Christine Yeo Wan Sieng
Ir. Dr. Christine Yeo Wan Sieng
PhD., MPhil. BEng. (Hons.)
PEng, AMIChemE, FHEA
Program Coordinator (Department of Engineering First Year and Foundation)
Location: Skylark 3 Room 344
Telephone: +60 85 630 100 Ext: 2471
Fax: +60 85 630 254
She is a lecturer in the Department of Chemical Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia. She obtained her PhD and MPhil in Chemical Engineering from Curtin University, and Bachelor degree (Hons) in Bioprocess (Chemical Engineering) from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. She also has working experience in both environmental and oil & gas industries before entering the academic field.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering (2019), Curtin University
- MPhil in Chemical Engineering (2014), Curtin University
- BEng in Bioprocess – Chemical Engineering (Hons) (2007), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Finalist for the Region Chemical Engineering Congress 2019
- Best Poster in 7th International Conference on Smart Computing and Communication (ICSCC 2019)
- Best Paper in One Curtin International Postgraduate Conference (OCPC 2018)
- Staff study support for Doctor of Philosophy by research, 2015 to 2019
- Curtin University Postgraduate Stipend Scholarship, 2013
- Curtin University, Higher Degree by Research Scholarship, 2011 to 2013
- Gold Medal and Dean List for overall excellent academic achievement, 2007
- Dean List Awards, 2003 to 2007
- Advisor for the Institute of Materials Malaysia Student Chapter, Curtin University Malaysia, 2020 – present
- Lecturer in Chemical Engineering Department, Curtin University Malaysia, 2019 – present
- Program Coordinator in Engineering First Year Department, Curtin University Malaysia, 2019 – present
- Associate Lecturer in Chemical Engineering Department, Curtin University Malaysia, 2014 – 2019
- Associate Lecturer in Engineering First Year Department, Curtin University Sarawak Campus, 2014
- Associate Lecturer in Foundation in Engineering and Science, Curtin University Sarawak Campus, 2013
- Teaching Assistant in Engineering First Year Department, Curtin University Sarawak Campus, 2011 – 2013
- Technical Support Engineer in Delta Region Engineering Sdn. Bhd., Sarawak, 2008 – 2010
- Environmental Engineer in Cahajasa Sdn. Bhd., Sabah, 2007 – 2008
- Chemical Engineer (Trainee) in Veolia Water System Industrial Service (M) Sdn. Bhd., Penang, 2006
- Inferential Sensor Design
- Process Integration for Pollution Prevention
- Hydrolysis of Palm Olein
- Agriculture Fertilizer (Paddy, Palm Oil and Pineapple)
- Wastewater Treatment
Research Project and Funding
- The Application of Stage-Released Fertilizer on Oil Palm Plantations and Paddy Field (Project Leader – Funded by Botanium Agro-Tech Sdn. Bhd., 2018 – 2021).
- Enhancing EFY Students’ Learning with Lot Project in this New Digital Era (Co-investigator – Funded by Curtin university Malaysia, RM2,000, 2019 – 2020).
Journal & Online Publications
- Shi Min Lim, Michelle Siao Li Lau, Edward Ing Jiun Tiong, Mun Min Goon, Roger Jhee Cheng Lau, Wan Sieng Yeo, Sie Yon Lau and Nabisab Mujawar Mubarak. “Process design and economic studies of two-step fermentation for production of ascorbic acid”, SN Applied Sciences 2:816. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-020-2604-8.
- Yeo, Wan Sieng, Agus Saptoro and Perumal Kumar. 2020. “Missing data treatment for locally weighted partial least square based modelling: A comparative study, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering. 15 (2): e2422. https://doi.org/10.1002/apj.2422.
- Yeo, Wan Sieng. “Adaptive Soft Sensors for Non-Gaussian Chemical Process Plant Data Based on Locally Weighted Partial Least Square.” PhD diss., Curtin University, 2019. https://espace.curtin.edu.au/handle/20.500.11937/77028
- Yeo, Wan Sieng, Agus Saptoro and Perumal Kumar. 2019. “Adaptive soft sensor development for non-Gaussian and nonlinear processes.” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research. 58(45):20680-20691. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.9b03821.
- Chin Hao Lai, Abdul Rasyid Harsha Settinayake, Wan Sieng Yeo, Shiew Wei Lau, Tze Khiun Jong. 2019. “Crop nutrients review and the impact of fertilizer on the plantation in Malaysia: a mini review.” Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 50(17): 2089-2105. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00103624.2019.1654510
- Vivianna Maria Mickel, Wan Sieng Yeo, and Agus Saptoro. 2019. “Evaluating the performance of newly integrated model in nonlinear chemical process against missing measurements.” Chemical Product and Process Modeling. 14 (4) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/cppm-2018-0066.
- Wan Sieng Yeo, and Adhi Yuniarto. 2019. “The external mass transfer model for the hydrolysis of palm olein using immobilized lipase in a scaled-up recirculated packed-bed reactor”. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 7: 103185 – 103192. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2019.103185.
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Yin Ling Tan, and Yudi Samyudia, 2018. “Development of an Integrated Technique for Energy and Property Integration in Batch Processes.” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 57(6): 2178 – 2191. DOI: 10.1021/acs.iecr.7b03803.
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Agus Saptoro and Perumal Kumar, 2017. Development of Adaptive Soft Sensor Using Locally Weighted Kernel Partial Least Square Model. Chemical Product and Process Modeling. 12(4): -. Retrieved 2nd Aug., from DOI: 10.1515/cppm-2017-0022.
- Agus Saptoro, Siaw Khur Wee, Shiew Wei Lau, Wendy Pei Qin Ng, Mahmood Anwar, Christine Yeo, Ee Huey Khor, 2017, Editorial Note: Special Issue of 29th Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers (SOMChE) 2016, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 206, 011001, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/206/1/011001 (Thomson Reuters’ Web of Science cited-publication).
- Yeo, Wan Sieng. “Development of systematic technique for energy and property integration in batch processes.” Master., Curtin University, 2013. https://espace.curtin.edu.au/handle/20.500.11937/2422
- Abdul Rasyid Harsha Settinayake, Chin Hao Lai, Wan Sieng Yeo, Shiew Wei Lau, Tze Khiun Jong. 2019. “Effect of Xpike fertilizer application on paddy plantations”. Regional Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Congress 2019 (RCEUC 2019), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 8th to 9th July 2019.
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Agus Saptoro, and Perumal Kumar. 2019. “Non Gaussian Locally Weighted Kernel PLS based Adaptive soft sensor.” 7th International Conference on Smart Computing and Communication 2019, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 28th to 30th June 2019.
- Chin Hao Lai, Abdul Rasyid Harsha Settinayake, Wan Sieng Yeo, Shiew Wei Lau, Tze Khiun Jong. “Effect of Xpike fertilizer application on palm oil plantation.” Imperial Hotel, 8th International Forum On Industrial Bioprocessing, IBA-IFIBiop 2019, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 1st to 5th May 2019.
- Vivianna Maria Mickel, Wan Sieng Yeo, and Agus Saptoro. 2018. “The development of trimmed scores regression locally weighted Kernel partial least squares for nonlinear chemical process data with missing measurements.” Proceeding of one Curtin international postgraduate conference (OCPC) 2018, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 26th to 28th November 2018.
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Agus Saptoro, and Perumal Kumar. 2018. “PLS based non-Adaptive and LW-PLS based Adaptive soft sensor development with missing data.” Proceeding of one Curtin international postgraduate conference (OCPC) 2018, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 26th to 28th November 2018.
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Agus Saptoro and Perumal Kumar. 2017. “Adaptive Soft Sensor based on modified locally weighted partial least square algorithm for non-Gaussian and nonlinear processes.” Proceeding of one Curtin international postgraduate conference (OCPC) 2017, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 10th to 12th December 2017.
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Agus Saptoro and Perumal Kumar. 2016. “Development of Adaptive Soft Sensor using Locally Weighted Kernel Partial Least Square Model.” 29th Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 1st to 3rd December 2016.
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Yin Ling Tan and Yudi Samyudia, Development of Systematic Technique for Property and Energy Integration in Batch Processes, Colloquium 2014, organized by Curtin University and co-organized by Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS), Miri, Sarawak.
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Yin Ling Tan and Yudi Samyudia, Synthesis of Heat and Property Integration in Batch Processes, 2nd Postgraduate Colloquium for Environmental Research 2013 (POCER 2013), Genting Highland, Pahang, 2013.
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Yin Ling Tan and Yudi Samyudia, Development of Systematic Technique for Property and Energy Integration in Continuous Process, 4th International Conference on Chemical & Bio Process Engineering (ICCBPE 2012) in conjunction with the 26th symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers (SOMCHE 2012), Sabah, 2012.
- Chemical Engineering Science
- Fellow Member, FIMM, The Institute of Materials, Malaysia (IMM), 2020
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, FHEA, 2020
- Professional Engineer, PE, The Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), 2019
- Corporate Member, MIEM, The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM), 2019
- Associate Member, AMIChemE, The Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) UK, 2015
- Graduate Engineer, GE, The Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), 2009