Christine Yeo Wan Sieng
Christine Yeo Wan Sieng
Telephone: +60 85 443939 Ext:2471
Location: Skylark 3 Room 344
Christine Yeo is a lecturer in the Department of Chemical Engineering, Curtin University Sarawak Campus. She obtained the degree of Master philosophy of Chemical Engineering from Curtin University in 2014 and her bachelor Degree in Bioprocess – Chemical Engineering from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor in 2007. She also has a few years’ experience in engineering practise in both environmental and oil & gas industries before entering into academic field.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Curtin University (Part time – in progress)
- MPhil in Chemical Engineering (2014), Curtin University
- BEng in Bioprocess – Chemical Engineering (Hons) (2007), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Staff study support for Doctor of Philosophy by research, 2015.
- Curtin University Postgraduate Stipend Scholarship, 2013
- Curtin University, Higher Degree by Research Scholarship, 2011
- Gold Metal and Dean List for overall excellent academic achievement, 2007
- Dean List Awards, 2003 – 2007
- Lecturer in Chemical Engineering Department, Curtin University Sarawak Campus, 2017 – present
- Associate Lecturer in Chemical Engineering Department, Curtin University Sarawak Campus, 2014 – 2017
- Associate Lecturer in Engineering First Year Department, Curtin University Sarawak Campus, 2014
- Associate Lecturer in Foundation in Engineering and Science, Curtin University Sarawak Campus, 2013
- Teaching Assistant in Engineering First Year Department, Curtin University Sarawak Campus, 2011 – 2013
- Technical Support Engineer in Delta Region Engineering Sdn. Bhd., Sarawak, 2008 – 2010
- Environmental Engineer in Cahajasa Sdn. Bhd., Sabah, 2007 – 2008
- Chemical Engineer (Trainee) in Veolia Water System Industrial Service (M) Sdn. Bhd., Penang, 2006
- Inferential sensor design
- Process Integration for Pollution Prevention
- Hydrolysis of Palm Olein
- Yeo, Wan Sieng, Yin Ling Tan, and Yudi Samyudia. 2018. “Development of an Integrated Technique for Energy and Property Integration in Batch Processes.” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 57(6): 2178 – 2191. doi: 10.1021/acs.iecr.7b03803.
- Yeo, Wan Sieng, Agus Saptoro and Perumal Kumar. 2017. Development of Adaptive Soft Sensor Using Locally Weighted Kernel Partial Least Square Model. Chemical Product and Process Modeling. 12(4): -. Retrieved 2 Aug. 2017, from doi:10.1515/cppm-2017-0022
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Agus Saptoro and Perumal Kumar. 2017. “Adaptive Soft Sensor based on modified locally weighted partial least square algorithm for non-Gaussian and nonlinear processes.” Proceeding of one Curtin international postgraduate conference (OCPC) 2017, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 10 – 12 December 2017.
- Wan Sieng Yeo, Agus Saptoro and Perumal Kumar. 2016. “Development of Adaptive Soft Sensor using Locally Weighted Kernel Partial Least Square Model.” 29th Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, 1 – 3 December 2016.
- W.S. Yeo, Y.L. Tan and Y. Samyudia, Development of Systematic Technique for Property and Energy Integration in Batch Processes, Colloquium 2014, organized by Curtin University and co-organized by Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS), Miri, Sarawak.
- W.S. Yeo, Y.L. Tan and Y. Samyudia, Synthesis of Heat and Property Integration in Batch Processes, 2nd Postgraduate Colloquium for Environmental Research 2013 (POCER 2013), Genting Highland, Pahang, 2013.
- W.S. Yeo, Y.L. Tan and Y. Samyudia, Development of Systematic Technique for Property and Energy Integration in Continuous Process, 4th International Conference on Chemical & Bio Process Engineering (ICCBPE 2012) in conjunction with the 26th symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers (SOMCHE 2012), Sabah, 2012.
- Registered with Board of Engineering Malaysia (BEM)
- Associate Member, The Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) UK