Yam Ke San
Dr. Yam Ke Sen
PhD, MSc (CFD), BSc (Mech)
Program Coordinator, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Lecturer | Department of Mechanical Engineering | Faculty of Engineering and Science
Contact Details Telephone: +60 85 630100 Extn: 2427 | Location: Skylark (SK3)-355 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ZQYwX9sAAAAJ&hl=en
Research Interests: Thermo-Fluids, Multiphase Flows, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Sustainable Energy
- Lecturer, Curtin University Malaysia (October 2015 to current)
- Research Fellow, Cranfield University, UK (September, 2013 to September, 2015)
- Graduate Member, Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Graduate Member, Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM)
Additional Professional Activities
- Chair, The International Conference on Materials Technology and Energy 2019
- Vice-chair, The International Conference on Materials Technology and Energy 2017
- Committee member of IEM Young Engineer Section Miri Branch, term 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/2019.
- Yam, K.S., Bourdillon, A., Sawko R., Thompson, C.P., 2019. Modelling Solidification of Binary Mixtures in Cavity and Channel Flows. Journal of Computational Thermal Sciences.
- Yam, K.S., Siong, R.T.F. and Chen, V.L.C., 2018. Numerical Study on Erosion of a Pipe Bend with a Vortex Chamber. Particulate Science and Technology, 1-7.
- Yam K.S., AD Burns, DB Ingham, and WD McCaffrey, 2013. Influence of lift force on the settling velocities of rotating particles in two-dimensional shear flow. Journal of Hydraulic
- Engineering, 139(12):1277– 1285.
- Yam K.S., William D McCaffrey, Derek B Ingham, and Alan D Burns, 2011. CFD modelling of selected laboratory turbidity currents. Journal of Hydraulic Research, 49(5):657–666.
- Yam K.S., SD Harris, DB Ingham, and I Pop, 2009. Boundary-layer flow of Reiner–Philippoff fluids last a stretching wedge. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 44(10):1056–1062
- Yam K.S., Roy S., Lee, V. C. C., Law M.C. 2020 Numerical Analysis of Exhaust Air Energy Extractor for Cooling Tower Applications. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 943, p. 012037). IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Enderaaj Singh, Roy S., Lee, Yam K.S. 2020 Numerical Analysis of Exhaust Air Energy Extractor for Cooling Tower Applications. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 943, p. 012035). IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Yam K.S., Ismail, R. W. B. R., Lee, V. C. C., and Jung, H. C. 2018. Performance Comparison of Organic Rankine Cycle and Vapour Compression Cycle Hybrid Cooling-Heating System using Subcritical or Supercritical Working Fluid. In MATEC Web of Conferences (Vol. 202, p. 02008). EDP Sciences.
- Yam K.S., Chiew, G., Howe, C., Lee, V. C. C., and Roy, S. 2018. Analysis on Rolling Damping of a Conventional Boat fitted with T-shaped Bilge Keels. In MATEC Web of Conferences (Vol. 202, p. 02007). EDP Sciences.
- Lee, V.C.C. and Yam, K.S., 2017, August. Introduction of OpenStudio® for Work Integrated Learning: Case Study on Building Energy Modelling. In Asian Simulation Conference (pp. 349-358). Springer, Singapore.
- Yam, K.S., Yem, W.L. and Lee, V.C.C., 2017. Evaluation of the Passive Cooling Strategies for Pei Min Sport Complex. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 217, No. 1, p. 012025). IOP Publishing Ltd.
Research Grants and Consultancy Projects
Fundamental of Research Grant Scheme (FRGS) RM100,000
Title: “Flow Physics Modelling and Design Optimization of an Exhaust-air Energy Extractor in the Cooling Tower Applications”
Demand-Driven Innovation Project By Public-Private Research Network (PPRN) RM31,200
Title: “Microwave Kiln for Beads Production”