Tay Chen Lim
Tay Chen Lim
Telephone: +60 85 443939 extn: 2469
Location: Skylark 3 Room 439
- Master of Science (Advanced Materials), University Malaysia Sarawak, UNIMAS 2009
- Bachelor of Science (Industrial Chemistry), University Malaysia Sabah, UMS 2004
International Award Brussels Eureka Contest 2010 Gold Medal: Prize of Jean-Luc Van Raes, Minister of the Brussels Capital Region
Novel Starch-Based Gel Electrolyte (SbGE) Films derived from Native Sago Starch Inventor: Dr. Pang Suh Cem, Tay Chen Lim, Dr. Chin Suk Fun
Patent UNIMAS, Pang, S.C & Tay, C.L. (2012). Gel electrolyte and method of preparation thereof (Patent No:MY-147496-A)
- Primary and Secondary Electrochemical-related Devices.
- Polymers, mainly focus on the Solid Polymer Electrolyte for electrochemical device application.
- Fuel cells, experimental or simulation based studies.
- Law, M.C., Lee, C.C. & Tay, C.L. (2015) Dynamic behaviors of a Molten Carbonate Fuel Cell under a sudden shut-down scenario: Effects on temperature gradients. Applied Thermal Engineering 82, pp. 98-109.http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2014.11.083
- Tay, C.L. & Fam, S.L. (2015) Electrochemical oxidation of D-fructose solution using the Box-Behnken design methodology. Desalination and Water Treatment 54 (2), pp. 325-331. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19443994.2014.880380
- Pang, S.C., Tay, C.L. & Chin, S.F. (2014) Starch-based Gel Electrolyte Thin Films Derived from Native Sago (Metroxylon sagu) Starch. Ionics 20 (10), pp. 1455-1462. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11581-014-1092-5
- Tay, C.L. & Law, M.C. (2014) Numerical Modelling of Molten Carbonate Fuel Cell: Effects of Gas Flow Direction in Anode and Cathode. Special Issue: Engineering Goes Green – CUTSE 2012. Pertanika Journal of Science & Technology 22 (2), pp. 645-655.
- Tay, C.L. & Law M.C. (2012, Nov). Numerical Modeling of MCFC. 26th Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers (SOMChE 2012) In Conjunction With 4th International Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering (ICCBPE 2012), Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
- Tay, C.L. & Law, M.C. (2012, Nov). Numerical Modeling of MCFC: Effects of gas flow direction in anode and cathode. 7th Curtin University Technology, Science and Engineering (CUTSE 2012) Conference, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Daniel C Southam, Mauro Mocerino, Mark A Buntine, Han Bing Chua & Chen Lim Tay. (2011). POGIL across borders: transnational implementation in Australian and Malaysian classrooms. 43rd World Chemistry Congress IUPAC 2011, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Han Bing Chua & Chen Lim Tay. (2011) Impact of laboratory engagement on learning effectiveness among two cohorts of undergraduate students undertaking the first year chemistry units. Enhancing Learning: Teaching & Learning International Conference 2011, Miri Sarawak.
- Pang, S. C. & Tay, C. L. (2010, April). Development of novel starch-based gel electrolyte films for electrochemical device applications. Paper presented in Symposium Advanced Organic and Inorganic Materials for Electrochemical Power Sources of 217th Electrochemical Society Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
- Pang, S. C. & Tay, C. L. (2008, March). Development of a novel starch-based gel electrolyte (SbGE) thin film from native sago starch (Metroxylon sagu) for electrochemical charge-storage devices. Paper presented in Symposium JJ: Materials Research for Electrical Energy Storage, San Francisco, United States.
- Pang, S. C., Chin, S. F. Tay, Y. Y. & Tay, C. L. (2006, July). Synthesis and characterization of manganese oxide and hybrid nanocomposite thin films. Paper presented in International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICONN), Brisbane, Australia
- Tay, C. L. & Pang, S. C. (2006, May). Development of novel starch-based polymer electrolyte for electrochemical applications. Paper presented in 1st Penang International Conference for Young Chemists (ICYC), Penang, Malaysia.
Research Resource Funding
- Curtin Sarawak Research Fund (CSRF) – Investigator Title: Development of Inkjet Printed Starch-based Polymer Electrolyte.
- Curtin Sarawak Collaborative Research Scheme (CSCR) – Co-investigator Title: Recovery of Edible Functional Fibers from Fruit Peel Waste
- Associate Chemist (5618/2009), Malaysian Institute of Chemistry.