Dr. Sung Aun Naa
Ir. Dr. Sung Aun Naa
PhD (Manufacturing Technology), BSc Engineering (Mech)
Lecturer | Department of Mechanical Engineering | Faculty of Engineering and Science
Contact Details Telephone: +60 85 443939 Extn: 2428 | Location: Skylark (SK3)-328 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Interests: Machine Vision, Augmented Reality, Manufacturing Process, Precision Engineering and Measurement, Cutting Tool Technology, Surface Metrology
- Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering and Science, Curtin University Malaysia (10/2016 – Till date)
Fellowships, Awards, Certifications, Achievements and Appointments
- Universiti Sains Malaysia Graduate Assistant Scheme (2012-2014)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia Fellowship scheme (2014-2016)
- Award of Dean’s Honors in 1st semester of undergraduate study (1998)
- Appointments in Curtin University, Malaysia
- Member of Industrial and External Relations committee (since 2016)
- Coordinator of Industrial Advisory Panel (since 2018)
- Member of Board of Examination (since 2016)
- Member of Material and Structure researcher cluster (since 2016)
- Member of Innovation and Commercialization group (since 2017)
- Examiner of Mechanical Engineering Research Project (since 2016)
- Member, Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Graduate Member, The Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM)
- Member, The Institute of Engineers Australlia (MIEAust)
Additional Professional Activities
- Reviewer of OCPC conference (Miri, Sarawak) – Curtin University Malaysia, Miri (2017)
- Member of International Advisory Committee – ICRAIEM 2018 conference (Penang) – University Sains Malaysia, Penang (2018)
- Committee, Session chair and presenter – MIMEC conference (Miri, Sarawak) – Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Johor (2017)
Research and Collaboration Opportunities
- Cutting Tool Technology in precision engineering.
- Machine vision of inspection of surface roughness in turning.
- Machine vision of inspection of weld seam.
- Sorting process based on size and color using image processing.
- Augmented reality application in assembly process and maintenance procedure.
- Sung A. N., Ratnam M. M., Loh W. P., (2016) Simulation Approach for surface roughness interval prediction in finish turning, International Journal of Simulation Modelling 15 (1), doi:10.2507/IJSIMM15(1)4.320.42, IF: 1.77,
- Sung A. N., Ratnam M. M., Loh W. P., (2015) Effect of tool nose profile tolerance on surface roughness in finish turning, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 76 (9-12): 2083-2098, doi:10.1007/s00170-014-6430-2, IF: 1.779
- Sung A. N., Ratnam M. M., Loh W. P., (2014) Effect of wedge angle on surface roughness in finish turning: analytical and experimental study, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 74(1): 139 – 150. doi:10.1007/s00170-014-5899-z, IF: 1.779
Book/ Book Chapters
Sung A.N., Ratnam M.M., Loh W.P. (2012) Effect of Tool Nose Profile Tolerance on Surface Roughness in Precision Turning. In: Ponnambalam S.G., Parkkinen J., Ramanathan K.C. (eds) Trends in Intelligent Robotics, Automation, and Manufacturing. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 330, 475 – 482, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 978-3-642-35196-9, doi:10.1007/978-3-642-35197-6_53
- Sung A. N., Ratnam M. M., Loh W. P., (2011) Simulation of surface roughness and topography in finish turning using digital image subtraction, IEEE International Conference on Computer Applications and Industrial Electronics (ICCAIE), Penang, Malaysia, 355 – 360, doi:10.1109/ICCAIE.2011.6162160