Dr. Ammar Masaoud
PhD, M.Eng, B.Eng
Lecturer | Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Contact Details Telephone: +60 85 443939 Extn: 2430 Fax: +60 85 443837 Location: SK3-345 Email: email@example.com
Dr. Ammar Masaoud received the Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Damascus, Syria, and Master of Engineering and PhD from University of Malaya, Malaysia. Prior to joining Curtin University, Sarawak, Malaysia, in April 2015, he was working as research assistant in Power Electronics and Renewable Energy Research Laboratory (PEARL), University of Malaya. He is actively involved in research work with specific research focuses on power conversion techniques.
- PhD, University of Malaya (UM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Master of Engineering Degree in Electrical Energy and Power System. University of Malaya (UM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electrical Power Engineering, University of Damascus, Syria.
- Power Engineering (Power Electronics and Drive).
Journal Publications (ISI Journal Articles)
- Masaoud, H.W. Ping, S. Mekhilef and A.S. Taallah, ” New Three-Phase Multilevel Inverter With Reduced Number of Power Electronic Components,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 29, No. 11, pp. 6018-6029, November. 2014.
- Masaoud, H.W. Ping, S. Mekhilef and A.S. Taallah, ” Novel Configuration for Multilevel DC-link Three-Phase Five-level Inverter,” IET Power Electronics Vol. 7, No. 12, pp. 3052-3061, December. 2014.
- Masaoud, H.W. Ping, S. Mekhilef, A.S. Taallah and H. Belkamel ” Design and Implementation of a New Multilevel DC-Link Three-phase Inverter,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 292-301, March. 2014.
- Masaoud, H.W. Ping, S. Mekhilef and H. Belkamel ” A New five-level Single-Phase Inverter Employing a Space Vector Current Control,” Electric Power Components and Systems, Vol. 42, No. 11, pp. 1121-1130, July. 2014.
- Masaoud, H.W. Ping, S. Mekhilef and H. Belkamel ” High Efficient Three-phase Three-level Multilevel Inverter Employing Different Commutation strategies,” Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and computer science, DOI: 10.3906/elk-1303-88 (in press) 2013.
- Belkamel, S. Mekhilef, A. Masaoud, and M. Abdel Naiem “Novel three- phase asymmetrical cascaded multilevel voltage source inverter,” IET Power Electronics Vol. 6, No. 8, pp. 1696-1706, September. 2013.
- S. Gaeid, H.W. Ping, M. Khalid and A. Masaoud “Sensor and Sensorless Fault Tolerant Control for Induction Motors Using a Wavelet Index,” Sensors Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 4031-4050, March. 2012.
- Sabeur, S. Mekhilef and A. Masaoud “Extended maximum boost control scheme based on single-phase modulator for three phase Z-source inverter,” IET Power Electronics (provisionally accepted) 2015.
- Mekhilef and A. Masaoud “Xilinx FPGA Based Multilevel PWM Single Phase Inverter,” IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, ICIT 2006, pp. 259-264. 2006.