Senior Lecturer | Computer Systems Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Contact Details Telephone: +60 85 443939 Extn: 2489 Fax: +60 85 443837 Location: SK3-372 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to working at Curtin Sarawak Malaysia, he had several years of teaching experience as a Lecturer at D.G Vaishnav College; S.I.V.E.T. College; Bharat Engineering college affiliated to University of Madras, India and Midas Group of Engineering College, Malaysia. He is a Cisco Networking Academy Instructor (CCNA 1-4). Currently, he is pursuing Ph.D. in the area of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Curtin University.
CURRENT POSITION AND LEVEL OF ACADEMIC APPOINTMENT
Senior Lecturer, Level C
Ph.D., (Perusing at Curtin University)
M.Sc., Computer Science, Bharathidasan University, Trichy, India
B.Sc., Computer Science, Bharathidasan University, Trichy, India
CCNA1 – CCNA4 CISCO Certified Instructor, CISCO Systems. USA.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Member of IEEE, IET
ACADEMIC APPOINTMENT RECORD
2001 – Till date: Course-coordinator, Senior Lecturer, at Faculty of Engineering and Science. Curtin University, Sarawak Campus Malaysia.
1997 – 2000 Head, department of Science and Engineering. Midas group colleges, Malaysia.
1996- 1997 Lecturer, Bharat Engineering College, Chennai.
1993- 1996 Lecturer D.G.Vaishnav College Arumbakkam, Chennai
PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- 15 years teaching at Curtin University Sarawak campus and 7 years teaching in Kuala Lumpur and Chennai, India.
- Served in different Committee, as a member of the Faculty of Engineering and Sciences. Such as Teaching and Learning, Industrial relations, Website development, CRC, Graduation and Lab safety.
- Served as Head of department of B.Tech and Computer Science for two years (2006 & 2007)
- Supervised more than twenty final year projects for Bachelor of Computer Systems and Networking and Computer Science courses.
- Taught number of units for Computer Science, B.Tech and Engineering Foundation programs.
- Served as a committee member in CUTSE-International conference for 4 years.
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND EXPERTISE
- Distributed computer networks
- Cloud Computing
- Shanmugam Veeramani1 , Muhammad Nasir Masood1 , Amandeep S. Sidhu1, 2, Department of Electrical and computer Engineering, Curtin University Sarawak Miri, Malaysia, “A PACS alternative for transmitting DICOM Images in a High Latency Environment” , 2014 IEEE Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Sciences, 8 – 10 December 2014 (IEEE-explore, p.975 – 978) .
- C. Palanichamy 1, Meseret Nasir 2 S. Veeramani 3, Department of Electrical and computer Engineering, Curtin University Sarawak Miri, Malaysia, “Wind cannot be Directed but Sails can be Adjusted for Malaysian Renewable Energy Progress”, J. IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 78 (2015).
- Adib Kabir Chowdhury and Veeramani Shanmugam, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Curtin University, Sarawak, Miri, Malaysia, “Information Technology: Impacts on Environment and Sustainable Development”, Pertanika J. Sci. & Technol. 23 (1): 127 – 139 (2015).
- Veeramani Shanmugam, Adib Kabir Chowdhury An Unique Approach in Data Compression: Frequency Triggered Efficient Probabilistic Formula applied with Parallel Binary Representation, the 9th International Conference on computing & Information Technology,2013, Thailand.
- Veeramani Shanmugam An overview of Security issues in Cloud Computing , Engineering Goes Green , 7th CUSTE-2012.
- Veeramani Shanmugam , Adib Kabir Chowdhury Information Technology impact on Environment and Sustainable Development Issues, Engineering Goes Green , 7th CUSTE-2012.
- Veeramani Shanmugam & Lenin Gopal “Enhance student’s learning with the aid of simulation software to understand Computer Networking Undergraduate courses” Enhancing Learning: Teaching & Learning International Conference 2011.
- Lenin Gopal, Veeramani Shanmugam “ Wi-Fi Enabled Robots for Engineering Education”. Enhancing Learning: Teaching & Learning International Conference 2011.
- Chua Yee fan, Veeramani Shanmugam “Analysis of Wi-Fi Signal and Model to improve the Performance of wireless Network”. 3rd, International conference, Curtin University of Technology Science and Engineering, Nov-2011.
- Su Mun, Veeramani Shanmugam “ Congestion Control Using Additive increase Multiplicative decrease Algorithm”. 3rd, International conference, Curtin University of Technology Science and Engineering, Nov-2011.
- Lenin Gopal & Veeramani Shanmugam, “Implementing Image Enhancement Filter On Fpga For Remote Sensing Process” 2nd International conference, Curtin University of Technology Science and Engineering, Nov-2009.
- Shanmugam Veeramani and Lenin Gopal, “Network Monitoring Tool” , 1st International conference, Curtin University of Technology Science and Engineering, Nov-2008.
- Shanmugam Veeramani and Lenin Gopal ,“An overview of Network Security and Vulnerability analysis”, 1st International conference, Curtin University of Technology Science and Engineering, Nov-2008.
- Lenin Gopal, Ashutosh Kumar Singh, Veeramani Shanmugam, “Power Estimation in Mobile Communication Systems”, Computer and Information Science, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 88-94, Aug. 2008.
- Rajamohan G,S.Veeramani1, K.M. Mohan Kumar, Balasundaram”Performance Evaluation of various working fluids for Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion process” 3rd BSME-ASME International Conference on Thermal Engineering Dec,2006, Bangladesh.
- Balakrishna., Keyna Chung, Veeramani. S et al, “Design and Simulation of Microcontroller Based MPPT using Incremental Conductance Algorithm”, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, (ICECE 2005), 3-5 November 2005, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia.
- V. Gajendra, Balakrishna. S and Veeramani.S, “Information Infrastructure For Supply Chain Management – An Overview”, Proceedings of International conference on e-commerce (ICoEC2005), pp 164 – 166, 10 – 11 January 2005, Selangor, Malaysia.
- V. Gajendra, Balakrishna. S and Veeramani.S, “Transport and Road safety in Logistics”, Accepted for The First International Conference on Transportation Logistics (TLOG2005), 27-29 July 2005, Singapore
A/P Dr.Chua Han Bing
Faculty of Engineering & Sciences
Sarawak Campus, Miri.
Phone: +6013-9320119/ office:6085443965
Dr. Amandeep S. Sidhu
Faculty of Engineering & Sciences
Sarawak Campus, Miri.Malaysia