Khor Ee Huey
Dr. Khor Ee Huey
Ph.D, MSc, BSc
Telephone: +60 85 443939 Extn: 2470
Location: Skylark 3 Room 366
Dr. Khor is currently a faculty member of the Chemical and Petroleum Department at Curtin University Malaysia. She graduated from Campbell University, USA in 2001. She then continued her Master degree in United Kingdom in Instrumental Analytical Method in Biological and Environmental Chemistry. She joined the industry as a Corporate Chemist in a water treatment company after her studies and has 3 years experience in water quality control and water treatment processes. In 2007, she entered into Curtin University to pursue her PhD in Chemical Engineering in the research area of produced water treatment. During these times, she had served as a research assistant and a tutor in Chemical Engineering Department of Curtin University. After completing her 4 years PhD studies, she continues her teaching in Curtin as a lecturer.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Curtin University, 2007-2011
- Master of Science in Instrumental Analytical Method in Biological and Environmental Chemistry, 2003
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biology, Campbell University, USA, 1997-2001
- Enzyme catalysis and optimization
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Membrane filtration system
- Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) simulation
- Tan, Y.Y., Tang, F.E., Saptoro, A., Khor, E.H., 2015, Septage Treatment Using Vertical-Flow Engineered Wetland: A Critical Review, Chemical Engineering Transactions. 45, 1531.
- Tung EC, Yon JLS, Huey KE, Danquah MK. 2014, Enzymatic approach to phenol removal from wastewater using peroxidases. OA Biotechnology May 10; 3 (1):9.
- Khor, E.H., Samyudia, Y., 2013, Improvements of Oil-in-water Analysis for Produced Water using Cross-flow Membrane Filtration, Journal of Water Resources Management. Vol.1 No. 2
- Khor, E.H, & Samyudia, Y 2009, The Study of Mass Transfer Coefficient in Membrane Separation for Produced Water, International Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 2, no. 2-3, Mar-Dec, pp. 143-152.
- Khor, E.H., Samyudia, Y., 2014 Optimization of Dissolved Oil Separation by Integrated Mechanical and Chemical Treatment Method in the proceedings of the 9th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA2014), 9-11 June, Hangzhou, China.
- Khor, E.H. and Samyudia, Y., 2010 Optimization of dissolved oil separation for produced water analysis, 5th International Symposium on Design, Operation and Control of Chemical Processes (PSE Asia), Singapore, July, 2010
- Khor, E.H. and Samyudia, Y., 2010 A Comparison of the Separation Efficiency of Dissolved and Dispersed Oil using Microfiltration and Ultrafiltration Membrane, CHEMECA 2010, Adelaide, Australia, 26-29 September 2010.
- Khor, E.H., Kumar, P., Samyudia, Y., 2009. CFD Modeling of Crossflow Membrane Filtration – Integration of Filtration Model and Fluid Transport Model. The 2nd CUTSE International Conference 2009, 24–25 November 2009, Curtin Sarawak Malaysia, Miri.
- Khor, E.H., Samyudia, Y., 2009. The Study of Mass Transfer Coefficient in Membrane Separation for Produced Water. Conference Proceedings of Chemeca 2009, 27-30 September 2009, Australia.
- Khor, E.H., & Samyudia, Y., 2007.Review on Produced Water Treatment Technology. The 21st Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineering (SOMCHE2007).12–14th December 2007, Serdang, Malaysia. University Putra Malaysia.
- International Association of Engineers member (IAENG) since 2008
- Associate Member of Institution of Chemistry Malaysia (AMIC)
- Member of Institute of Chemical Engineering (UK) IChemE