Neamul Ahsan Noman Khandoker
Dr. Neamul Ahsan Noman Khandoker
PhD (Monash, Australia), MPhil (RMIT, Australia), and BSc Eng (BUET, Bangladesh)
Senior Lecturer | Department of Mechanical Engineering | Faculty of Engineering and Science
Contact Details Telephone: +60 85 443939 Extn: 2482 | Location: Skylark (SK3)-310 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Interests: Materials, Mechanical Design, and Advanced Manufacturing Processes
Dr. Noman Khandoker is presently working in Curtin University, Malaysia as a Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering department. He obtained his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Monash University, Australia with specific research focuses on mechanical characteristics of nano materials. His Masters by research degree from RMIT University, Australia was supported by automotive industry to address mechanical design related issues for automotive body-in-white structures. He had served as a Project Engineer in an engineering consulting firm in Melbourne before coming to Curtin. He joined Curtin University, Malaysia Campus in September 2014. He has aiming for lifelong learning and developing a career as a successful engineering educator and researcher. Some key areas of strength are desire for continuous improvements; strong background in the principles of mechanical engineering, ability to grasp new concepts and methodologies quickly, efficiently plan, direct and co-ordinate the activities of engineering teaching and research.
Scholarships and Awards
- John Farrant Student Prize (Physical Science) for a scientifically significant presentation byAustralian Microscopy and Microanalysis Society at Brisbane, Australia.
- Monash University Departmental Scholarship (MDS) for Ph.D. Research.
- RMIT Pro Vice Chancellor’s RTSC recommendation for excellent result in Masters by researchProgramme.
- Cooperative Research Centre for Advanced Automotive Technology (AUTOCRC) PostgraduateScholarship for Masters by Research Programme.
- Dhaka Board Merit Scholarship for B.Sc. Engineering degree.
- Sumaiya Islam, Raafat Ibrahim, Noman Khandoker, “ Effect of machining velocity in nano scale machining operations“, Material Science and Engineering, 78 (2015) 012030 .
- Noman Khandoker, Stephen C. Hawkins, Raafat Ibrahim, Chi P Huynh, “Peel test of spinnable carbon nanotube web”, Physica E, Vol. 60, pg. 160-165, 2014.
- Noman Khandoker, Monir Takla, “Tensile strength and failure prediction of simplified spot weld models”, Material & Design. Vol 54, pg. 323-330, 2014.
- N. Khandoker, S.C. Hawkins, R. Ibrahim, C.P. Huynh, F. Deng, “Tensile Strength of Spinnable Multiwall Carbon Nanotubes”, Procedia Engineering, Volume 10, pg 2572-2578, 2011.
- S. Islam, R. Ibrahim, N. Khandoker, “The mechanics of single crystal Cu machining at nanoscale”,Procedia Engineering, Volume 10, pg 2369-2374, 2011.
- M. Ashiqur Rahman, Sharifur Rahman, K. N. Ahsan,Noman, “Optimum Design of a Circular Proving Ring with variable Cross Section”, Transactions of The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers, Vol.11, Number 4, pg. 53-55, December 2004, ISSN 1023-697X.
- Sumaiya Islam, Raafat Ibrahim, Noman Khandoker, “ Effect of machining velocity in nano scale machining operations “, Proceedings of 9th Curtin University Technology, Science and Engineering (CUTSE) international conference, Sarawak, Malaysia, pg 169 – 172, 2014.
- Stephen C Hawkins, Chi P Huynh and Noman Khandoker, “Direct spun pure carbon nanotube yarn fabrication – Fabrication, characteristics, prospects”, The 11th Asian Textile Conference, Daegu, Korea, 2011,Pages 165 – 172.
- N. Khandoker, S.C. Hawkins, R. Ibrahim, C.P. Huynh, F. Deng, “Tensile Strength of Spinnable Multiwall Carbon Nanotubes”,11th International Conference on Mechanical Behaviour of Materials (ICM11), Milan, Italy, 2011.
- S. Islam, R. Ibrahim, N. Khandoker, “The mechanics of single crystal Cu machining at nanoscale”, 11thInternational Conference on Mechanical Behaviour of Materials (ICM11), Milan, Italy, 2011.
- N Khandoker, M Takla and T Ting, 2010, ‘Development of simplified spot weld models: Stiffness prediction and computational performance evaluation ‘, Proceedings of ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, United States, 12 – 18 November, 2010, Volume 8: Dynamic systems and control, Part A & B, Paper no IMECE 2010-38320, pp. 313-319, ISBN 978-0-7918-4445-8.
- Stephen C Hawkins, Noman Khandoker, Raafat Ibrahim et al., “Carbon nanotube strength measurement by SEM nano tensile stage”, CSIRO Advanced Materials Conference and Workshop 2010, Melbourne, Australia.
- Stephen C Hawkins, Noman Khandoker, Raafat Ibrahim et al., “Carbon nanotube strength measurement by SEM nano tensile stage”, 21st Australian Conference on Microscopy and Microanalysis 2010, Brisbane, Australia.
- K N Ahsan Noman, Monir Takla, Thomas Ting, “Comparative performance and verification study of simplified spot weld models”, Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Mechanical Engineering 2003, BUET, (Paper no. ICME03-AM-06), Dhaka, Bangladesh, ISBN 984-32-1042-5.
- M. Ashiqur Rahman, Sharifur Rahman, K. N. Ahsan Noman, S Islam, “Large deflection analysis of super elastic Shape Memory Alloy Beams”, Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Mechanical Engineering 2003, BUET, (Paper no. ICME03-AM-54), Dhaka, Bangladesh, ISBN 984-32-1042-5
- M. A.Rahman, Sharifur Rahman, K. N. A. Noman, and S. Islam, “Optimum Design of a Proving Ring”,2nd BSME-ASME International Conference on Thermal Engineering 2004, Dhaka, Bangladesh, (Vol.2, pp 1123-1128, 2-4 January 2004, ISBN 984-32-1003-4).
- M.A.Salam Akanda, K. N. Ahsan Noman, M. Shahnewaz Bhuiyan, “Zooming of Critical Zone to Refine Finite Difference Solution of Elastic Problem”, 4th International Mechanical Engineering Conference, Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh. (pp. 12 – 18, 29-31 December 2004).