Cynthia Paul Sebli
Cynthia Anak Paul Sebli
Cynthia joined Curtin University Sarawak Malaysia in June 2012. She graduated with M.Sc in Chemistry specialized in Synthetic Chemistry in 2010 from The University of Warwick, UK and B.Sc (Honours) in Resource Chemistry in 2006 from Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS). She has been involved in teaching and research which was her routine during her days in Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) as a tutor. Her research was focusing on the coordination chemistry of transition metal (i.e. Fe2+ and Sn2+) compounds and their applications. The interesting stereoselectivity of the Fe2+ was her primary concern for her Master thesis. Whereas, the antibacterial activity of Sn2+ was the main objective of her research in doing undergraduate project. For now she will shifted to another application of chemistry that isotope studies for geochemistry to determine the fate some transition metal in the various samples of sediment.
- PhD, Curtin University Malaysia-Ongoing
- Master of Science (M.Sc.), Chemistry (Specialised in Synthetic Chemistry), 2010, The University of Warwick, UK.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours), Resource Chemistry, 2006, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS), Malaysia.
- Associate Lecturer (June 2012 – Present) Department of Applied Geology, Curtin University, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Tutor, Department of Basic Science and Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia (UPM), (January 2007– May 2012).
- Environmental Geochemistry
- Paul Sebli, C., Howson, S. E., Clarkson, G. J. and Scott, P. 2010. fac-Specific syntheses of homochiral [Fe(NN′)3]2+ complexes (NN′ = pyridine keto-hydrazone); origins of the stereoselectivity. Dalton Trans., 39: 4447-4457.
- Member of the American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Chemistry (IKM)