Students of the Foundation in Engineering and Science programme are able to:
- Knowledge – Apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Information Technology to solve engineering problems.
- Problem Solving – Identify, analyse and solve problems using principles of Mathematics, Sciences and Information Technology.
- Use of Technology – Select and apply appropriate techniques and resources to various Science and Engineering tasks.
- Communication – Communicate effectively through written work and oral tasks.
- Team Work – Work effectively as a member or leader in a multi-disciplinary and diverse group.
- Continuous learning – Engage in continuous learning and acquire essential skills to pursue higher education.
Curtin’s Graduate Attributes:
- Apply discipline knowledge – understand its theoretical underpinnings, and ways of thinking; extend the boundaries of knowledge through research.
- Thinking Skills – Apply logical and rational processes to analyse the components of an issue; think creatively to generate innovative solutions.
- Information Skills – Decide what information is needed and where it might be found using appropriate technologies; make valid judgements and synthesise information from a range of sources.
- Communication skills – Communicate in ways appropriate to the discipline, audience and purpose.
- Technology skills – Use appropriate technologies recognizing their advantages and limitations.
- Learning how to learn – Use a range of learning strategies; take responsibility for one’s own learning and development; sustain intellectual curiosity; know how to continue to learn as a graduate.
- International perspective – Think globally and consider issues from a variety of perspectives; apply international standards and practices within a discipline or professional area.
- Cultural understanding – Respect individual human rights; recognize the importance of cultural diversity particularly the perspective of Indigenous Australians; value diversity of language.
- Professional skills – Work independently and in teams; demonstrate leadership, professional behaviour and ethical practices.