Mohamed Ali Hamid
Dr. Mohamed Ali Hamid
Ph.D, M.Sc., B.Sc. , MEI Senior Lecturer Petroleum Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Science
Tel: +60 85 443939 Ext:2512
Fax: +60 85 443837
Location: Skylark 3.L2.356
Mohamed Ali Hamid was born in Sudan in 1984. He received the B.Sc. degree in chemical engineering from University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan in 2006. He joined Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Tronoh, Malaysia, in 2008 as a researcher where he received the M.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering in 2010 and PhD in Petroleum Engineering in 2014. His main areas of research interest are adsorption, characterization, and mathematical modeling of chemicals during EOR process. Dr. Mohamed is a member of the Sudanese Engineering Council, Sudan; the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), and the Chemical Engineering Society at University Of Khartoum, Sudan.
- PhD in Petroleum Engineering, University Technology Petronas. Apr 2014
- MSc in Petroleum Engineering, University Technology Petronas, Oct. 2010
- BSc (Hons) in Chemical Engineering, University of Khartoum, Sudan, Sep. 2006
- Water Alternating Gas EOR Process
- Alkaline Surfactant Polymer EOR Process
- Adsorption of surfactants and polymers on sandstone rocks
- Characterization, and mathematical modeling of chemicals during EOR process.
- Mohamed Ali Hamid and Birol Demiral, “Effect of water relative permeability on water injectivity during water alternating gas process,” International Journal of Modeling and Simulation, 2010.
- Mohamed Ali Hamid and Mustafa Onur, “Investigation on surfactant and polymer Adsorption during ASP Flooding”, Journal of applied science (JAS), 2013.
- Mohamed Ali Hamid and Mustafa Onur, “Effects of Concentration, Temperature, and pH on Anionic Surfactant Adsorption Isotherm”, platform journal, 2013.
- Mohamed Ali Hamid and Mustafa Onur, “A Comparative Numerical Simulation Study of Adsorption on Formation Rocks during Alkaline/Surfactant/Polymer (ASP) floods”, platform journal, 2013.
- Mohamed Ali Hamid and Birol Demiral, “Simulation of Injectivity Characterization during WAG Process,” in National Postgraduate Conference, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia, 2009.
- Mohamed Ali Hamid and Birol Demiral, “The Effect of Skin Factor on Water Injectivity during WAG process,” International Conference on Integrated Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2010.
- Muhammad Rehan Hashmet, Birol M.R.Demiral, Mohamed Ali, and Muhammad Kashif, “Rheology of Enhanced Oil Recovery Polymers-A Review”, National Postgraduate Conference, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia, 2011.
- Mohamed Ali Hamid and Mustafa Onur, “Investigation on surfactant and polymer Adsorption during ASP Flooding”, International Oil and Gas Symposium and Exhibition (IOGSE), Sabah, Malaysia, Oct. 2013.
- Mohamed Ali Hamid and Mustafa Onur, “Extended Langmuir models accounting for the effects of salinity and pH on adsorption of surfactants and polymers during an ASP flooding process”, annual postgraduate conference, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia, June 2013.
PETRONAS Research SDN. BHD. Grant (2011-2013) Project Name: Experimental and Numerical Simulation Study of Polymer and Surfactant Adsorptions during Chemical EOR Flooding
- Simulation Study of Oil Recovery by Surfactant, Surfactant/ Polymer and Alkaline Surfactant Polymer Processes.
- Characterization of Rock and Fluids of interaction for Surfactant/Polymer Flooding,
- Pre-Investigation Report on Polymer Solution Viscosity for ASP Process
- Relative Permeability Hystersis during WAG Process,
- Injectivity Characterization during WAG Process
- Membership in Sudanese engineering council.
- Membership in Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)