Dr. Mahmood Anwar
PhD(Biomaterials), MEng (Thermofluids), BSc Eng (Mechanical), SFHEA, FIMM, CEng MIMMM, P.Tech. (MBOT), M.ASME, M.TMS
Senior Lecturer | Department of Mechanical Engineering | Faculty of Engineering and Science
Contact Details Telephone: +60 85 443939 Extn: 2480 | Location: Skylark (SK3)-437 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Biomaterials, Liquid Metals and Advanced Ceramics.
- Nanomaterials, Materials Characterization and Corrosion Engineering
- Materials for High Voltage Engineering.
- Thermoacoustics and acoustic materials.
- Surface Engineering and coatings (Thermal oxidation, CVD and PVD, etc.)
- Radiation Shielding Materials and Nuclear Engineering.
- Engineering Education.
- ORCID Profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7380-9439
- ResearchGate Profile:
- Personal Website: https://engsci.curtin.edu.my/departments/mechanical-engineering/staff/mahmood-anwar/
- Senior Lecturer, University, Dates (12/ 2017 to up to date)
- Lecturer, University, Dates (09/ 2014 to 11/2017)
- Engineer / Research Scientist, Hitachi CFP Pty Ltd (Singapore), Dates (2012 – 2014)
Fellowships, Awards, Certifications and Achievements
- Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy (HEA, UK).
- Fellow of IMM (Institute of Materials, Malaysia).
- CEng MIMMM (IOM3, UK).
- P.Tech. (MBOT, Malaysia).
- Certified Coating Fingerprint Quality Controller (IMM, Malaysia).
- Certified PREP Reviewer, LITEC, Curtin University.
- Program Coordinator, Dept. of Mechancal Engineering (07/2016-06/2018).
- Auditor, Academic Audit Panel for PhD and Bachelor of Commerce degree, Faculty of Business, Curtin University (July-October/2017 and July/2018).
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Member, IOM3 (Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining Engineers, UK).
- Member, TMS (The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society, USA).
- Member, ASTM (American Society of Testing and Materials).
- Member, IET (The Institution of Engineers & Technology, UK).
Additional Professional Activities
- Guest Editor (Materials Section): SOMChE2016
- Reviewer (Journals): JOM -Springer/BEPAM-Emerald/ MSE-Springer
- Taskforce Member: (i) IMM Coating Fingerprint Committee, Malaysia (2016-2020); (ii) Nanotechnology Education Committee, ASTM, USA (2016-2017).
- Session Chair, Conferences/international seminars: DuraBi 2018, 9th SOMChe 2016, 7th ICMST, 4th ICAMT 2015 and CUTSE 2018, 2014.
- Council Member, The Institute of Materials Malaysia (2020-2022).
- Deputy Chair, IMM-MBOT Assessment Panel (2020-2022).
- Co-Chair, IMM-Standards Development Committee (2020-2022).
- Debnath, S., Anwar, M., Basak, A. K., & Pramanik, A. (2020). Use of palm Olein as cutting fluid during turning of mild steel. Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 1-11. (Thomson ISI Indexed).
- Sujan Debnath, Tan Ke Khieng, Mahmood Anwar, Animesh Kumar Basak and Alokesh Pramanik, “Strain Rate Sensitivity of Epoxy Composites Reinforced with Varied Sizes of Bagasse Particles”, Journal of Composite Science, 2020, 4(3),110, 2020 (Thomson ISI Indexed).
- Mohammad Asyraf, Mahmood Anwar, Sumaiya Islam, Sujan Debnath, Jerren Wong and S. Izman, “Evolution of Electrical Behavior Due to Nanosilver Concentration Influence on Nanosilver-Doped Poly-Phenylene-Sulfide Polymer Conductor”, JOM, The Journal of the Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS), Springer, Vol 71 (9), 3293- 3297, 2019 (Q1, IF= 2.7).
- Mas Ayu, H., Daud, R., Kurniawan, T., Alias, J., Izman, S., Shah, A., Anwar, M., “Improving biocompatibility of cobalt based alloy using chemical etching and mechanical treatment”, Materialwissenschaft und Werkstofftechnik, Wiley, Vol 50 (3), 254-259, 2019 (Q3, IF= 0.55).
- Mas Ayu, S. Izman, R. Daud, A. Shah, Mahmood Anwar, G. Krishnamurithy, T. Kamarul, “In-Vitro Biocompatibility Study of Hydroxyapatite Coated On Co-Cr-Mo with Oxide Interlayer”, Jurnal Teknologi, Vol 80 (1), 35-42, 2018 (Scopus).
- Mohammad Asyraf, Mahmood Anwar, Law Ming Sheng, and Michael K. Danquah, “Recent Development of Nanomaterial-Doped Conductive Polymers”, JOM, The Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS), Springer, Vol 69 (12), 2515-2523,2017 (IF= 1.798).
- Caleb Acquah, Michael K. Danquah, Charles K. S. Moy, Mahmood Anwar, and Clarence M. Ongkudon, “Thermogravimetric characterisation of ex situ polymethacrylate (EDMA-co-GMA) monoliths”, The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Wiley, Vol 95 (7), 1345-1351,2017 (IF= 1.356).
- Caleb Acquah, Michael K. Danquah, Charles K. S. Moy, Mahmood Anwar, and Clarence M. Ongkudon, “Parametric investigation of polymethacrylate monolith synthesis and stability via thermogravimetric characterisation”, The Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, Wiley, Vol. 12: 352–364, 2017 (IF= 0.836).
- Mohd Rosdzimin Abdul Rahman, Kin Yuen Leong, Azam Che Idris, Mohd Rashdan Saad, Mahmood Anwar, “Numerical analysis of the forced convective heat transfer on Al2O3–Cu/water hybrid nanofluid”, Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Springer, Vol (52),no. 12, 2016 (IF= 1.04).
- Rahman MRA, Leong KY, Idris AC, Saad MR, Anwar M., “Nanofluid heat transfer between concentric independently rotating tubes with axial flow”. Journal of Physics: Conference Series 822(1): Article number 012034 (Thomson Reuters).
- Mohammad A, Mahmood A, Chin KT, Danquah MK, Van Stratan S., “Nano silver diffusion behaviour on conductive polymer during doping process for high voltage application.” IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 206 (2017) 012048. (Thomson Reuters).
- Rajamohan, G., Kumar, P., Anwar, M., Mohanraj, T. (2017) Analysis of solar water heater with parabolic dish concentrator and conical absorber, IOP Conference Series: materials Science and Engineering 206: Article number 012030. (Thomson Reuters).
- Mahmood Anwar, S. Izman, Mohammed Rafiq Abdul-Kadir, E. M. Nazim, Aini Abdul Kadir, M. Konneh and M.A. Hassan, “Elemental Diffusion Behaviour of Biomedical Grade Titanium Alloy Through Thermal Oxidation”, International Journal of Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 819 (2016), pp.591-595.
- Yahaya, E. M. Nazim, M.H. Idris, M.S. Dambatta, Mahmood Anwar and S.Izman, “Thermal Response of Activated Charcoal Modified Investment Casting Alloy Moulds”, International Journal of Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 1125 (2015), pp.181-185 (Scopus).
- Shah , S. Izman, Mohammed Rafiq Abdul-Kadir, H. Mas Ayu，Mahmood Anwar, and Azanizawati Ma’aram (2013), “Influence of Bias Voltage on Corrosion Resistance of TiN Coated on Biomedical TiZrNb alloy”, International Journal of Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 845 (2014), pp.436-440 (Scopus).
- Izman , A. Shah , Mohammed Rafiq Abdul-Kadir, E. M. Nazim ，Mahmood Anwar, and M. A. Hassan (2012), Effect of thermal oxidation temperature on rutile structure formation of biomedical TiZrNb alloy, International Journal of Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 393-395 ( 2012), pp.704-705 (Scopus).
- Izman , M. A. Hassan, Mohammed Rafiq Abdul-Kadir, M. R. Abdullah, Mahmood Anwar, A.Shah and R. Daud (2012), Effect Of Pretreatment Process On Thermal Oxidation Of Biomedical Grade Cobalt Based Alloy, International Journal of Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 399-401( 2012), pp.1564-1567 (Scopus).
- Izman , Mohammed Rafiq Abdul-Kadir , Mahmood Anwar , E. M. Nazim, Adila Nalisa and M.Konneh, “Effect of carburization process on adhesion strength of Ti carbide layer on Titanium alloy substrate”, Intl. J. of Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 197-198(2011),pp.219-224 (Scopus).
- Izman , Mohammed Rafiq Abdul-Kadir , Mahmood Anwar , E. M. Nazim, L.Y. Kuan and E.K. Khor, “Effect of pickling process on adhesion strength of Ti oxide layer on Titanium alloy substrate”, Intl. J. of Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 146-147( 2011), pp.1621-1630. (Scopus).
- M. Ghazalli, Mahmood Anwar and M.A. Settar, “Thermoacoustic Cooling with No Refrigerant”, Intl. Journal of Technology, 2011, Vol. 2 (3), Pages 234-241 (Scopus).
- Mohammad Asyraf, Mahmood Anwar, Scott Van Stratten, Sujan Debnath and Izman Sudin, “Temperature Effect on the Electrical Behaviour of Nanosilver Doped Conductive Polymer”, DuraBI 2018 (won the Best Paper Award), Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Mahmood Anwar, “Light Weight Radiation Shielding Material for Nuclear Disaster Management”, CARE-RISK 2015, KL, Malaysia.
- S. Izman , Mohammed Rafiq Abdul-Kadir, Mahmood Anwar, E. M. Nazim , E. K. Khor and M. Konneh, “Effect of pickling and mechanical surface treatment methods on adhesion strength of Ti oxide layer formed on Titanium alloy substrate”, 34th International Electronic Manufacturing Technology Conference (IEMT2010), 30th Nov-2nd Dec, Melaka, Malaysia , 2010.
- S. Izman , Mohammed Rafiq Abdul-Kadir , Mahmood Anwar , E. M. Nazim and L.Y. Kuan, “Effect of pickling time on adhesion strength of ti oxide layer on titanium alloy substrate”,7th International Materials Technology Conference and Exhibition(IMTCE 2010),13-16 June 2010,Sarawak , Malaysia.
- S. Izman , Mohammed Rafiq Abdul-Kadir , Mahmood Anwar , E. M. Nazim and T.H. Kiat, “Effective etchant of removing graphite for recycling diamond coated tool”, 7th International Materials Technology Conference and Exhibition(IMTCE 2010),13-16 June 2010,Sarawak , Malaysia.
- S. Izman , Mohammed Rafiq Abdul-Kadir , E. M. Nazim , and Mahmood Anwar , “Initial study on ultra-precision grinding performance of bondless and bonded diamond wheel”, 7th International Materials Technology Conference and Exhibition(IMTCE 2010),13-16 June 2010,Sarawak , Malaysia.
- N.M. Ghazalli and Mahmood Anwar, “Counter-Top Thermoacoustic Refrigerator- An Experimental Investigation”, 10th Asian Intl. Conference on Fluid Machinery, Kuala Lumpur, October-2009, Malaysia.
- Kahar Osman1, Massharudin Su , Mohd Zamani Ngali and Mahmood Anwar , “Thermal Optimization of Electronic Equipment: Form Factor Improvement”, 21th European Modeling and Simulation Symposium, November 2009, Greece.
- N.M. Ghazalli and Mahmood Anwar, “Thermoacoustic Cooling: Counter-Top Design and Fabrication”, CAFEO 27, 30 Nov-2nd Dec, 2009, Singapore.
- C.C. Lee and Mahmood Anwar, “Work-Integrated Learning in Engineering Education at Curtin University Malaysia”, Materials Mind, Issue 12, 2018, Malaysia.
- Normah Mohd. Ghazali and Mahmood Anwar, 2009, “A Correlation between theoretical and operating resonance frequency for an Applied Thermoacoustic Refrigerator”, PI 2009 3857, Malaysia (Filing Process).
Research Grants and Consultancy Projects
- Co-Researcher, Nanomilling Hydrothermal/Enzymatic Treatment towards Lignin Isolation from Oil Palm Empty Fruit Bunch in Sarawak, SRDC 2020, Sarawak Research and Development Council, Sarawak State Govt., Malaysia, 2020, RM 50,000.
- Principal Researcher, Matrix Density Influence on Dispersion Behaviour of Oil Palm Filler Reinforced Epoxy Green Nanocomposite, FRGS 2019, RM 103,200.00, Ministry of Education, Malaysia, 2019.
- Co-Researcher, Vegetable Nanofluid Based MQL Influence on End Milling Machinability of Nickel Alloy, Curtin Malaysia Higher Degree Research Grant (CMHDR), RM 75,600.00, 2020.
- Principal Researcher, Enhancing Future Employability Skills Through Innovative Teaching Delivery in Manufacturing Processes Course Incorporating Library Facility Curtin Malaysia Teaching Innovation Project (CMTIP) Scheme, RM 2,000.00, 2019.
- Co-Researcher, Chemical modification of thermal spray deposited coating to enhance corrosion resistance properties via sealing pore mechanism, Curtin Malaysia Research Institute Project (CMRI), RM 90,000.00, 2018.
- Principal Researcher, Acoustic Analysis and Noise Control of Nut Polishing Station Through Acoustic Transmission Technology in Palm Oil Mill, Industrial Funded Project, (approximately RM 12,000.00), 2017.
- Principal Researcher, Automated Sludge Measurement for Palm Oil Effluent Pond Cleaning Using SONAR Technology, Industrial Funded Project, (approximately RM 15,000.00), 2017.
- Principal Researcher, Acoustic Analysis and Noise Control of Kernel Recovery Nut Cracking Station in Palm Oil Mill, Industrial Funded Project, (approximately RM 32,000.00), 2016.
- Principal Researcher, Light Weight Radiation Shielding Material for Nuclear Disaster Management, Capacity building to reduce disaster RISK in the UK and Malaysia, UK-Malaysia Research Links Workshop Travel Grant (Newton Fund-British Council), RM 2,000.00, 2015.