Dr. Daniel Tang Kuok Ho
Dr. Daniel Tang Kuok Ho
Ph.D., M.Sc., B.Sc.
Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
Tel: +60 85 443939 Ext: 2516
Fax: +60 85 443838
Location: Skylark 3.L3.414
ResearcherID Profile: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/V-3988-2018
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=fqgJc5EAAAAJ&hl=e
ORCID Profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4474-7766
ResearchGate Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Daniel_Tang_Kuok_Ho
Dr. Daniel Tang Kuok Ho obtained his PhD (Safety) from the University of Malaya, MSc in Environmental Engineering from the University of Nottingham (UK) and BSc in Chemistry and Biology from Campbell University (USA). He has also obtained Certificate IV in Training and Assessment awarded by GippsTAFE Australia and Advanced Diploma of Ministry by Christian Leaders Institute.
Dr. Daniel is a member of the Energy Institute (EI) UK and is registered as a Chartered Energy Engineer with the EI. He is also an EIA consultant registered with both the State and Federal environmental agencies and has accumulated vast experience in managing environmental projects particularly environmental impact assessment and management plans. He is currently active in consultancy as well as research related to health, safety, environment and sustainability.
- Ph.D. Safety, University of Malaya – 2018
- M. Sc. Environmental Engineering (University of Nottingham) – 2006
- B. Sc. Chemistry and Biology (Campbell University) – 2005
- TAE Cert IV in Training and Assessment, GippsTAFE– 2013
- Advanced Diploma in Ministry, Christian Leaders Institute
Environmental Engineer, Environmental Consultancy (Feb 2007 – Feb 2012)
Fellowships, Awards, Certifications, Achievements and Appointments
- Auditor of MQA Self-accreditation report and progress reports for various courses (2013-2018)
- Committee member of CUTSE International Conference 2015
- Committee member of the Young Entrepreneurship Camp in conjunction with the 3rd ASIAN SME Conference & Meeting 2015
- Reviewer of the following journals:
- American Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Journal of Plant Sciences and Crop Protection
- International Journal of Tropical Diseases
- Stechnolock Journal of Biology
- Sustainable Cities and Society
- Member, Chartered Engineer and Chartered Energy Engineer, Energy Institute (UK)
- Member, Institute of Chemistry Malaysia (Malaysia)
- EIA Consultant, Natural Resources and Environment Board (Sarawak, Malaysia)
- EIA Consultant, Department of Environment (Malaysia)
Deputy Secretary of Institut Kimia Malaysia Kuching Branch (2012-2013)
Engineering Foundations: Principles and Communication; Engineering Sustainable Development; Climate Change and Adaptation; Environmental Impact Assessment; Environmental Law and Regulations; Environmental Considerations in Construction
3 UG (Completed）2 UG (Ongoing)
- Tang, D. K. H., Md. Dawal, S. Z., & Olugu, E. U. (2018). Integrating fuzzy expert system and scoring system for safety performance evaluation of offshore oil and gas platforms in Malaysia. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. Revised Article Submitted.
- Tang, D. K. H., Md. Dawal, S. Z., & Olugu, E. U. (2018). Actual safety performance of the Malaysian offshore oil platforms: Correlations between the leading and lagging indicators. Journal of Safety Research, 66(2018), 9-19.
- Tang, D. K. H., Md. Dawal, S. Z., & Olugu, E. U. (2018). A review of the offshore oil and gas safety indices. Safety Science, 109(2018), 344-352. Tang, D. K. H., Md. Dawal, S. Z., & Olugu, E. U. (2017). Factors affecting safety of processes in the Malaysian oil and gas industry. Safety Science, 92 (2017), 44-52.
- Tang, D. K. H. (2017). Impacts of sustainability education on the beliefs and attitudes of engineering students towards sustainability. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 19(3), 459-472.
- Tang, D. K. H., & Intai, R. (2017). Effectiveness of audio-visual aids in teaching lower secondary science in a rural secondary school. Asia Pacific Journal of Educators and Education, 32(2017), 141-157.
- Tang, D. K. H., Md. Dawal, S. Z., & Olugu, E. U. (2017, November). Integrating fuzzy expert system and scoring system for safety performance evaluation of offshore oil and gas platforms in Malaysia. Paper presented at the Borneo Research Education Conference (BREC 2017), 6-7 November 2017 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Tang, D. K. H., Md. Dawal, S. Z., & Olugu, E. U. (2017, December). Actual safety performance of the Malaysian offshore oil platforms: Correlations between the leading and lagging indicators. Paper presented at the One Curtin International Postgraduate Conference (OCPC 2017), 10-12 December 2017, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Tang, D. K. H. (2016, May). Ecological footprint analysis of electricity and water usage of Curtin University Sarawak. Paper presented at the 33rd Annual Pan-Pacific Conference, 25-28 May 2016, Miri, Malaysia
- Tang, D. K. H., & Kurnia, K (2015). Perception of 2014 Semester 2 Foundation Engineering Students of Curtin University Sarawak on the Usage of Moodle for Learning, the 3rd International Conference on Higher Education Teaching and Learning, 26-27 November 2015, Miri, Malaysia.
- Tang, D. K. H., Md. Dawal, S. Z., & Olugu, E. U. (2015, September). Factors affecting safety of processes in the Malaysian oil and gas industry. Paper presented at the 4th International Conference on Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 20-22 September 2015, Skudai, Johor, Malaysia.
Research Grants and Consultancy Projects
1. Digitizing Agricultural Plantation Areas into the Sarawak Map, Government of Sarawak, co-investigator, RM60000, ongoing
2. A study on municipal solid waste management in northern Sarawak, Eco-Ideal Consulting Sdn Bhd, co-investigator, RM15000, ongoing
3. EIA for the Proposed Establishment of a Used Oil Storage (Offsite) and Recycling Facility at Sibiyu Light Industrial Estates, Jalan Bintulu-Sibu, Bintulu, Sarawak, Sama Fuel Sdn Bhd, team leader, RM100000, completed
4. PEIA for Pre-Development (Appraisal) Phase of Balai, Bentara, Spaoh and West Acis Fields (Balai Cluster Fields), Offshore Bintulu, Sarawak, BC Petroleum Sdn Bhd, team member, RM500000, completed
5. PEIA for the Proposed Scheduled Wastes Recovery Plant at Demak Laurt Industrial Area, Kuching, Sarawak, Victory Recovery Resources Sdn Bhd, team leader, RM150000, completed.
6. PEIA for Siakap North-Petai Deepwater Development, Murphy Sabah Co. Ltd., team member, RM 1.5mil, completed.
7. SEIA for the Proposed Tegulang Resettlement Site and Murum Service Centre, Murum, Belaga District, Kapit Division, Sarawak, Sarawak State Planning Unit, team member, RM1mil, completed.
8. DEIA for Proposed Integrated Ferro-Alloy Complex (Phase 1) in Samalaju Industrial Park, Bintulu, Sarawak, Asia Minerals Limited, team member, RM1.5mil, completed.
9. Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for Jalan Takan/ Ng. Tekalit (12 km), Song, Kapit, Sarawak, JKR, team leader, RM300000, completed.
10. Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the Proposed Murum Hydroelectric Project, Belaga District, Kapit Division, Sarawak, Sarawak Energy Berhad, team member, RM2mil, completed.
11. Other EIAs, environmental management plans and environmental projects for agricultural, infrastructural and realty development (to provide upon request)
5 UG (Completed) 3 UG (Ongoing)