Dr Rajamohan Ganesan has been working as a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering and Science, Curtin University of Technology, Sarawak campus since March 2005. Prior to joining Curtin Sarawak Campus, he worked as a lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, TAFE College, Malaysia for three years.
He has five years of industrial experience in Combined Cycle Gaseous Power Plant and Production consultant in India and twelve years of teaching experience in Malaysia and India. His teaching interests in the area of Mechanics, Mechanical Design, Measurements, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and his research activity is now focused on mixed convection heat transfer in ducts. He is the Registered Supervisor for Higher Degree Students by Research, Curtin Sarawak and Member of Editorial Board, International Journal of Sustainable Development, Canadian Centre of Science and Education. He also involving as coordinator and academic advisor for Curtin Shell eco marathon international competition team from 2010 to 2012.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering with Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
- Master of Engineering in Thermal Plant Engineering from Bharathidasan University, Trichy, India
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from Bharathidasan University, Trichy, India
- 2012 Received Mother Teresa Excellence Award by Integrated Council for Socio-Economic Progress, Thrissur, Kerela on November 2012, at Bangalore, India
- 2008/2009 Anak Sarawak Appreciation Awards for those who have successfully bid for new national and international conventions to Sarawak, Organised by the Sarawak Convention Bureau on 11th December 2009 at Sarawak, Malaysia
- 2008 Best poster presentation award, 1st International Conference of Curtin University of Technology Science and Engineering Conference (CUTSE 2008), Miri, Malaysia.
- 2007 YB Lee Award for staff Achievement by Curtin University of Technology on 8th June at Miri, Malaysia
- 2006 Received the India’s prestigious ‘Vikas Ratna Shiromani Award’ and ‘Achiever of India Gold Medal’ by Society for Friendship and National Unity on 5th August 2006 at Bangalore.
- Mixed Convection and Radiation Heat Transfer
- Renewable energy (solar and ocean)
- Production of power from low grade heat
- Production of Bio diesel from Biomass
- Rajamohan.G. Ramesh.N. & Kumar.P., “Mixed Convection and Radiation Heat Transfer in a Horizontal Duct with Variable Wall Temperature” Journal of Heat Transfer Engineering, USA (Accepted for Publication).
- Rajamohan.G. Ramesh.N. & Kumar.P., “Experimental Study on Mixed Convection Heat Transfer in a Square Duct with Varying Inclination Angles ” Journal of Pertanika, Malaysia (Accepted for Publication).
- Kumar .P, Rajamohan.G, “A CFD Study of Turbulent Convective Heat Transfer Enhancement in Circular Pipe flow” World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol: 68, August 2012, ISSN 2070-3740,457.
- Rajamohan.G, Ramesh .N, Kumar .P, “Study on Mixed Convection Heat Transfer in Vertical Ducts with Radiation Effects” World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol:81, ISSN 2070-3740, p 737, Singapore, September 2011.
- Rajamohan.G, Ramesh .N, Alexander.G, Kumar .P, “An Experimental Study on Mixed Convection Heat Transfer for Thermally Developing Flow in Horizontal Ducts with Radiation Effects”. Proceedings of the ASME/JSME 2011 8th Thermal Engineering Joint Conference, AJTEC 2011, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, March 2011.
- Rajamohan.G, Ramesh .N, Kumar .P, “study on mixed convection heat transfer for hydrodynamically developed and thermally developing flow in horizontal ducts with radiation effects”. Proceedings of the 21st National & 10th ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference December 27-30, 2011, IIT Madras, India.
- Mohan Reddy.M Abou Ei Hossein.K.A. Rajamohan.G and Gorin.A.V “Developing surface roughness model when micromilling of machinable glass ceramic”. Advanced Technology congress International conference, ATCI 2009, Kualalumbur, Malaysia, Nov 2009.
- Mohan Reddy.M Abou Ei Hossein.K.A. Rajamohan.G and Gorin.A.V.,. “Developing Surface roughness model of Alumina nidride using Micro end Milling”. Advances Materials Processing Technology, AMPT2009, Kualalumbur, Malaysia, Oct 2009.
- Rajamohan.G & Kumar.P., “Analysis of Thermal Energy Extraction from Solar Flat Plate Collector” Proceeding of 2nd International Conference of Curtin University of Technology Science and Engineering Conference, CUTSE 2009, Miri, Malaysia, Nov 2009.
- Kumar.P & Rajamohan.G., “Heat Transfer Intensification in the Laminar Regime with Modified Designs of Twisted Tape Pipe Inserts – A CFD Study” Proceeding of 2nd International Conference of Curtin University of Technology Science and Engineering Conference, CUTSE 2009, Miri, Malaysia, Nov 2009.
- Mohan Kumar.K.M., Rajamohan.G. & Mohanraj.T., “Operational Characteristics of Diesel Engine Run by Ester of Sun flower Oil and Compare with Diesel Fuel Operation”, International Journal of Sustainable Development, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.84-89, July 2009.
- Mohan Kumar.K.M., Rajamohan.G. & Mohanraj.T., “Investigation on the Performance of Diesel Engine Using Various Bio Fuels and the Effect of Temperature Variation”, International Journal of Sustainable Development, Vol. 2, No. 3, Nov 2009.
- Rajamohan. G., Chua.H.B. & MohanKumar.B., “Theoretical Analysis of Closed Rankine Cycle Solar Pond Power Generator”, International Journal of Modern Applied Science, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.3-8, Mar 2008.
- Mohan Kumar.K.M., Rajamohan.G. & Sarangan.J., “Operation and Combustion Characteristics of a Direct Injection Diesel Engine Fuelled with Esterified Cotton Seed Oil”, International Journal of Modern Applied Science, Vol. 2, No. 6, pp.71-80, Nov 2008.
- Rajamohan.G., MohanKumar.K.M. and Reddy, M.M., “Energy Extraction from Solar Pond with the Use of Rankine Cycle Power Generation System “, Proceeding of 1st International Conference of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), (IETBIC’08), Brunei, May 2008.
- Rajamohan.G. “Mini Solar Thermal Power Generator” Proceeding of 1st International Conference of Curtin University of Technology Science and Engineering Conference, CUTSE 2008, Miri, Malaysia, Nov 2008 (Received best poster presentation award).
- Rajamohan.G., “Thermodyanamics Analysis of a Closed Rankine Cycle Solar Power Generator”, Proceeding of 1st Engineering Conference: Energy and Environment (ENCON2007), Malaysia, Dec 2007.
- Rajamohan. G.,”Performance Evaluation of various working fluids for Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion process” Proceedings of 3rd BSME-ASME International Conference on Thermal Engineering, Bangladesh, Dec 2006.
- Rajamohan. G., Balakrishna, S. & Reddy, M.M., “Sustainable energy solution for cogeneration plant in a modern rice mill using paddy husk”, International Journal of World Review of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp.211-222, 2006.
- Rajamohan. G. and Balakrishna S., “Low Grade Heat Extraction from Ocean Energy Using Thermosyphon Rankine Engine”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Energy and Environment (ICEE2006), Malaysia, Aug 2006.
- Balakrishna. S., Rajamohan G. and Chin Gene Ling., “The Study and Evaluation of Maximum Power Point Tracking Systems”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Energy and Environment (ICEE2006), Malaysia, Aug 2006.
- Rajamohan. G., Mohan Kumar.K.M. and Balakrishna S., “Design Optimization of an OTEC Plant”, Proceedings of National Seminar on Science, Technology and Social Sciences (STSS 2006), Malaysia, May 2006.
- Balakrishna. S., Kenya Chung. and Rajamaohan G., “Design and Simulation of Microcontroller Based MPPT using Incremental Conductance Algorithm”, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE 2005), Ethiopia, November 2005.
Research Resource Funding
- Co-Investigator for ERGS grant : Studies on the effect of viscoelasticity on the heat transfer performance of Al2O3 – water nanofluid in circular and noncircular ducts (RM 53000)
- Co-Investigator for CSTIP : Action Research in CHE 477 Computational Fluid Dynamics: Combining Laboratory Experiments with Simulation Project
- CSRF Grant: Chief Investigator
Project Title: “Interaction of Surface Radiation and Mixed Convection in Horizontal Rectangular Ducts”. Total cost of the fund RM 10000
- Shell Eco Marathon project team Advisor from 2010 to 2012
- Associate Member, Institute of Engineers India
- Member, American society of Mechanical Engineers
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education