Abdul Hamid Bin Abdullah
Abdul Hamid Bin Abdullah
M.Sc, B.Eng. (Hons)
Faculty of Engineering and Science
Tel: +60 85 443939 Ext: 2515
Fax: +60 85 443838
Location: Skylark 3.L2.350
- M.Sc (Polymer Engineering)
- B.Eng (Hons) Polymer Engineering
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Polymer Composites
- Natural Fibers
- Material Characterization
- Green Materials
- Faisal Amri Tanjung, Yalun Arifin, Abdul Hamid Abdullah, and Iqmal Tahir (2017) Bilayer-Structured Regenerated Cellulose/Chitosan Films Prepared with Ionic Liquid, Indones. J. Chem., 17 (3), pp. 351 – 359
- Kahar AWM, Ismail H, Abdul Hamid A. (2016). The correlation between crosslink density and thermal properties of high-density polyethylene/natural rubber/thermoplastic tapioca starch blends prepared via dynamic vulcanisation approach, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 123(1) pp. 301-308.
- H. Ismail, A. Hamid Abdullah, A. Abu Bakar (2010) Kenaf Core Reinforced High-Density Polyethylene/Soya Powder Composites: The Effects of Filler Loading and Compatibilizer, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 29 (16) pp. 2489-2497.
- H. Ismail, A. Hamid Abdullah, A. Abu Bakar (2010) Effects of Silane Based Coupling Agent on the Properties of Kenaf Core Reinforced High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)/Soya Powder Composites, Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, 49 (11) pp. 1095-1100.
- H. Ismail, A. Hamid Abdullah, A. Abu Bakar (2010) Influence of Acetylation on the Tensile Properties, Water Absorption and Thermal Stability on High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)/Soya Powder/Kenaf Core Composites, Journal of Vinyl and Additive Technology, 17(2) pp.132-137.
- Abdul Hamid bin Abdullah, Jaffrey Naan, Chew Ing Ming, Natallee Faith Kwan, An overview: Developing the minds through practical support for Diploma of Process Plant Technology Students in Curtin Sarawak, 2ndInternational Higher Education Teaching and Learning Conference 2013, Parkcity Everly Hotel, Miri, Sarawak, December 9-10th 2013
Abdul Hamid Bin Abdullah, Hanafi Ismail, Azhar Abu Bakar, Sujan Debnath, The Effects of Oxidized Polyethylene as a Compatibilizer on the Tensile and Water Absortion Properties of Biocomposites, 7th International Conference on Manufacturing Science and Technology, Curtin Sarawak, Miri, Sarawak, July 16-18th 2016.
Research Resource Funding
- Curtin Sarawak Research Fund (CSRF)- RM10,000
- Merit Reward, Publication (Journal) Category, Awarded by University Sains Malysia (2011)
- SHELL Malaysia Scholarship Awards
Previous Industry Appointments
- Engineer, Tokuyama Malaysia Sdn. Bhd (2012)
- Engineer, Tokuyama Corporation, Japan (2011-2012)
- Research Officer, Universiti Sains Malaysia (2008-2010)
- Internship, Hokuetsu Seishi Paper Mills Ltd, Japan (2007)
- Graduate Engineer (GE-69869A) – BEM
- Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Member, International Association of Engineers (IAENG)