Prof. Dr. Vincent Lee Chieng Chen
Professor Dr. Vincent Lee Chieng Chen
Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor, Office of Pro Vice-Chancellor
PhD CSci CEng IntPE (UK) PMP EngTech
Professor | Department of Mechanical Engineering | Faculty of Engineering and Science
Contact Details Telephone: +60 85 630100 Extn: 2702 | Location: Heron 1 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Profiles: Scopus
Research Interests: Non-linear Mechanics, Engineering Education
- Professor, Faculty of Engineering and Science, Curtin University Malaysia (2021-present)
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science, Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak (2020-2021)
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering and Science, Curtin University Malaysia (2017-2019)
- Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering and Science, Curtin University Malaysia (2015-2016)
- Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering and Science, Curtin University Malaysia (2013-2014)
- Project Consultant, Curtin BioValley (2022)
- Committee, Institute of Materials Malaysia Vibration Committee (2018-2021)
- Executive Committee, Institute of Material Malaysia Miri Chapter (2016-2019)
- Member of Board of Directors, Business Events Sarawak (2019)
- Project Consultant, Curtin Consultancy Services (2018)
- Research Engineer, Research and Development Department, Daikin Malaysia (2012)
Fellowships, Awards, and Achievements
- Rising Star under 35, The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (2019)
- Young Member Award, The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (2018)
- Anak Sarawak Appreciation Award, Business Events Sarawak (2018)
- National Science Fellowship, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (2009-2012)
- Board of Engineers Malaysia, Malaysia
- Engineering Council, United Kingdom
- Science Council, United Kingdom
- Energy Institute, United Kingdom
- Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom
- Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, United Kingdom
- Institute of Materials Malaysia, Malaysia
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers, United Kingdom
- Project Management Institute, United States of America
- Lee, G. L., Law, M. C., & Lee, V. C. C. (2021). Numerical modelling and investigation of microwave heating and boiling phenomena in binary liquid mixtures using OpenFOAM. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 159, 106538.
Lee, G. L., Law, M. C., & Lee, V. C. C. (2020). Numerical modelling of liquid heating and boiling phenomena under microwave irradiation using OpenFOAM. International journal of heat and mass transfer, 148, 119096.
Lee, G. L., Law, M. C., & Lee, V. C. C. (2019). Model development and simulation of nucleate pool boiling in OpenFoam: Boiling physics in bulk liquid and roles of freeboard region. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 140, 255-279.
Lee, G. L., Law, M. C., & Lee, V. C. C. (2019). Modelling of liquid heating subject to simultaneous microwave and ultrasound irradiation. Applied Thermal Engineering, 150, 1126-1140.
Yeong, S. P., Law, M. C., You, K. Y., Chan, Y. S., & Lee, V. C. C. (2019). A coupled electromagnetic-thermal-fluid-kinetic model for microwave-assisted production of Palm Fatty Acid Distillate biodiesel. Applied Energy, 237, 457-475.
For the list of recent publications, please refer to Scopus
Grants and Projects
- Assessing student competencies through flipped open-ended laboratory (2021) MYR 5,000.
First year students’ active learning experiences through engagement with indigenous community-based projects (2019) MYR 2,000.
Mathematical formulation and analysis of boiling heat and mass transfer subject to simultaneous microwave ultrasound irradiation (2018) MYR 92,800.
Finite element modelling and verification study of a helideck perimeter net (2018) MYR 30,000.
Impact of palm oil based minimum quantity of lubrication on machinability of Ti and its alloy (Ti-6Al-4V) (2018) MYR 70,000.
A blended-learning approach to teach Engineering Mechanics (2018) MYR 2,000.
Enhancing machinability of nickel super alloys using advanced tools in end milling operation (2014) MYR 113,400.
- Development, numerical modelling and experimental verification of a microwave-heated and cavitation-induced distillation vessel to improve the cold flow properties of palm oil biodiesel (2014) MYR 122,000.