Mahzan Bin Johar
Dr. Mahzan Bin Johar
PhD (Mech), MEng (Manufacturing), Bsc. Eng (Material)
Lecturer | Department of Mechanical Engineering | Faculty of Engineering and Science
Contact Details Telephone: +60 85 63 0100 Extn: 2431 | Location: Skylark (SK3)-362 | Email: email@example.com
- ResearcherID Profile: Mahzan Johar
- Google Scholar Profile: Mahzan Johar Link: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ZnQ_qwMAAAAJ&hl=en
- Publons Profile: Mahzan Johar
- ORCID Profile: Mahzan Johar Link: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1833-2655
- ResearchGate Profile:Mahzan Johar https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mahzan_Johar
Research Interests: Durability of Engineering Materials, Adhesive Joints, Computational Solid Mechanics, Natural Fiber Composites, Biomechanics
Mahzan Johar received his Bsc. Eng in Material Engineering and M.Eng Manufacturing Engineering from Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM) and PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). He is currently working as a lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Curtin University Sarawak Malaysia. His research interests are in progressive damage of structures and computational mechanics.
- Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering and Science, Curtin University Malaysia (01/2021 – Till date).
- Associate Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering and Science, Curtin University Malaysia (2/2020 – 12/2020).
- Research Assistant at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Dates (2016-2019).
- Membership of Graduate Technologist
- Technical Committee Member 36th International Electronics Manufacturing Technology Conference 11th Nov – 13th Nov. 2014, Johor, Malaysia, http://ewh.ieee.org/r10/malaysia/cpmt/
- Competitive Manufacturing Processes
- Material Engineering
- Johar, H. Kang, W. Chong, and K. J. Wong, (2019) “Effects of moisture absorption on the different modes of carbon/epoxy composites delamination,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, Vol. 165, pp117- 125.
- Rajendran, M. Johar, K. Low, S. Abu Hassan, and K.J. Wong, (2019) “Interlaminar fracture toughness of a plain weave flax/epoxy composite,” Plastics, Rubber and Composites, pp. 74-81.
- Johar, H. Kang, W. Chong, and K. J. Wong, (2018) “A further generalized thicknes dependent nonFickian moisture absorption model using plain woven epoxy composites,” Polymer Testing.
- Johar, K. Low, H. Israr, and K. J.Wong, (2018)”Mode I and mode II delamination of a chopped strand mat E-glass reinforced vinyl ester composite,” Plastics, Rubber and Composits, vol. 47, pp. 391-397,.
- Johar, K.J. Wong and M. N. Tamin (2018) “Non-Fickian Absorption Characteristics of Adhesive Joints: Capillary Effects and Residual Properties” in International Journal of Integrated Engineering.
- Johar, H. A. Israr, K. O. Low, and K. J. Wong, (2017) “Numerical simulation methodology for mode II delamination of quasi-isotropic quasi-homogeneous composite laminates,” Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 51, pp. 3955-3968.
- Khoo, M. Johar, K. Low, and K. Wong, (2017) “Interfacial shear strength characterization of alkali treated bamboo bundle–polyester composites using an improved technique,” Plastics, Rubber and Composites, vol. 46, pp. 450-457.
- Johar, K. J. Wong, and M. N. Tamin, (2014) “Characteristics of Adhesive Joints under RateDependent Tensile Loading,” in Applied Mechanics and Materials, pp. 618-622.
- Johar, M. S. E. Kosnan, and M. N. Tamin, (2014) “Cyclic Cohesive Zone Model for Simulation of Fatigue Failure Process in Adhesive Joints,” in Applied Mechanics and Materials, pp. 217-221.
- Low, K. O., Teng, S., Johar, M., Israr, H. A., & Wong, K. J. (2019). Mode I delamination behaviour of carbon/epoxy composite at different displacement rates. Composites Part B: Engineering, 176, 107293.
- Johar, K. J. Wong, and M. N. Tamin, (2017)”Mixed-Mode Delamination Failures of Quasi Isotropic Quasi-Homogeneous Carbon/Epoxy Laminated Composite,” in Failure Analysis and Prevention, ed: InTech,.
- Ng, W. K., Johar, H. A. Israr, and K. J. Wong. “A review on the interfacial characteristics of natural fibre reinforced polymer composites.” In Interfaces in Particle and Fibre Reinforced Composites, pp. 163-198. Woodhead Publishing, 2020.
- T. S. Rajendran, M. Johar, S. A. Hassan, and K. J. Wong, (2019) “Mode I and Mode II Delamination of Flax/Epoxy Composite Laminate,” in MATEC Web of Conferences. p. 01002.
- M. Johar, K. J. Wong, and M. N. Tamin, (2017) “Rate-dependent degradation of moistureabsorbed adhesive joints,” in Power Generation Systems and Renewable Energy Technologies (PGSRET), 3rd International Conference on, 2017, pp. 169-173. (Scopus indexed)
- M. Johar, S. Asasaari, and M. N. Tamin, (2014) “Strain rate-dependent deformation and failure process of adhesive joints,” in Electronics Manufacturing Technology Conference (IEMT), 2014 IEEE 36th International, pp. 1-5. (Scopus indexed)
- M. Johar, HA Israr, K. J. Wong, and M. N. Tamin, (2017) Mode II Delamination of Chopped Strand Mat EGlass Reinforced Vinyl Ester Composite,”1st Multidisciplinary Conference on Mechanical Engineering 29 November 2016, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai, Johor