Dr. B. Mohan KumarPosted date:
Dr. B. Mohan Kumar
Ph.D, (USM), Malaysia
M.Tech (National Institute of Technology (NIT), India
B.E., (National Institute of Technology (NIT), India
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Telephone: +60 85 443939 (Extn: 2476)
Fax: +60 85 443837
Location: Skylark 3 (SK3) Room 310
Dr. Mohan Kumar is a Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering and Science. Dr. Mohan Kumar obtained his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Science Malaysia. He got his M.Tech and B.E in Mechanical Engineering from the National Institute of Technology (N I T), Trichy, India. Dr. Mohan Kumar joined Curtin University; Sarawak Campus in 2008.He has seventeen years of teaching experience and six years of industrial experience. Prior to his current academic position, Dr.Mohan Kumar worked as a Senior Lecturer at TAFE West Malaysia. He is a registered supervisor in Curtin University, Australia for PhD and Master. His research area mainly focuses on Optical Metrology, Automatic Visual Inspection, and Mechatronics.
- Senior Lecturer, School of Engineering & Science, Curtin University, Malaysia [2008 – Present]
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, TAFE West Malaysia. [2005 – 2008] (Franchised with Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU, UK).
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, ARJCET India. [2003 – 2005]
- Research Associate, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT, Tamil Nadu, India. [2001 – 2003]
- Machine vision: Automated inspection, tool wear study, surface measurement, image processing, Automatic Visual Inspection.
- Mechatronics : Robotics , Automatic Control
Emerald Literati Award 2016 – Highly Commended Paper Award (B.M. Kumar, M.M. Ratnam, Machine vision method for the non-contact measurement of surface roughness of a rotating workpiece, Sensor Review 35(1) (2015):10-19 – Emerald Literati Network.
The details can be obtained
- Life member, Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE)
- Member, Indian Society for Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering (ISAMPE)
- Member, Association for Machines and Mechanisms (AMM)
- Member, Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
For list of selected publications, click here.