Dr. Lenin Gopal
PhD., M.Eng., B.Eng., C.Eng.
Head of Department | Senior Lecturer | Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Contact Details Telephone: +60 85 443939 Extn: 2485 Fax: +60 85 443837 Location: SK3-431 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Lenin Gopal is working as a senior lecturer in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering , Curtin Sarawak campus and he obtained his PhD degree from Curtin University, Australia. Prior to joining Curtin Sarawak Malaysia, he has had more than fifteen years of teaching experience in India and Malaysia. His recent position was Assistant Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Bharathiyar College of Engineering and Technology, Pondicerry, India.
- PhD, Curtin University, Perth, Australia.
- Master of Engineering Degree in Telecommunications Engineering from Multimedia University, Malaysia.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Madurai Kamaraj University, India.
- MIMO Relay for Cooperative Wireless Communications.
- FPGA Applications in Wireless Communications.
- SNR Estimations in Wireless Communications.
- L. Gopal, Y. Rong, and Z. Zang, “Robust MMSE Transceiver Design for Nonregenerative Multicasting MIMO Relay Systems”, IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun, submitted, 2015.
- L. Gopal, Y. Rong, and Z. Zang, “Tomlinson-Harashima Precoding Based Transceiver Design for MIMO Relay Systems With Channel Covariance Information”, IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 14, pp. 5513 –5525, Oct. 2015.
- W. K. Wong, L. Gopal, T. Tan, C. Ali, “Euclidean Space Data Projection Classifier with Cartesian Genetic Programming (CGP)”, in Proc. Int. UNIMAS STEM 10th Engg. Conf. 2017 (EnCon2017), Kuching, Malaysia, Sep. 13 – 15, 2017.
- Z. A. Sim, R. Reine, Z. Zang, L. Gopal,“PAPR and BER Reduction in MU-MIMO-OFDM Systems via a Set of Waveforms”, in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Signal and Image Proc. App. (ICSIPA), Kuching, Malaysia, Sep. 12 – 14, 2017.
- C. Z. Myint, L. Gopal, Y. L. Aung, “Reconfigurable smart water quality monitoring system in IoT environment”, in Proc. 2017 IEEE/ACIS 16th Int. Conf. Comp. and Information Science (ICIS), Wuhan, China, May 24-26, 2017.
- C. S. Cheng, L. Gopal, A. S. Sidhu, A. K. Singh, “Design of low quantum cost reversible BCD adder, in Proc. 5th IEEE Int. Conf. Control System, Computing and Engineering, ICCSCE, George Town, Malaysia, Nov. 27-29, 2015.
- A. K. Chowdhury, M. S. Razali, B. Madon, L. Gopal, A. K. Singh, “An analysis of MVL neural operators using feed forward back-propagation: Realization and application of logic synthesis”, in Proc. 2015 Int. Con. Smart Sensors and Application, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May. 26-28, 2015.
- L. Gopal, Y. Rong, and Z. Zang, “Simplified robust design for nonrenerative multicasting MIMO relay systems”, in Proc. 22nd Int. Conf. Telecommun., Sydney, Australia, Apr. 27-29, 2015.
- C. S. Cheng, A. K. Singh, L. Gopal, “Efficient Three Variables Reversible Logic Synthesis Using Mixed-polarity Toffoli Gate”, in Proc. Procedia Computer Science, Vol.70, PP.362-368, 2015.
- L. Gopal, N. Raj, N. T. C. Tham, A. A. Gopalai, A. K. Singh, “Design of Reversible Multiplexer/De-multiplexer”, in Proc. 4th IEEE Int. Conf. Control System, Computing and Engineering, Penang, Malaysia, Nov. 28-30, 2014.
- L. Gopal, A. K. Chowdhury, A. A. Gopalai, A. K. Singh, B. Madon, “Reversible Logic Gate Implementation as Switch Controlled Reversible Full Adder/Subtractor”, in Proc. 4th IEEE Int. Conf. Control System, Computing and Engineering, Penang, Malaysia, Nov. 28-30, 2014.
- T. C. Tham , A. A. Gopalaiy, L. Gopal, A. K. Singh, “A Comparative Study on the Implementation of Reversible Binary Coded Decimal (BCD) Adder Performance on Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)”, in Proc. 4th IEEE Int. Conf. Control System, Computing and Engineering, Penang, Malaysia, Nov. 28-30, 2014.
- L. Gopal, M. M. N. Syahira, A. K. Chowdhury, A. A. Gopalai, A. K. Singh, “Design and Synthesis of Reversible Arithmetic and Logic Unit (ALU)”, in Proc. 2014 Int. Conf. Computer, Commun. Control Tech., Langkawi Island, Kedah, Malaysia, Sep. 2-4, 2014.
- L. Gopal, Y. Rong, and Z. Zang, “MMSE based transceiver design for MIMO relay systems with mean and covariance feedback”, in Proc. 77th IEEE Veh. Tech. Conf., Dresden, Germany, Jun. 2-5, 2013.
- L. Gopal, Y. Rong, and Z. Zang, “Channel covariance information based transceiver design for AF MIMO relay systems with direct Link”, in Proc. 18th Asia-Pacific Conf. Commun., Jeju Iceland, South Korea, Oct. 15-17, 2012.
- L. Gopal, Y. Rong, Z. Zang, “Joint MMSE Transceiver Design in Non-Regenerative MIMO Relay Systems with Covariance Feedback”, in Proc. 17th Asia-Pacific Conf. Commun., Malaysia, Oct. 2 – 5, 2011.
- L. Gopal, D. W. S. Tze, I. N. Zawanah, “Design of an FPGA-Based OFDM Transceiver for DVB-T Standard”, inProc. 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Science and Automation Engineering, China, Jun. 10-12, 2011.
- L. Gopal, A. W. W. Loong, “Designing and Implementing a Wi-Fi Enabled Mobile Robot”, in Proc. 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Science and Automation Engineering, China, Jun. 10-12, 2011.
- L. Gopal, Z. Zang, “Kalman Filtering for SNR Estimation in AWGN and Fading Channels”, in Proc. 9th IEEE Malaysia Int. Con. Commun., Malaysia, Dec. 13-17, 2009.
- L. Gopal, V. Shanmugam, A. Sadiq Batcha, “Implementing Image Enhancement Filter on FPGA for remote sensing Process”, 2nd CUTSE Int. Conf., Malaysia, Nov. 24-25, 2009.
- V. Shanmugam, L. Gopal, “Network Monitoring Tool”, in Proc. 1st CUTSE Int. Conf., Malaysia, Nov. 2008.
- L. Gopal, M. L. Sim, “Performance Analysis of Signal-to-Noise Ratio Estimators in AWGN and Fading Channels”, in Proc. National Conf. Telecommun. Technologies and Malaysia Conf. Photonics, Malaysia, Aug. 2008.
- L. Gopal, “Performance Analysis of Local Mean Power Estimators in Rayleigh Fading Channel”, in Proc. Int. Conf. Advanced Tech. Telecommun. Control Engineering, Malaysia, Aug 2006.
Research Resource Funding
- FRGS (2017 – Ongoing) (Co-Investigator):
- Project Title: Mathematical Modeling of optimal 5G Non-Orthogonal Waveforms for GFDM system., Allocated Fund: RM 51,200.
- FRGS (2016-ongoing) (Principal investigator):
- Project Title: Mathematical Modelling of Robust MIMO Relay System for Power Line Communication. Allocated Fund: RM 82,000.
- MOSTI (e-science fund) (2013-2014) (Principal investigator):
- Project Title: An efficient low power system on Chip Architectures, Allocated Fund: RM 137,000, Completed on 30th November 2014.
- CSCR (2011) (Co-investigator):
- Project Title: Ultra-Wideband MIMO Communication Signal Processing With Cost-Effective Optimization Methods, Allocated Fund: RM 20,000.
- CSCR (2010) (Co-investigator):
- Project Title: Speech Intelligibility Enhancement Using Psychoacoustics Approaches, Allocated Fund: RM 25,000.
- CSRF (2010) (Principal Investigator):
- Project Title: MMSE Based Transceiver Design for Non-Regenerative MIMO Relay Systems, Allocated Fund: RM 10,000, Completed.
- IEEE Signal Processing Letter.
- Circuits, Systems & Signal Processing (CSSP).
- IEEE Communication letter.
- International Journal of Communication Systems, Wiley Publisher.
- Charted Engineer in Electrical Engineering (India).
- Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (USA).
- Member of the Institution of Engineers (India).
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education.