Engineering First Year Summer School 2017Posted date:
Summer School, 2017
Engineering First Year in Curtin University Sarawak will be conducting summer school in 2017 with the aim to provide an on-tract completion of the Engineering First Year. The summer school will be commencing on the 3rd January 2017 and ending on 10th February 2017.
3 units will be offered during the summer school as follows:
- MATH1002 Engineering Mathematics 1
- MATH1003 Engineering Mathematics 2
- MCEN1000 Engineering Mechanics
These units are STRICTLY offered to students who failed in the regular semesters which affect the on-tract completion in Engineering First Year.
These units are offered to students from Curtin University Australia and Curtin University Sarawak.
Students must have fulfilled the university entry requirement as stated below for enrolment.
Curtin University Australia: http://courses.curtin.edu.au/course_overview/undergraduate/engineering-pre
Curtin University Sarawak:http://courses.curtin.edu.my/admission-requirements/
Tuition fees for students from Sarawak Campus: http://fees.curtin.edu.my/course-fee/
Tuition fees for students from Bentley Campus: https://fees.curtin.edu.au/domestic.cfm
Enrolment of summer school can be done through eStudent in Oasis http://estudent.curtin.edu.my/eStudentProd/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2feStudentProd%2fdefault.aspx
These steps are walked through in the Streamlined Enrolment Demonstration video.
- Click on the My Enrolment tab.
- Click on Enrol in Units in the left hand menu.
- You may be required to agree to the terms and conditions before continuing. If so, the only button you will see is View the Terms & Conditions. Click this button and review the terms and conditions. If you agree to the terms and conditions, check I accept these terms and conditions, and then click Submit.
- On the screen will be a list of the units available for enrolment. This is called your Study Plan.
- Units are marked as Core, Optional, or Elective. The process for enrolling in core units, options and electives is slightly different, so please read the instructions for each unit type below.
- In order to enrol in a unit, it must be “planned”. This means that it must appear on the Study Plan. Core units automatically appear on your Study Plan, but you must follow the instructions below to add options and electives to your Study Plan.
Note: Only units highlighted Teal are available for enrolment.
Enrolling in Core Units
- Core units are indicated by the C icon
- To enrol in a unit you first need to firstly choose your availability for the unit from the dropdown beneath the unit name. The availability is when, where and how you will study the unit (for example “2014, Semester One, Miri Campus, Internal”). (See Attendance Modes Explained)
- If only one availability exists it is automatically selected.
- Check the “Enrol?” checkbox on the right hand side of the unit.
- Repeat these steps for the other core units you wish to enrol in, then click Proceed to Enrol.
- You will now be taken to a Confirm Enrolment Details screen. If all enrolment details are correct, click Enrol.
- If you have been enrolled successfully, you will now see a green success message confirming you have successfully enrolled. A green tick will also appear next to your enrolled units.
- It is recommended that you print your enrolment advice once you have finished enrolling as proof of your successful enrolment.
- Select Enrol in more units to return to your study plan.
Available Facilities & Services
Curtin offers a wide range of services and support to accommodate all your everyday and extracurricular needs, as embracing the experience of university life is just as important as the degree itself.
- Study support: http://futurestudents.curtin.edu.my/student-life/study-support/
- Living expenses: http://futurestudents.curtin.edu.my/student-life/living-expenses/
- Shuttle Service: http://futurestudents.curtin.edu.my/student-life/shuttle-service/
- University Counseling Services: http://international.curtin.edu.my/the-international-division/counseling-services/
- Sports and Recreation Services: http://housing-recreation.curtin.edu.my/sports-recreation-services/
For more information, please contact Head of EFY Dr Stephanie Chan at email@example.com