Tan Yee Yong
Dr. Tan Yee Yong
Ph.D., B. Eng (Hons.)
Telephone: +60 85 443939 Ext: 2461
Location: Skylark 3 Room 334
Tan Yee Yong joined Curtin Malaysia in 2017. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Doctorate of Philosophy from Curtin University. He worked as a structural engineer prior to his PhD. His research focuses on the area of mathematical modelling of wastewater treatment.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Civil and Construction Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia, 2013
- PhD Civil and Construction Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia, 2017
- Constructed wetland for septage treatment
- Reactive transport in porous medium
- Biological nitrogen removal of wastewater treatment
- Wastewater treatment process modelling
- Faecal sludge management
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Valerie Siaw Wee Jong. 2014. “A Conceptual Model for Simulating the Variably-saturated Flow of a Vertical Flow Engineered Wetland-based Septage Treatment System.” In 14th International Conference Wetland Systems for Water Pollution Control, 12 -14 Oct, Shanghai, People Republic of China.
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Agus Saptoro, Ee Huey Khor. 2015. “Septage Treatment Using Vertical-Flow Engineered Wetalnd: A Critical Review.” Chemical Engineering Transaction 45: 1531-1536. Doi: 10.3303/CET1545256
- Tan, Yee Yong, Fu Ee Tang, Agus Saptoro, Ee Huey Khor. 2016. “The Interaction between Outflow Dynamics and Removal of NH4+-N in a Vertical Flow Constructed Wetlands Treating Septage.” In International Conference on Civil, Architecture and Environmental Engineering, 4 -6 Nov, Taipei, Taiwan.