Telephone: +60 85 443939 extn: 2416
Location: Skylark 3 Room 449
Freddie Panau is currently a Lecturer of Chemical Engineering at Curtin Malaysia. Prior to working at Curtin Malaysia, he has conducted a fundamental research in chemical engineering science at the Center of Lipid Engineering and Applied Research, University Teknologi Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. His research activity is now focused on the development of innovative, but simple, bioprocess technologies for the sustainable development of rural areas.
Mr. Freddie is a registered graduate engineer with Board of Engineers Malaysia, BEM and also a registered EIA Consultant in the fields of Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering with Natural Resources and Enviromental Board, Sarawak, NREB.
He has had many years of teaching experience in such courses as Process Analysis, Process System Analysis, Process Plant Design, and Palm Oil and Oleochemical Process.
- Master Degree in Engineering (Bioprocess), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 2000
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engineering), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 1997
- S.P. Then, F. Panau and Y. Samyudia, Supercritical fluid extraction of black pepper’s bioactive compounds: Solubility and Mass transfer, ICCBPE & SOMChE, Kota Kinabalu, 2012
- J. Nandong, K.Y. Huey, F. Panau and Y. Samyudia, Dynamic modelling and simulation of continuous extractive fermentation for mixture of glucose and xylose by Yeast Pichia Stiptis, 2nd Int’l Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering,Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia 2005 (accepted)
- Freddie Panau, et al, A Renewable Energy System for Sustainable Rural Development in Sarawak, The Inagural Curtin Miri/Curtin Bentley Research Collaboration Workshop, Perth, Australia, 2003
- Morad, N.A., A.A. Mustafa Kamal, F. Panau, and W.K. Ten, Viscosity Estimation of Triacylglycerols and of Some Vegetable Oils, Based on Their Triacylglycerol Composition, JAOCS 78, pg. 1001-1005 (October 2001).
- Morad, N.A., A.A. Mustafa Kamal, F. Panau, and T.W. Yew, Liquid Specific Heat Capacity Estimation for Fatty Acids, Triacylglycerols, and Vegetable Oils Base on Their Fatty Acid Composition, JAOCS 77, pg. 1001-1005 (September 2000).
- Panau, F., Physical Properties of Cocoa Butter for Design of Deodorisation Process, (in Bahasa Malaysia), M.Sc. Thesis, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 2000.
- Chik, A.S., Sarmidi, M.R.and Panau. F, Investigation On Improved Deodorization Process Of Malaysian Cocoa Butter Using Laboratory Deodorizer. Proceeding on Regional Symposium on Chemical engineering 13-15 Oct, Johor Bahru, (October 1997).
Research Resource Funding
- Curtin Sarawak Research Fund (CSRF)
- Registered Engineer of Board of Engineer Malaysia