Au Pek Ing
Dr. Au Pek Ing
Telephone: +60 85 443939 Ext:2457
Location: Skylark 3 Room 357
- PhD in Chemical Engineering (2013-2016), The University of Western Australia
- BEng (Hons) in Chemical and Process Engineering (2009-2012), The University of Western Australia
- Colloid Chemistry
- Surface Chemistry
- Mineral Processing
- Surface Charge Properties
- Materials Characterisation
- Au P-I, Liu J, Leong Y-K. Yield stress and microstructure of washed oxide suspensions at the isoelectric point: experimental and model fractal structure. Rheologica Acta. 2016; 55:847-856.
- La LBT, Leong Y-K, Leatherday C, Au P-I, Hayward KJ, Zhang L-C. X-ray protection, surface chemistry and rheology of ball-milled submicron Gd2O3 aqueous suspension. 2016; 501:75-82.
- Huang W, Leong Y-K, Chen T, Au P-I, Liu X, Qiu Z. Surface Chemistry and Rheological Properties of API bentonite drilling fluid: pH effect, yield stress, zeta potential and ageing behavior. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 2016;146:561-569.
- La LBT, Leong Y-K, Watts HP, Au P-I, Hayward KJ, Zhang L-C. A novel approach for the preparation of nanosized Gd2O3 structure: The influence of surface force on the morphology of ball milled particles. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 2016;506(0):13-19.
- Au P-I, Leong Y-K. Surface Chemistry and Rheology of Slurries of Kaolinite and Montmorillonite from Different Sources. KONA Powder and Particle Journal. 2016;33:17-32.
- Au P-I, Pillai P, Leong Y-K. Ageing and collapse of Bentonite gels — Effects of Mg(II), Ca(II) and Ba(II) ions. Applied Clay Science. 2015;114:141-50.
- Au P-I, Hassan S, Liu J, Leong Y-K. Behaviour of LAPONITE® gels: Rheology, ageing, pH effect and phase state in the presence of dispersant. Chemical Engineering Research and Design. 2015;101:65-73.
- Au P-I, Leong Y-K. Surface chemistry and rheology of LAPONITE® dispersions — Zeta potential, yield stress, ageing, fractal dimension and pyrophosphate. Applied Clay Science. 2015;107(0):36-45.
- Au P-I, Clode P, Smart RSC, Leong Y-K. Surface chemistry–microstructure–rheology of high and low crystallinity KGa-1b and KGa-2 kaolinite suspensions. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 2015;484:354-64.
- Au P-I, Leong Y-K. Fragmentation of polymer-bridged silica flocs by high shear impact: experiment and population balance modelling. Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering. 2015;10(4):542-55. (Chemeca 2014 Special Issue).
- Au P-I, Foo B, Leong Y-K, Zhang W-L, Choi H-J. Rheological analysis of graphene oxide coated anisotropic PMMA microsphere based electrorheological fluid from Couette flow cell. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. 2015;21(0):172-177.
- Au P-I, Siow S-Y, Avadiar L, Lee E-M, Leong Y-K. Muscovite mica and kaolin slurries: Yield stress-volume fraction and deflocculation point zeta potential comparison. Powder Technology. 2014;262(0):124-130.
- Au P-I, Leong Y-K, Liu J. Sequential yield stress and zeta potential measurements on the same suspensions for platelet and spherical alumina. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 2014;441(0):360-6.
- Au P-I, Leong Y-K. Rheological and zeta potential behaviour of kaolin and bentonite composite slurries. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 2013;436(0):530-541.
- Au P-I, Leong Y-K. Population balance modelling of the fragmentation of polymer bridged silica flocs in a Taylor-Couette flow cell. 5th International Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering (ICCBPE), Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, 9-12 December 2015.
- Au P-I, Leong Y-K. Fragmentation of polymer-bridged silica flocs by high shear impact: Experiment and population balance modelling. Chemeca 2014: Processing excellence Powering our future, Perth, Australia, 28 September – 1 October 2014, pp 734-763. (peer-reviewed).
- Au P-I, Leong Y-K. Behaviour of LAPONITE® gels – ageing, yield stress, pyrophosphate and zeta potential. Chemeca 2014: Processing excellence Powering our future, Perth, Australia, 28 September – 1 October 2014, pp 278-297. (peer-reviewed).