Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 120, 521-528 ISI:Q1;IF 3.652. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- N.M. Mubarak, J.N. Sahu, E.C. Abdullah, N.S. Jayakumar (2016). Rapid adsorption of toxic Pb (II) ions from aqueous solution using multiwall carbon nanotubes synthesized by microwave chemical vapour deposition technique. Journal of Environmental Sciences. 45, 143-155 ISI: Q2; IF 2.002. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- K.R. Thines, E.C. Abdullah, M. Ruthiraan, N.M. Mubarak, T. Manoj (2016). A new route of magnetic biochar based polyaniline composites for supercapacitor electrode materials, Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis. 121, 240-257. ISI: Q1; IF 3.652. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- Sabzoi Nizamuddin, N.M. Mubarak, Manoj Tiripathi, NS Jayakumar, JN Sahu, P Ganesan (2016) Chemical, dielectric and structural characterization of optimized hydrochar produced from hydrothermal carbonization of palm shell. Fuel, 163, 88-97, ISI: Q1; IF 3.520. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- M.N. Noraini, E.C. Abdullah, R. Othman, N.M. Mubarak (2016) Single-route Synthesis of Magnetic Biochar from Sugarcane Bagasse by Microwave-Assisted Pyrolysis, Materials Letters. 184, 315-319 ISI: Q1; IF 2.437. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- N.M Mubarak, S.Shapnathayamma, T.G Suchithra, J.N.Sahu, E.C Abdullah et al, (2016). Adsorption and Kinetic Study on Mg2+ Removal from Waste Water using Rice Husk based Magnetic Biochar, Research & Reviews: Journal of Pure and Applied Physics (2016). 4 (2), 102-111.
- Mohammad Hadi Dehghani, Masoome Mostofi, Mahmood Alimohammadi, Gordon McKay, Kaan Yetilmezsoy, Ahmad B Albadarin, Behzad Heibati, Mohammad AlGhouti,
- NM Mubarak, JN Sahu.(2016). High-performance removal of toxic phenol by single-walled and multi-walled carbon nanotubes: Kinetics, adsorption, mechanism and optimization studies, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry,35,63-74 ISI: Q1;IF 3.512 .(ISI-Cited Publication).
- N.M. Mubarak, M. Thobashinni, E.C. Abdullah, J.N. Sahu, (2016). Comparative kinetic study of removal of Pb2+ ions and Cr3+ ions from waste water using carbon nanotubes produced using microwave heating. C-Journal of Carbon Research, 2(1),7, doi:10.3390/c2010007.
- Tan KX, Danquah MK, Sidhu A, Lau SY, Ongkudon CM. (2016 ). Aptamer-mediated polymeric vehicles for enhanced cell-targeted drug delivery. Current Drug Targets. 17 (16), 1-11.
- Tan KX, Danquah MK, Sidhu A, Ongkudon CM, Lau SY. (2016). Towards targeted cancer therapy: Aptamer or oncolytic virus? European Journal of Parhameutical Science, 96, 8-19.
- C Acquah, LS Yon, Z Tuah, NL Ngee, MK Danquah. (2016). Synthesis and performance analysis of oil palm ash (OPA) based adsorbent as a palm oil bleaching material. Journal of Cleaner Production 139, 1098-1104.
- Tung Chiong, Sie Yon Lau, Zhan Hong Lek, Yew Koh Boon, Michael K. Danquah, Enzymatic treatment of methyl orange dye in synthetic wastewater by plant-based peroxidase enzymes, (2016). Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering. ISSN 2213-3437, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2016.04.030.
- Tan SY, Acquah C, Sidhu A, Ongkudon CM, Yon L S, Danquah MK. SELEX modifications and bioanalytical techniques for aptamer-target binding characterization. (2016). Crit Rev Anal Chem. 15:0. (Published)
- Tiong Chiong, Caleb Acquah, Sie Y. Lau, Ee H. Khor, Michael K. Danquah. (2016).Chapter 12: Microalgal-Based Protein By-Products: Extraction, Purification, and Applications. Protein Byproducts: Transformation from Environmental Burden into Value-Added Products. Elsevier Science and Technology. Pages 213-234
- Jeevanandam, J., Chan, Y. S., Danquah., M. K. (2016). Nano-formulation of drugs: recent developments, impact and challenges. Biochimie 128: 99-112.
- A Anand Kumar, J. Jaison, K. Prabakaran, R. Nagarajan, Y. S. Chan (2016). Water Quality Monitoring: A comparative case study of municipal and Curtin Sarawak’s lake samples. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 121:012019. Doi:10.1088/1757-899x/121×1/012019
- Jeevanandam, J., Chan, Y. S., Danquah, M.K. (2016). Biosynthesis of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles. ChemBioEng Reviews. doi: 10.1002/cben.201500018
- M.C., Law, E. L. Liew,. S. L. Chang, Y. S. Chan, C.P. Leo (2016). Modelling microwave heating of discrete samples of oil palm kernels. Applied Thermal Engineering 98:702-726.
- Mat Don, M., Chan, Y. S. and Jeevanandam, J. (2016) Chapter 8: Antimicrobial Properties of Nanobiomaterials and the Mechanicsm. Nanobiomaterials in Antimicrobial Therapy. Applications of Nanobiomaterials Volume 6. 261-312.
- P.C.Tan, Z.A.Jawad, B.S.Ooi, A.L.Ahmad, S.C.Low (2016) Correlation between Polymer Packing and Gas Transport Properties for CO2/N2 Separation in Glassy Fluorinated Polyimide Membrane. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. In Press.
- Artan A, Acquah C, Danquah M. K, Ongkudon C. M. Process Analysis of Microalgae Biomass Thermal Disruption for Biofuel Production (Book Chapter No. 7; pages 113-131). In “Advances in Bioprocess Technology”, Ravindra Pogaku (Editor), Springer (2015).
- Agyei, D., Danquah, M. K., Sarethy, I. P., Pan, S. Antioxidative peptides derived from food proteins (Book Chapter No.27; pages 417-430). In “Free Radicals in Human Health and Disease”. V. Rani and U.C.S. Yadav (Editor). Springer (2015).
- Agyei D, Potumarthi R, Danquah M. K (2015). Food-derived multifunctional bioactive proteins and peptides: Sources and production (Book Chapter No. 19; pages 483 – 505). In “Biotechnology of Bioactive Compounds”, Vijai Kumar (Editor), Wiley-Blackwell Publishers.
- Agyei D, Potumarthi R, Danquah M. K (2015). Food-derived multifunctional bioactive proteins and peptides: Applications and recent advances (Book Chapter No. 20; pages 507 – 524). In “Biotechnology of Bioactive Compounds”, Vijai Kumar (Editor), Wiley-Blackwell Publishers.
- Nandong, “A unified design for feedback-feedforward control system to improve regulatory control performance,” Int. J. Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 13(1), pp. 1-8, 2015. DOI
- N.M. Mubarak, J.N. Sahu, E.C. Abdullah, N.S.Jayakumar,P.Ganesan .Microwave assisted multiwall carbon nanotubes enhancing Cd (II) adsorption capacity in aqueous media. journal of industrial and engineering chemistry,(2015),24, 24-33, ISI: Q1;IF 3.512.(ISI-Cited Publication)
- N.M. Mubarak, J.N. Sahu, E.C. Abdullah,N.S.Jayakumar, P.Ganesan. Microwave-induced multiwall carbon nanotubes enhancing Cu (II) adsorption capacity in aqueous media. Journal of Tiawan instituite of chemical engineers, (2015), 53,140–152, ISI:Q1;IF 3.0. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- N.M. Mubarak, J.N. Sahu, E.C. Abdullah,N.S.Jayakumar, P.Ganesan. Microwave-assisted synthesis of multi-walled carbon nanotubes for enhanced removal of Zn (II) from wastewater, Research on Chemical Intermediates, (2015), 1-25, ISI: Q3; IF 1.221. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- Venkatesh, S.Z Mohamed Shamshuddin, N.M. Mubarak. Effective synthesis of quinoxalines over ceria based solid acids coated on honeycomb monoliths, Indian Journal of Chemistry, (2015), 54A, 843-850. ISI:Q3 ;IF 0.851. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- A. Kundu, M.A. Hashim, J.N. Sahu , N.M. Mubarak, Ghufran Redzwan. Optimization of the process variables in production of activated carbon by microwave heating. RSC Adv., (2015), 5, 35899, ISI:Q1;IF 3.84. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- N. M. Mubarak, E. C. Abdullah, J. N. Sahu, N. S. Jayakumar, and P. Ganesan. Mass Production of Carbon Nanofibers Using Microwave Technology. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., (2015),15, 9571-9577. ISI:Q3;IF 1.556. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- N.M. Mubarak, Faridah Y Protein Purification in Chromatographic Media using Multiwall Carbon Nanotubes. J Bioproces Biotech (2015), 5(3), 1000214. IF 2.55 (Scopus Cited Publication).
- N. M. Mubarak, Y.T.Fo, Hikmat Said Al-Salim, J.N. Sahu, E.C. Abdullah, S. Nizamuddin, N.S.Jayakumar, P.Ganesan. Removal of methylene blue and orange-G from waste water using magnetic biochar. International journal of nanoscience. (2015),14(3), 1550009 (13 pages). Scopus cited publication.
- N. Sabzoi, N. S. JayaKumar, J. N. Sahu, P. Ganesan, N. M. Mubarak, S. A. Mazari, Synthesis and characterization of hydrochars produced by hydrothermal carbonization of oil palm shell. The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, (2015), 93 (11), 1916-1921, ISI:Q3;IF 1.313. (ISI-Cited Publication)
- N. Sabzoi, N. S. JayaKumar, J. N. Sahu, P. Ganesan, N. M. Mubarak, S. A. Mazari, Hydrothermal carbonization of oil palm shell. Korean journal of chemical engineering (2015), 32 (9), 1789-1797. ISI: Q3; IF 1.241. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- S. Nizamuddin, N.S JayaKumar, J.N. Sahu. P. Ganesan, N.M.Mubarak, Shaukat A. Mazari, W.E. Keat, An optimization study for catalytic hydrolysis of oil palm shell,using response surface methodology. Journal of Oil Palm Research, In Press (2015), (ISI:Q3; IF: 0.18 (ISI-Cited Publication)
- Suchithra Thangalazhy-Gopakumar, Wail Mohammed Ahmed Al-Nadheri, Dinesh Jegarajan, JN Sahu, NM Mubarak, S Nizamuddin. Utilization of Palm Oil Sludge through Pyrolysis for Bio-oil and Bio-char Production. Bioresource technology, 178, 65–69, (2015).ISI:Q1;IF 5.04. (ISI-Cited Publication)
- M. Ruthiraan, N.M. Mubarak, R.K. Thines, E.C. Abdullah, J.N. Sahu, N.S.Jayakumar,P.Ganesan. Comparative kinetic study of functionalized carbon nanotubes and magnetic biochar for removal of Cd2+ ions from waste wate. Korean journal of chemical engineering, (2015),32(2), 446-457, ISI: Q3; IF: 1.241. (ISI-Cited Publication).
- Tan, Y.Y., Tang, F.E., Saptoro, A., Khor, E.H., 2015, Septage Treatment Using Vertical-Flow Engineered Wetland: A Critical Review, Chemical Engineering Transactions. 45, 1531, DOI: 10.3303/CET1545256 (SCOPUS cited-publication). Download the manuscript here: http://www.aidic.it/cet/15/45/256.pdf
- Tze, A.T.N., Kumar, P., Saptoro, A., 2015, Reviews on Drag Reducing Polymers, The Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 32 (8), 1455-1476 (ISI cited publication, 2014 Impact Factor: 1.166).
- Malang, J., Kumar, P., Saptoro, A., 2015, Computational Fluid Dynamics based Hydrodynamics Studies in Packed Bed Columns: Current Status and Future Directions, International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering (inpress, DOI: 10.1515/ijcre-2014-0121,ISI cited-publication, 2014 Impact Factor: 0.592).
- Pijar Religia, Niken Taufiqurrahmi, Yalun Arifin (2015), Preliminary study of phycocyanin extraction optimization from Spirulina platensis biomass, Makara Journal of Technology, accepted.
- Z. A. Jawad, A. L. Ahmad, S. C. Low, S. H. S. Zein (2015) Incorporation of inorganic carbon nanotubes fillers into the CA polymeric matrix for improvement in CO2/N2 separation. Journal of Current Nanoscience, 11, 1, 69-79.
- Z. A. Jawad, A. L. Ahmad, S. C. Low, T. L. Chew, S. H. S. Zein (2015) Influence of solvent exchange time on mixed matrix membrane separation performance for CO2/N2 and a kinetic sorption study. Journal of Membrane Science, 476, 590-601.
- Faisal Amri Tanjung, Azman Hassan, Mahbub Hasan. (2015). Use of epoxidized natural rubber a toughening agent in plastics: a review. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 132: 42270-42278.
- Reza Arjmandi, Azman Hassan, Stephen J. Eichorn, Mohamad Haafiz Mohamad Kassim, Zainoha Zakaria, and Faisal Amri Tanjung. (2015). Enhanced ductility and tensile properties of hybrid montmorilonite/cellulose nanowhiskers reinforced polylactic acid nanocomposites. Journal of Materials Science, 50: 3118-3130.
- Vaniespree Govindan, Salmah Husseinsyah, Teh Pei Ling, MM Zakaria, and Faisal Amri Tanjung. (2015). Regenerated Cellulose/Nypa Fruticans Fiber Biocomposite Films Using Ionic Liquid. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 754: 266-270.
- Ng, W.P.Q., Promentilla, M.A., Lam, H.L., 2015. An algebraic approach for supply network synthesis. Journal of Cleaner Production, 88, 326-335, DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro. 2014.06.088
- Law, M.C., Lee, C.C. & Tay, C.L. (2015) Dynamic behaviors of a Molten Carbonate Fuel Cell under a sudden shut-down scenario: Effects on temperature gradients. Applied Thermal Engineering 82, pp. 98-109.http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2014.11.083
- Tay, C.L. & Fam, S.L. (2015) Electrochemical oxidation of D-fructose solution using the Box-Behnken design methodology. Desalination and Water Treatment 54 (2), pp. 325-331. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19443994.2014.880380
- Tan, Y. L., Ng, D. K. S., El-Halwagi, M. M., Foo, D. C. Y and Samyudia, Y., Heat integrated resource conservation networks without mixing prior to heat exchanger network, Journal of Cleaner Production, 71, pp: 128-138, 2014 (IF: 3.398)
- Tan, Y. L., Ng, D. K. S., El-Halwagi, M. M., Foo, D. C. Y and Samyudia, Y., Floating pinch technique for utility targeting in heat exchanger network, Chemical Engineering Research & Design, Vol.92(1), pp.119-126, 2014. (IF: 1.927)
- Boyjoo, Y. Ang, H. M., and Pareek, V. (2014), CFD Simulation of a Pilot Scale Slurry Photocatalytic Reactor and Design of Multiple-lamp Reactors, Chem. Eng Sc, 111, 266-277.
- Boyjoo, Y. Ang, H. M., and Pareek, V. (2014), Lamp Emission and Quartz Sleeve Modelling in Slurry Photocatalytic Reactors, Chem. Eng. Sc., 111, 34-40.
Yagub , M. T., Sen, T.K., Afroze, A. and Ang, H. M. (2014), Dye and Its removal from Aqueous Solution by Adsorption: A Review, Advances in Colloid and Interface Science 209 , 172–184.
- Saputra, E., Muhammad, S., Sun, H., Ang, H. M., Tadé, M.O., Wang, S (2014), Shape-controlled activation of peroxymonosulfate by single crystal-Mn2O3 for catalytic phenol degradation in aqueous solution, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 154–155, 246–251.
- Sun, H., Kwan, C., Suvorova, A., Ang, H.M., Tadé, M.O. and Wang, S. (2014), Catalytic oxidation of organic pollutants on pristine and surface nitrogen-modified carbon nanotubes with sulfate radicals, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 154–155, 134-141.
- Abeish, A. M. , Ang, H.M. and Znad, Z. (2014), Enhanced Solar-Photocatalytic Degradation of Combined Chlorophenols Using Ferric Ions and Hydrogen Peroxide, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 53 (26), pp 10583–10589.
- Ariyanto, E., Sen, T. K., & Ang, H. M. (2014). The influence of various physico-chemical process parameters on kinetics and growth mechanism of struvite crystallization, Advanced Powder Technology, 25(2), 682-694.
- Zheng C, Zeng X, Danquah M. K, Lu Y. NaCS-PDMDAAC immobilized cultivation of recombinant Dictyostelium discoideum for soluble human Fas ligand production. Biotechnology Progress (Accepted on 26 November 2014).
- Zeng X, Danquah M. K, Sun Y, Zhang S, Lu Y, Lin L. Bioprocess considerations for microalgal-based wastewater treatment and biomass production. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review (Accepted on 2 November 2014).
- Harun R, Danquah M. K, Thiruvenkadam S. Particulate size of microalgal biomass affects hydrolysate properties and bioethanol concentration. Bio-Med Research International (Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology). Vol 2014, Article ID 435631, DOI.org/10.1155/2014/435631 (2014).
- Ongkudon C. M, Danquah M. K. Analysis of endotoxins removal from clarified cell lysates by divalent metal cations-induced aggregation. Separation Science and Technology 49 (1) (2014) 39-46.
- Nandi A, Pan S, Sarethy I. P, Potumarthi R, Danquah M. K. A proposal for 6-Sigma integration for large-scale production of penicillin G and subsequent conversion to 6-APA. Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry. Vol 2014, Article ID 413616, DOI.org/10.1155/2014/413616 (2014)
- Chan A. S, Danquah M. K, Agyei D, Hartley P. G, Zhu Y. A simple microfluidic chip design for fundamental bioseparation. Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry, vol. 2014, Article ID 175457, doi:10.1155/2014/175457 (2014).
- Chan A. S, Danquah M. K, Agyei D, Hartley P. G, Zhu Y,. A parametric study of a monolithic microfluidic system for on-chip biomolecular separation. Separation Science and Technology 49(6) (2014) 854-860.
- Zeng X, Quek C. X, Danquah M. K, Woo M. W, Lu Y, Chen X. D. Falling film evaporation characteristics of microalgae suspension for biofuel production. Applied Thermal Engineering 62 (2) (2014) 341-350.
- Harun R, Yip J, Thiruvenkadam S, Azlina W. A. K, Cherrington T, Danquah M. K. Algal Biomass conversion to Bioethanol – a step-by-step assessment. Biotechnology Journal 9(1) (2014) 73-86.
- Nandong, J. “A unified design for feedback-feedforward control system to improve regulatory control performance.” Int. J. Control, Automation and Systems, (accepted 2014).
- Nandong, J.; Zang, Z. “Generalized multi-scale control scheme for cascade processes with time-delays.” J. Process Control 24 (2014) 1057-1067.
- Nandong, J.; Zang, Z. “Multi-loop design of multi-scale controllers for multivariable processes.” J. Process Control 24 (2014) 600-612.
- Saptoro, A., 2014, State of the art in the development of adaptive soft sensors based on Just-in-Time models, Procedia Chemistry, 9, 226-234. (SCOPUS cited-publication)
- Saptoro, A., Herng, M.T.H., Teng, E.L.W., 2014, “Oxygen Transfer to Cassava Starch Solutions in an Aerated, Well-Mixed Bioreactor: Experimental and Mass Transfer Studies”, The Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 31 (4), 650 – 658. (ISI cited-publication, Impact Factor: 1.059)
- Lin, T.M., Ping, T.S., Saptoro, A. and Panau, F., 2014, ”Mass Transfer Coefficients and Correlation of Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Extraction of Sarawak Black Pepper”, International Journal of Food Engineering, 10 (1), 1 – 15. (DOI 10.1515/ijfe-2012-0219). (ISI cited-publication, Impact Factor: 0.463)
- Mohd Shariq Khan, Yus Donald Chaniago, Mesfin Getu, Moonyong Lee. (2014). Energy saving opportunities in integrated NGL/LNG schemes exploiting: Thermal-coupling common utilities and process knowledge. Chemical Engineering and Process Intensification (Elsevier). Article In Press, Accepted manuscript.
- Gonawan, F.N., Sie Yon, L., Kamaruddin, A.H., Uzir, M.H. Rapid base-catalyzed racemization of (R)-ibuprofen ester in isooctane-dimethyl sulfoxide medium with improved kinetic model (2014) Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 53 (2), pp. 635-642.
- Pang, S.C., Tay, C.L. & Chin, S.F. (2014) Starch-based Gel Electrolyte Thin Films Derived from Native Sago (Metroxylon sagu) Starch. Ionics. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11581-014-1092-5
- Tay, C.L. & Law, M.C. (2014) Numerical Modelling of Molten Carbonate Fuel Cell: Effects of Gas Flow Direction in Anode and Cathode. Special Issue: Engineering Goes Green – CUTSE 2012. Pertanika Journal of Science & Technology, 22(2).
- Tan, Y. L., Ng, D. K. S., El-Halwagi, M. M., Foo, D. C. Y and Samyudia, Y., Floating pinch technique for utility targeting in heat exchanger network (2013) Chemical Engineering Research & Design, DOI:10.1016/j.cherd.2013.06.029. ISI IF:1.972
- Tan, Y.L., Ng, D.K.S., El-Halwagi, M.M., Foo, D.C.Y and Samyudia, Y. (2013), Synthesis of heat integrated resource conservation networks using variable operating parameters, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 52(22), 7196-7210. ISI IF: 2.206
- Emily Wan-Teng Liew, Jobrun Nandong and Yudi Samyudia, Multi-scale Models for the Optimization of Batch Bioreactors, Chemical Engineering Science, 2013, 95: 257-266, ISI IF:2.386
- Mesfin Getu, Shuhaimi Mahadzir, Nguyen Van Duc Long, Moonyong Lee. (2013). Techno-economic analysis of potential natural gas liquid (NGL) recovery processes under variations of feed compositions. Chemical Engineering and Research Design Journal (Elsevier), 91(7), 1272-1283. ISI IF:1.927
- Agus Saptoro, Alan Kong Chin Huo, 2013, “Influences of Indonesian coals on the performance of a coal-fired power plant with an integrated post combustion CO2 removal system: A comparative simulation study”, Energy Conversion & Management, 68, 235-243. ISI IF:2.216
- M. Mohammadnejad, R. Gholami, F. Sereshki, A. Jashmadi, 2013. “A new methodology to predict backbreak in blasting operation”, International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences, Vol. 60, pp. 75-81. ISI IF:0.7
- O. Saeidi, R.G. Vaneghi, V. Rasouli, R. Gholami, 2013. “A modified empirical criterion for strength of transversely anisotropic rocks with metamorphic origin”, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. DOI: 10.1007/s10064-013-0472-9. ISI IF:1.4
- Lai Z.Y., Chua H.B., Goh S.M. 2013. Influence of process parameters on the strength of oil palm kernel shell pellets. Journal of Materials Science, 48 (4), 1448 – 1456. ISI IF:2.163
- Agyei D, Lim W, Zass M, Tan D, Danquah M. K. “Bioanalytical Evaluation of Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. lactis 313 Cell-Envelope Proteinase Extraction”. Chemical Engineering Science 95 (2013) 323-330. ISI IF:2.386
- J. Nandong and Z. Zang, High-performance multi-scale control scheme for stable, integrating and unstable time-delay processes, Journal of Process Control, (accepted 31 August 2013); ISI IF:1.805
- J. Nandong and Z. Zang, Novel multiscale control scheme for Nonminimum-phase processes, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, Vol. 52, 8248-8259, 2013; ISI IF:2.206
- Kumar Perumal and Jagannathan Krishnan, A CFD study of the effect of venturi geometry on high pressure wet gas metering, Int. J. of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology, 2013 Vol.6, No.5, pp.549 – 566, 2013; ISI IF:0.225
- Mesfin Getu, Shuhaimi Mahadzir, Moonyong Lee.(2013). Profit optimization for chemical process plant based on a probabilistic optimization approach by incorporating material flow uncertainties. Computers & Chemical Engineering Journal (Elsevier), Accepted in press, Corrected proof. ISI IF:2.091
- Sie Yon, L., Gonawan, F. N., Kamaruddin, A. H., & Uzir, M. H. (2013). Enzymatic deracemization of (R, S)-ibuprofen ester via lipase-catalyzed membrane reactor. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 52(27), 9441-9453. ISI IF:2.206
- Gonawan, F. N., Yon, L. S., Kamaruddin, A. H., & Uzir, M. H. (2013). Effect of co-solvent addition on the reaction kinetics of the lipase-catalyzed resolution of ibuprofen ester. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 88(4), 672-679. ISI IF:2.504
- Mesfin Getu, Shuhaimi Mahadzir, Moonyong Lee.(2013).A performance study for representative natural gas liquid (NGL) recovery processes under various feed conditions. Selected paper from PSE ASIA accepted for publication.
- J. Nandong, Y. Samyudia and M.O. Tadé, Optimal partial control structure design – A case study of extractive alcoholic fermentation system, PSE Asia, Kuala Lumpur, 25-27 June, 2013.
- B. Ugon, J. Nandong and Z. Zang, Multi-scale control of integrating time-delay processes, PSE Asia, Kuala Lumpur, 25-27 June, 2013.
- E.W.T. Liew, J. Nandong and Y. Samyudia, Modeling of cassava fermentation using expanded microbial kinetics (EMK) model, PSE Asia, Kuala Lumpur, 25-27 June, 2013.
- J. Nandong and Z. Zang, Multi-scale control – Improved technique to overcome time-delay, IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA 2013), Melbourne, Australia, 19-21 June, 2013.