Ir. Dr. Vera Loo Hui
Ir. Dr. Vera Loo Hui
PhD, MPhil, BSc, CEng, MICE, MHKIE
Civil & Construction Engineering
Telephone: +60 85 443 939 Ext. 2502
Fax: +60 85 443 837
Location: Skylark 3 (SK3) Room 306
Dr Loo joined Curtin Sarawak in 2017. She obtained her MPhil and PhD degrees from The University of Hong Kong (HKU). Her research experiences include study of the influence of reservoir impoundment and fluctuations on the reactivation of a pre-existing landslide. Dr Loo has over 12 years working experience in industry both in Malaysia and in Hong Kong. Her experiences include ground investigation and instrumentation, reclamation and settlement assessment, slope works, retaining structures and site formation and also foundation and piling. Other experience also includes contract management and site supervision works.
- PhD in Geotechnical Engineering, Dept. of Civil Engineering, The University of Hong Kong (2006)
- MPhil in Hydrodynamics, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong (2001)
- BSc in Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University (1998)
- Slope Stability and Landslide Investigation
- Ground Investigation and Instrumentation
- Reclamation and Ground Settlement
- Site Formation and Retaining Structures
- Groundwater Flow and Seepage Analysis
- Soil Structure Interaction
- Liu, X. L., Loo, H., Min, H., Deng, J. H., Tham, L. G. & Lee, C. F. (2005) Shear Strength of Slip Soils containing coarse particles of Xietan Landslide, Geoshanghai, June, 2006, Shanghai, China.
- Deng, J. H., , Tham, L. G., Dai, F. C., Wei, J. B., Min, H., Loo, H. & Lee, C. F. (2005) Monitoring a preexiting landslide during reservoir filling, Proc. Geofrontiers05. Proc. 8th National Conference of Rock Mechanics and Engineering, Jan, 2005, Austin, Texas.
- Min, H., Tham, L. G., Dai, F. C., Wei, J. B., Loo, H., Deng, J. H. & Lee, C. F. (2004) Hydrodynamic monitoring of a preexisting landslide during reservoir filling – a case history of Xietan landslide, the Three Gorges Reservoir, Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 25(21), 3721-3726.
- Deng, J. H., Dai, F. C., Min, H., Wei, J. B., Loo, H., Tham, L. G.& Lee, C. F. (2004) Monitoring system for Xietan landslide, the Three Gorges Reservoir area, Proc. 8th National Conference of Rock Mechanics and Engineering. Oct, 2004, Chengdu, China
- Loo, H. & Chwang, A. T. (2001) Effect of Surface Waves on Pollutant Dispersion, Proceedings of 2001 Mechanics and Materials Summer Conference, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Member of Institution of Civil Engineers, United Kingdom
- Member of The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers